PC, X-Box, Playstation 2, Gamecube and so on. Hints, tips and discussion here.
Topic locked

Re: Old and/or Underrated Games

Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:19 pm

7th Guest!
Haha, I liked playing that game - until for some reason or another it wouldn't let me finish it.

These are some really old games, that I remember devoting countless hours to playing when I was a small child. (think floppy disk and DOS days xD)

Lemmings
Jones in the fast lane
Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego
Duke Nukem
Wolfenstein
Hugo: House of Horrors
Word Rescue

The Myst games

Those are the only ones I could remember.

Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:41 am

Space Station: Silicon Valley

One of my favourite games of ALL time. It was on the N64 and I looovveedddd it. It was funny and querky, but despite being a good game it never got the sales it deserved. You're a microchip from a robot that inhabits cybernetic animals (dogs with wheels for paws, spring-sheep that had a spring for legs, polar bear with tank treads instead of legs, other awesome stuff) that has to stop the space station from crashing with earth. The entire thing starts because the robot and his partner are fighting over which radio station to have on, so they hit a meteor and crash into the station. It's funny and I love it!

Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:29 am

Anvil wrote:Space Station: Silicon Valley

One of my favourite games of ALL time. It was on the N64 and I looovveedddd it. It was funny and querky, but despite being a good game it never got the sales it deserved. You're a microchip from a robot that inhabits cybernetic animals (dogs with wheels for paws, spring-sheep that had a spring for legs, polar bear with tank treads instead of legs, other awesome stuff) that has to stop the space station from crashing with earth. The entire thing starts because the robot and his partner are fighting over which radio station to have on, so they hit a meteor and crash into the station. It's funny and I love it!

I love that game. I wish it got the treatment it deserved though, then we might have seen a sequel. Anyways. I hope nintendo makes a wii version.

Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:58 am

All the original Sonics (though I only really remember Sonic 1 and 2).
Alex Kidd in Miracle World
Ghost House

Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:51 pm

ZanZarah was made in 2002 although I only found out about it recently. I don't know anyone else who's played it. I'd describe it as... pokemon and fairies mixed together. :P

Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:01 pm

Theme Hospital is the best game ever. :o

Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:36 am

Pixa wrote:Theme Hospital is the best game ever. :o

I can recall connecting two computers using serial and played a multiplayer game of Theme Hospital. I was having fun shooting rats at my opponent hospital. At the end of the game, he mentioned that he noticed a rat disappeared from his screen, with a number floating upward. XD

Somehow I like the game "Betrayal At Krondor"...

Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:06 am

I wish I could have played over network. I remember getting up early on Sunday morning, quietly taking the dust cover of my Windows 95, as not to wake my parents, and playing for hours. Such memories.

Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:51 am

I got Uncharted: Drake's Fortune for Christmas with a PS3, and I cannot believe how good it was. I had never even heard of it beforehand. So unloved. It's like Resident Evil 4 and National Treasure got together and had a beautiful baby. D:

Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:40 pm

Tetris - age old and amazing

Back in the day, when I played my Oric Atmos 48k
Hunchback and Knightmare were the games to play... oh yeah and Famous Five.

Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:32 am

Simtower for the best WIN ever! Its the only Sim game I was ever good at, I beat it a couple of times to the point where there was no point in playing it anymore.

Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:17 am

Tombi
Crash
Spyro

Though I've never played further than the demo of Tombi 1 (have clocked Tombi 2 to as far as you can get without having Tombi 1).

Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:23 am

Spyro's a fab game... The whole Devil May Cry series is amazing... (plus the main characters are hawt)

Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:12 am

Does anyone remember Shadowgate? It was an old game for the first nintendo system I think. I loved it.

http://flashgamesite.com/play1063game.html

I found a place you can play it using flash. If you've never played it, try it out.

Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:09 pm

Not terribly old, but to me it is, being the first game I ever remember playing - not some learning game like most kids played in their youth (games were fun then; I'm about 18 now), but Dune 2000. And some C&C game, the one with Nod and the GDI.

Not exactly the kind of games you'd expect 6-8 year old girls to be playing, I know.
Topic locked