Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:35 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: MMOs: Do you play any?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:37 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Hey guys, so I would really appreciate if those of you who have ever played/ do play an MMO could answer a few questions. I'm doing an ethnography project on gamer culture, particularly those who play in MMO communities, for my Honors Social Justice and Youth Culture class. Thank you all for your time!

Name (Favorite player name):

Why do you play MMOs?

Describe your first gaming experience.

What are a few of your favorite things about MMOs?

How would you describe the community?

What kind of real life things do you talk about with other players?

How are you a different person when you are playing the game as opposed to everyday life?

Themes you dislike or find offensive in the game:
Violence
Swearing
Nudity
Sex
None

Age?
Sex?

Thoughts are like buttons!!!

Post subject: Re: MMOs: Do you play any?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:38 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Name (Favorite player name): Ginny (various amonts of 7's)

Why do you play MMOs?

I play MMOs to get to know new people without feeling any sort of pressure I normally feel and to just generally have fun

Describe your first gaming experience.

The first time I played a MMO was on a computer about 7 years ago...... I sadly am unable to remember the game all I know is that it was a first person shooter.

What are a few of your favorite things about MMOs?

I like MMOs because firstly the actual games are fun and then I like being able to talk and act as I am without snide comments etc and I can easily make friends and join in or just linger behind.

How would you describe the community?

The community mostly depends on the game but I am only familiar with first person shooters and things such as neopets (Do they count?). In first person shooters you get some swearing and a slight bit of violence but again it all depends on the game..... Some have healthy competion between the plyers too.

What kind of real life things do you talk about with other players?

When talking to other players it all depends on who is playing... I mostly keep myself to myself ocaisonally telling someone that they had a good shot etc but when I do get friendly with other players we talk about the same things that I would talk about with my friends and generall things about the games we play.

How are you a different person when you are playing the game as opposed to everyday life?

I'm the same person really I just use less of the intelligent answers, I am unsure why but it hasn't anything to do with proving myself, that I am certain of.

Themes you dislike or find offensive in the game:
Violence
Swearing
Nudity
Sex
None

Age? 13
Sex? Female

set by Byakuya San.....Thanks your awesome

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]