Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:30 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: The April Fool's Joke
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:29 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

What do you guys think of this years April Fool's Joke? I think it was a total flop.

Set by Byakuya'<3

Post subject: Re: teh April Fool's Joke
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:35 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

what did they do?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:02 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

If you surf around, you will get this alert for the NeoBuddy BETA. You take a quiz and you get Bugeye Magee as your buddy.

Set by Byakuya'<3

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:03 am 

ha,ha, ha, not funny. On the upside, what do you think of ppt's joke?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:08 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Location: MB, Canada State: Solid               State: Denial           State: Gekko
What PPT joke? The staff haven't done much for a joke this year, just this 'teh' thing, which, while a bit annoying, I'm sure will be gone by tomorrow.

As for Neopets' April Fool's joke, I got the quiz thing and did it, but never saw anything else before I was finished with my dailies, and I have nothing else to do on Neopets now, so I guess I'm missing this year's.

D&D Encounters - Forum Text Adventure!
The Werewiki - Werewiki Forums
@DylPage - @Werewiki

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:21 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

The Neopets prank isn't haha funny or "OMG! What did they do?!". It's probably because I was expecing a joke this year, but I am finding it amusing. Maybe I'm just easily amused...lol Or maybe it's because I don't find it annoying... ;)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:35 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
I nearly missed this years'. T h e first time the NeoBuddy "sign-up" pop-up came up, I closed it out of habit as I do with nearly every advert popup. After I realized it was t h e joke I wondered if I missed out on t h e joke. Eventually, it came up again. Bugeye Magee is pretty ugly though.

I think t h e NeoCash joke will be very hard to beat. That one completely had me going. I remember thinking "I'm glad I use Opera and have all my dailies & shops in the drop down so I don't have to navigate Neopia to get where I want to go at a cost of 10 NP(?) each page". :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:27 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I've been very disappointed by this year's april fools joke because bug eyed Mc'gee is totally ignoring me. I eventually got the pop up to take the quiz but the darn creepy lizard has totally ignored me.

Also ppt's joke is less than amusing. Since it means there's no way for me to access the real forums to discuss daily dare etc. (Or is there now? I was getting a no permission error when I tried to load the real forums earlier)

So really i'm apparently a cranky pants today.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:12 am 
PPT God
PPT God

B55B55 wrote:
I've been very disappointed by this year's april fools joke because bug eyed Mc'gee is totally ignoring me. I eventually got teh pop up to take teh quiz but teh darn creepy lizard has totally ignored me.

Also ppt's joke is less than amusing. Since it means there's no way for me to access teh real forums to discuss daily dare etc. (Or is there now? I was getting a no permission error when I tried to load teh real forums earlier)

So really i'm apparently a cranky pants today.

You're not missing much with bug eyed, he just interrupts you when you're trying to hurry when doing important things like snatch up good deals on the TP *rant* lol
And I'm not a fan of PPT's joke either, the members who are regulars in the miscellaneous forums get to laugh at the silliness and still chat with each other, but for those of us who can count on one hand the number of times they've posted on non-neo boards for the past 4 years... well... we're sitting here waiting to be able to continue DD and plot prize discussions :/

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:08 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Yes, this was a really bad time to pull a joke that takes away all Neo forums. I hardly come here anymore, but I wanted to update my main advice post in Battledome forum with new plot weapon info, and instead I get this "joke." It's not even funny. People want to talk about Daily Dare, plot prizes, and everything else Neo-related. Renaming forums would have been (mildly) amusing. Removing all Neo posts, not so much.

If anyone wants BD info, including about plot prizes, come to IDB forums. That place (and Neocolours) is where I spend my time nowadays.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:40 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

It was barely half a day. Not the end of the world. Seriously. Now you're suggesting other people leave just because you can't go 12 hours without discussing Neopets? Come on. :roll:

Image Image
<3 Divas rock! Click to join. <3

Post subject: Re: The April Fool's Joke
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:52 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I didn't even imply that it was a big deal, let alone the end of the world. Like I said, I rarely even come here anymore. I was just pointing out where people could go if they needed weapon info quickly (I saw a member wondering about the new blaster, wanting to know if it was a worthwhile purchase before snapping one up) and letting those members who remember me know where I hang out now. If we're not allowed to mention other Neo-related forums anymore, I'll edit my post.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:59 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

My mistake then. The way it was posted it sounded like you were urked that the Neopets boards were down and suggesting people went to other boards because you are dissatisfied with this one.

I was not particularly speaking to you, either. It just happened to be your post that I posted after. There are others that complained as well. At least we only did it for half the day instead of the full April Fool's, eh? I thought that was considerate. :/ One day a year isn't so bad.

Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:02 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Well, I was irked that the Neo boards were down, but only because I came here specificially to update my weapon advice post (listing all useful, affordable BD weapons) and couldn't do it because the forums were hidden. I knew that I probably wouldn't remember to come back and update it tomorrow, considering I don't visit very often anymore. But the Neo forums are back now and I updated it, so all is well.

And I do like the other boards better now, but that's just me. If people are happy at PPT, I'm not going to drag them away screaming. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:08 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

That's totally understandable. :)

Image Image

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next