Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 10:29 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: GameCube Sucks? I think not.
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:27 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

So, a couple of weeks ago : I got a GameCube. After a long hiatus of not having a console (the last being a NES/Famicom back in the 90's), I finally had a console! I had bragging rights, but then wait a minute - it is a GameCube.. So, anyways I tried it out : and I loved it. All these years, I have heard : the GameCube sucks or no mention of it at all. It was all XBOX and PS2. Those systems were popular because of a few games. But I believe, that the GameCube has more good games. I mean, who doesn't love Super Smash Bros Melee, or the other Mario Games. You can't get that on a PS2. Not that there's nothing wrong with a PS2, but I believe the GameCube is seriously underappreicated.

People think the GameCube has bad games and bad graphics. Yes, Mario Kart : Double Dash doesn't have as good graphics as HALO. But, it's not bad. I really think graphics have more to with the games as opposed to the system.

Post subject: Re: GameCube Sucks? I think not.
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:54 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I thought the semi-official order was PS2-GCN-XBX

But you're right, the Gamecube rocks. I only have 3 games for it and I love it. (And I'm not sure if Pokemon Box counts as a game...)

Sure, the PS2 has more classics, but there are also a lot of crappy games. In a GCN, the bar's higher up, making it a great console.

And the only reason people have an XBX is for Halo, and shooting games arent my favourite type of games, no no more comments here.

I need a new sig. >_>

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:39 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: Outside on your boulevarde scaring small children. Um... or in Illinois.
Um... the GC was popular only because of a few good games, and had little to no good releases the year to last six months before the Wii was released. It's widely known for being based around only a few franchises and a few great games released, even less than XBox. o_0

I was hyped up when I got the system, but now I believe it was one of the biggest waste of money I've ever made (I got it for $90 used a few years back, along with Super Smash Brothers Melee which is one of the few good games for it), and never, aside from a good 3 or 4 games, played any games worth my time (and I went through the Metroid Prime games, the Zelda games, most of the Mario games, and a rather wide selection of GC games, most of the popular ones). :\ I find the GC the worst popular Nintendo system to date. I think all other Nintendo systems bypass it by FAR.

Also, many times, and in many games, the GC has BETTER graphics than the Xbox. Halo was never a display of the Xbox's power either, as they weren't really that great for it's time. I'm not sure when people started believing that Halo was anywhere near the height of the XBox's power.

Nintendo screwed itself over because they're stubborn and don't like 3rd-party support. Something they've already mentioned they're trying to fix. Even Nintendo (well at least Nintendo America) has claimed that the GC was nearly a failure for them.

---

Also, Roxas, the "order" changed during the last years of the generation. Xbox overthrew the GC, because it was rarely pumping out games (and those that they were underwealming), while the Xbox still had a tight grip on online play, and the PS2 was still pumping out games at a decent rate.

CLICK IT!
Thanks to Laq. :o

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:51 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I love my Gamecube. <3

that's me.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:18 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I have to agree I love the GCN, maybe as much as the all-mighty N64 of my childhood. I thought it was a cool system, and frankly, I think the graphics were gorgeous. Starfox Adventures, Super Mario Sunshine, Twilight Princess, I thought they were all stunning in the graphics department, especially how the graphics compaired to the N64 right after release. I'm picky with the games I like so sure there were only a few games I have anyways that I enjoy, but the ones I do have are fantastic and I love it with all my heart ~:> .

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:41 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Apparently I'm the only person here who likes Pikmin. I think its a pretty worthwhile game...the second one, that is. ;)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:00 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Kuge, I don't know what you're on, but the GC has plenty of great games. Looking over my personal collection, I can see 22 great games:

Skies of Arcadia Legends
Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean
Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg
Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem
F-Zero GX
Killer 7
Metal Gear solid: The Twin Snakes
Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
Battalion Wars
Ikaruga
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
TimeSplitters 2
TimeSplitters: Future Perfect
Fire Emblem: Path Of Radiance
Star Wars: Rogue Leader
Tales Of Symphonia
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Pikmin 2
Resident Evil (REmake)
Resident Evil 4
Phantasy Star Online: Episodes I & II
Phantasy Star Online Episode III: C.A.R.D. Revolution

And there are STILL lots of GC games I would like!

