Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:29 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Mario Party (From 1 to 8 and on)
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:47 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Well, I just got the Wii and Mario Party 8 (Favourite Nintendo game) and I have to say, I'm not feeling it. The Wii is amazing, but the Mario Party game itself seems, well, lackluster. Despite all of the Wii's capabilities, it seems that they did very little incorporate its uniqueness in this game. A lot of the mini-games are also repeats of the past (Especially repeats of Mario Party 6 and 7) and it just seems that the game could've very well been made for Gamecube.

While I love the Mario Party series, Mario Party 8 is the worst of those I've played (4, 5, 6 and 7). Definitely a rental if you must play it.

However, there is news that Mario Party 10 is the last installment of the series and will be an "all-stars" so to speak. With favourite mini-games from the past and all of the past playable characters (Koopa Kid y'all!), it's going to be one heck of a game. But this is just a rumor.

I just hope that Mario Party 9 is much better than 8 and that it uses all of the Wii's capabilities to its fullest.

Set by Medli

Post subject: Re: Mario Party (From 1 to 8 and on)
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:52 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I loved the first three, and I have 4, but it just wasn't as good. It was too bland, really, and even though 5, 6, 7, etc. weren't so much, they still weren't as good. It's a shame they can't make these like they used to. Oh well.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:38 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

they better have toad! and toadette!

NDB Count: 835/1000

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:55 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I loved the original first couple that came out on N64. From there it seemed to go down hill. It's like the same thing being repeated over and over again with no innovation. The MCs just get creeper. *shivers*

Set by Byakuya'<3

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:46 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Watching little birds fly kamikaze missions into the walls.
I've played all of the Mario Party versions for GameCube and Mario Party 8 for the Wii. Out of all of the ones I've played, Mario Party 8 is by far the worst. The randomness of where the coins are just really sucks, for lack of putting it nicer. I agree that they really could have done a lot more with the game, and making it a random course each time detracted even more from it.

It was an honor serving you PPT. I will miss you.
Click here to join my new werewolf forum!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:33 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I love Mario Party, infact it was the idea of MP8 that tipped me over the edge of getting a Wii, but I wasn't greatly impressed. I've only dipped in and out so I'm not knowledgeable of what was in which game, but something I'd really like to see again is the porper duels when you had a sidekick either side of you and you had to get your opponents health down. I liked that.

ImageImageImageImage

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]