Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 2:03 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Hello Kitty Online
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:26 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I have waited forever for this game. <3 It's a dream come true. haha It's an mmorpg based on Sanrio characters. It's so cute it hurts. :3 Founder beta just started up October 8th, so things are still new. :)

To play, you have to make an account here: http://www.sanriotown.com

and then follow the instructions here: http://www.hellokittyonline.com/us/inde ... beAFounder

I think you can still sign up to be a founder? There were keys given out from fileplanet, but that offer is closed now.

If anyone does get in or already plays, I'm Jasujo. :) Feel free to buddy me. (You can only buddy someone when they're online.)

Image Image
<3 Divas rock! Click to join. <3

Post subject: Re: Hello Kitty Online
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:46 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Ahhh, cuteness XD

I tried signing up, but I think I'm too evil for this game
Quote:
Invalid User Name: you have tried to sign up using an illegal addressing format

[Manufactured by Byakuya San]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:15 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

That it so cute! :o
I went ahead and sent an e-mail to them.
I sadly can't play any of the games though. Keeps yelling at me because I'm using an unsupported operating system.

(P.S.: I'm SuperDMChan)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:05 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I just got a new email from HKO:

HKO email wrote:
Hello Kitty Online Players Will Build New York!

Hello Kitty Online is proud to announce its largest in-game event yet: the building of New York City Starting October 17, 2008, players of the Hello Kitty Online Founders’ Beta will be able to participate in a series of quests to collect and organize materials for the building of New York, a new area that will appear in the next phase of the game.

Players who successfully complete all the required quests will have the names of their character permanently recorded on virtual commemorative plaques located throughout the new area (the plaques will appear in future versions of the game’s North American edition). It’s a unique opportunity to leave your mark on Hello Kitty Online!

That is just one example of Hello Kitty Online’s commitment to players who participate in the Founders’ Beta. Founders also enjoy permanent rewards and status, and will retain much of their characters’ progress into the launch version of Hello Kitty Online.

If you would like to join in the fun, help test the game, and see your name permanently engraved inside the cute world of Hello Kitty, become a Founder today! Green Pixels is offering a limited number of beta keys that will allow you to become a Founder of Hello Kitty Online and play in the Founders’ Beta. Supplies are limited, so get yours now!

I'm so excited! I wish there was more notice, though, because there are some other quests I'd like to finish first. haha

Image Image

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:41 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Favorite Cheese: Brie de Meaux, Red Leicester and Wensleydale.
The current HKO event is "Be Nice, Guys!".

Be Nice, Guys! (24/10/2008)
Be Nice, Guys is all about… well, being nice! If you’re nice enough, new players might actually be able to help grizzled HKO veterans.

Looks like HKO is being slowly populated by high-level players… Wouldn’t it be nice if we turn this on its head? What would happen if those high-end items became irrelevant? Hmmm that’d be nice, yeah?

Instructions:

GM-Salvador, our newbie item collector with a surprising amount of rewards, will be standing in Sanrio Harbour (all the cool things happen in Harbour, methinks). All you have to do is give him:

3 newbie wands
3 white tees
3 traveler pants
10 traveler shoes
Simple right? The payoff is quite huge too… Leopard Glasses. Heck, if you were willing to camp out for Leopard Glasses, you wouldn’t mind shelling out a couple of thousand gold for those newbie items right? Right?

So, if you’ve got friends who haven’t played HKO yet, invite them! There are still a lot of ways to get into FB via Green Pixels and MMOsite.

Be Nice, Guys will start on October 24, 10pm EST and will end on October 26 at 10pm EST.

If anything else, this will be a great social experiment. Do you keep your newbie items or just let a high-level player buy you out? Oh the questions life throws at us!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:10 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I actually don't like the new event. I've dubbed it "Let's Harrass the Newbies". lol So many people are following new players around and begging for their items. I don't see how this helps anyone. Yeah, the newbies will have more money because people are buying their things, but if they give their stuff away, then they can't use it to do the quest themselves, so they will have to either beg new players for their items when they get high enough to need the glasses, or camp out the Leopard Leader to get their own pair. lol

Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:09 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

The only thing that event was good for was selling my Newbie Wand when I got a better one. :P I highly doubt the shop would have given me 500 points. XD Other than that, though, I found it annoying. I had people messaging me for items I had already gotten rid of. >__<

It is good to know that you can get the glasses elsewhere, though. It would not be cool if it was a one-time only item. D:

My character is Wildfyre, by the way. ^^

ImageImageImage
Set by WIS (I think XD), awesome fader by Bangel!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:29 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

We have just got a new email from HKO:

HKO email wrote:
November 1 is Hello Kitty's Birthday!
Join the celebrations in Hello Kitty Online, help disadvantaged children
through UNICEF!