Set by the WIS, the ORIGINAL House Stalker!

When I see his posts, I fill with righteous rage. :D

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:18 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I always have loved my Gamecube. Now, however, I want to get a Wii. It pwns everything else I've played AND plays all those awesome Gamecube games. :D

"A lot of people run a race to see who is fastest. I run to see who has the most guts." - Steve Prefontaine

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:36 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I think you all give your GCNs too much love really... I mean I probably had max of 10 games for mine, and the only decent ones I can remember are LoZ: Wind Waker, LoZ: Four Sword Adventures, Metroid Prime, Metroid Prime 2, Soul Calibur 2, Paper Mario and Super Smash Bros Melee. I'm sure we had a few more odd ones, but the only reason we bought it was so we could play WW, and that was like 5 years after its release. (around... 2003 maybe? Can't exactly remember) We had a few odd games, and traded lots of them back for better things. Not to mention we only ever needed or bought 2 controllers for it...

Compare this to our 20-odd games for our N64, 4 controllers and many more hours of love. (So many hours it hardly functions anymore, poor thing, have to shake it to get it to turn on...) And not to mention the well over 30 or 40 games for our PS2, which we got when it first came out in 2000. We haven't bought a new GCN game for about 2 years maybe longer, and for our PS2 we bought FFXII in April and Okami in Feb this year! We had so many games I can hardly remember them all... FFX, FFX-2, FFXII, Metal Gear Solid 2, MGS 3, Okami, Primal, Tekken Tag, Disgaea 2, Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts 2, Soul Calibur 3, SSX (1,2,3 and On Tour), some James Bond games, Shadow of the Colossus, ICO, Dragon Quest (8 I think...), God of War and a bunch we bought and traded back over the years. Thats why many people think GCN wasn't that great as a console, cause it wasn't. The only reason to buy it was a select few games, compared to hundreds of available games on PS2 or even on XBOX.

I'm not saying it sucked, it just didn't live up to its potential, or to the reputation built up by Nintendo from its many other successful consoles over the years. Thankfully Nintendo regained their awesomeness with the Wii.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:55 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I think Pikmin was my biggest waste of money for the gamecube. I've had some good times with my GCN... good times indeed...

007: Agent under Fire, Nightfire, Everything or Nothing - great times!
SSBM, SM Sunshine, Mario Kart - good times!
Metroid - okay times!
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory - great times!

Pikmin and Crazy Taxi - bad times!

ImageImage

Boom-shaka-laka! Rawr come and join us in the Randomness
Sig Halloween'd by Tom!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:42 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

The GameCube is great. It offers great Nintendo gaming. It may not have great graphics or Halo, but I still regularly play mine.

Set by Byakuya'<3

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:19 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Byakuya San wrote:
Apparently I'm the only person here who likes Pikmin. I think its a pretty worthwhile game...the second one, that is. ;)

agreed. I actually enjoy pikmin! i also love Animal Crossing since it's similar to Harvest Moon.

I love my GC! <3 and I cant wait to get a Wii, but that'll have to be next year or so......i heard its worth it though!

set by Sakura

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:15 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

ellamcumber wrote:
Byakuya San wrote:

agreed. I actually enjoy pikmin! i also love Animal Crossing since it's similar to Harvest Moon.

I love my GC! <3 and I cant wait to get a Wii, but that'll have to be next year or so......i heard its worth it though!

I love Harvest Moon and Animal Crossing! But I accidently deleted Harvest Moon, so there goes all my property... :cry:

Set by Byakuya'<3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:28 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

*strokes wii*

*strokes gamecube games next to wii*

Ahh. delicious.

Do you miss Bill? I miss Bill. Go to this thread to petition Bill Back!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:05 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

zorg wrote:
*strokes wii*

*strokes gamecube games next to wii*

Ahh. delicious.

lucky sod.

set by Sakura

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next