Hello Kitty’s Birthday Party - November 1-2

Hello Kitty is celebrating her birthday and you are invited! The preparations for this grand celebration are now complete! We have added a new room and transformed the center of London into the best party places in all of Sanrio Land! In addition to that, we have several events in store for all of you!

In celebration of her birthday, Hello Kitty will make special appearances in Hello Kitty Online on November 1st and 2nd. Players will be treated to a special birthday quest for Hello Kitty and enjoy special mini-events this special day.

Remembering children who are less fortunate, Hello Kitty Online will host an in-game guild contest called “Food for Friends”, in which the efforts of guilds will be translated into donations to charity. Guilds interested in participating will produce raw materials on their farms and craft them into specific food items. Guilds will submit prepared food items to a Game Master and the guilds with the highest contributions will be declared winners. The winning guilds will receive a permanent page on the Hello Kitty Online Official Site, the special guild privileges for open beta, and a small feature on their guild including an interview with the guild representative(s) to be posted on official blog and press releases. Based on the total prepared food donated by all guilds, Sanrio Digital will then make cash donations to UNICEF and the Asian Youth Orchestra.

Guild Competition: Build New York - November 1-6

It's time to build New York! The guilds of Hello Kitty Online will be competing in a race to build two of New York City's most famous landmarks: The Statue of Liberty and The Empire State Building. Representatives of the participating guilds will be called to trade in their Empire Keys and Liberty Keys for special Empire State and Liberty land certificates. The first guilds to complete building these landmarks will receive formal recognition in the new zone and will be awarded special items in the next version of the game.

Please refer to the press release from Sanrio Digital and the Hello Kitty Online Event Blog for screenshots and more information about Hello Kitty’s birthday and associated events.

See you in the game!

The Hello Kitty Online Team

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:08 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

So after a whole hullaballo trying to get registered, I finally do, only to learn that the download isn't Mac (or maybe just me) compatible. This is a Hello Kitty conspiracy, I say.

[Manufactured by Byakuya San]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:44 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

HKO email wrote:
Founders' Beta has been a real success and it’s thanks to you! As the game winds down and officially closes at midnight EST on November 8, 2008, the time has come for the last, the greatest, the best event yet: the Founders’ Finale! We’re making the countdown to the end of this Founders’ Beta a lot of fun, and we’ll be giving away real diamond pendants generously provided by MBLife, so join any (or all!) of the contests in the Founders' Finale for a chance to win!

The action starts on November 7, 2008 at 9pm EST. Here are the activities.

Blog For Thought

Share your Hello Kitty Online story! Use your SanrioTown account blog to write about your experiences in the game, your best or funniest moments, the friends you met in the game, or anything related to HKO. Creativity is king here! Add photos, videos or music to make your blog post better.

Crop Circles

Show off the precision of your landscaping skills! Nothing is more refreshing than a day in a beautifully landscaped garden. Use your farm to arrange your crops to grow into shapes or patterns, make colorful combinations, or draw a picture made of crops!

A Day With Hello Kitty and Friends

Got a talent for art? This one is for you! Draw your avatar together with Hello Kitty and her friends. Your drawing must be about something you have done in Sanrio Land – for example, planting your farm, cooking for charity, running back and forth on quests, or anything else you enjoyed doing in Sanrio Land!

Body Doubles

Do you look like your Hello Kitty Online avatar? Send us pictures! Mix and match avatar clothes and hairstyles or dress yourself up in real life to look like your avatar! We will pick two winners (one male avatar and one female avatar) based on similarities between their photograph and their HKO avatar!

The Kevent

The Kevent is an obscure event shrouded in mystery, wrapped in enigma, riddled with puzzles, surrounded by inscrutability, and doused with a healthy dose of bewilderment. And that’s as much as we’re going to tell you about The Kevent. What is The Kevent? You’ll have to log in to find out more!

See the HKO Event Blog for the respective deadlines of each event.

We are grateful to you for participating in Hello Kitty Online and helping us to work on the game. All participants of the Founders’ Beta will receive special privileges in future versions of Hello Kitty Online. Furthermore, players who have completed the Build New York quests and competitions will receive special recognition in the New York City zone in future versions of the North American edition of Hello Kitty Online.

We hope you enjoyed Founders' Beta and we look forward to seeing you again in Open Beta in the next few months. Thanks again!

If you have any questions, contact us at onlinegame@hellokitty.com.

Hello Kitty Online's Founders' Beta is offically over by the looks of things.

Buskie was who I was on HKO and it is the same name I have used on Wonderland Online (the only other MMORPG that I have played with a female character despite the fact that I am male). It was fun running back and forward doing the quests!

I remember seeing Jasujo standing in front of a exit that would take you away from the harbour and if I recall correctly she (Jasujo) was wearing a light pink shirt on that the time. I would have loved to have taken a screenshot but I couldn't figure how to do so on HKO.

The HKO tutoral was interesting and it was funny watching Lunk voting himself off and being dragged off feet first by Jeb for a dinner with a Jeb.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:57 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Aw! You should have said something if you saw me. :) I would have loved to play together. Several of us were helping each other out with quests and such.

I miss it already. :/ I *just* finished the insanely hard burry ball quest on the last day. lol I had gotten a land deed off a guildmate because I missed the key turnin, but I didn't have time to start building my house before Founders' Beta closed. :( I can't wait until Open Beta starts in December! I hope we don't lose anything. I know there were rumors the GMs were going to try to keep our characters. :)

Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:57 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I'll say interesting and leave it at that. :D

Set by Byakuya'<3

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:04 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

HKO email wrote:
Dear Hello Kitty Online Founder,

To thank you for your participation in Hello Kitty Online beta programs, we'd like to invite you to our exclusive HKO Christmas gathering. Get ready because from December 17 until December 22, 2008, Hello Kitty Online will once again open its doors to all founders to celebrate the last party of the year in Sanrio Land: the “Founders' Christmas Reunion”

The Founders' Christmas Reunion will also feature exclusive game content specially made for our Founders, including:

Special Christmas quests that will send you to a fun filled adventure around Sanrio Land to put Christmas back on track.

Newly designed exclusive Christmas maps for you to explore

The fruits of your labor will finally be revealed! Be the first to visit Sanrio Land's newest city: New York!

Christmas is coming and there's no better way to celebrate the holiday Season than with Hello Kitty! Don't miss out on this chance to celebrate Christmas and spend time in the company of your friends in Sanrio Land.

Details:

The Hello Kitty Online Founders' Christmas Reunion begins December 17, 2008 at 22:00 EST, and will finish December 22, 2008 at 23:59 EST. Please note that Hello Kitty Online will not be accessible outside of this period.

A patch to update your Founders' Beta game client will be available shortly before the Founders' Christmas Reunion opens. If you already uninstalled the game you will also be able to download the installer a few days before the event begins. More details regarding this will be available soon.

If you have any questions, feel to email us at onlinegame@hellokitty.com. We will post more information on the official HKO blog, the event blog, and the official game site.

It's going to be a fun-filled Christmas in Sanrio Land and we look forward to seeing you soon!

- The Hello Kitty Online Team

Good news Jas! :)

Looks like we will be able to play together on HKO afterall. <3

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:08 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I got that email, too! :) I hope I'll be able to complete my house while doing the Christmas things. haha

Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:31 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

HKO email wrote:
It's time to get ready for the final party of the year in Sanrio Land! The latest game patch for Hello Kitty Online will be ready for download on December 15, 2008 at 22:00 EST. This patch is required to enter the Founders' Christmas Reunion, an exclusive holiday gathering for everyone who participated in the Founders' Beta. The Founders' Christmas Reunion will take place from December 17 to December 22, 2008.

In preparation for this exciting event, you can start patching your game client on December 15, 2008 simply by using the game's auto-updater. If you are having trouble with the auto-updater, a manual patch will also be available at the Hello Kitty Online Download Center. If you uninstalled the game, you can download the installer from the Hello Kitty Online Download Center (note that a fresh install will require longer patching time). It is highly recommended for you to update your game client ahead of time so that you can start playing as soon as the server opens!

To update your game, simply start your game client and wait for the auto-updater do its magic!

The Founders' Christmas Reunion will have new and updated game features and content made exclusively for all our Founders. Of special note:

New Christmas-themed maps!

A brand new winter wonderland
complete with snowflakes gently floating down from the sky

The Item Mall is here! You will automatically receive 300 points to spend on exclusive items only available in the Item Mall

Pets can now speak and will let you know how they feel!

Sanrio Land's newest city: New York!

Christmas quests!
Embark on a fun-filled adventure all over Sanrio Land to put Christmas back on track!

New Sanrio characters! You will meet many new faces in your quest to save Christmas!

Player profile page on SanrioTown that shows your character, farm, pet, buddies and more! Check it out!

In-game new email notification informs you when you have new mail.

The Founders' Christmas Reunion will include Christmas-themed events and competitions, and players will have a chance to win Hello Kitty merchandise. Stay tuned for more details!

IMPORTANT INFORMATION - PLEASE READ

The Hello Kitty Online Founders' Christmas Reunion begins December 17, 2008 at 22:00 EST, and finishes on December 22, 2008 at 23:59 EST. Please note that Hello Kitty Online will not be accessible outside of this period.

Only existing Founders will be able to play. New players will not be able to join the Founders' Christmas Reunion.

If you have any questions, feel free to email us at onlinegame@hellokitty.com.

We look forward to celebrating Christmas with you in Sanrio Land. See you soon!

- The Hello Kitty Online Team

I guess we should start patchng.

I am looking forward to Wednesday night. :)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next