Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:29 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
 Post subject: Red vs Blue
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:42 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Hey......Kinda like hyper and jittery at the moment, so really, sorry in advanced if I say anything stupid.

Any way, any one a 360 gamer? Yes? No? Well if you are you'll have heard of Halo, I mean it's the biggest 360 Game out there.

So, there's this company called, waaait for it.......Rooster Teeth *Dun-dun-chh* *Crickets chirp* Well, anyway these awesome people created a machinima using Halo and so it was that Red vs Blue was made. It's a great story about these two teams, The Reds and The Blues (obviously) who are stuck in this stupid, pointless, eternal war in a canyon called Blood Gulch. It starts with each team gaining a new, rather stupid recruit that later screws everything up for them. The blues start failing straight out, despite having the large advantage (a Tank) and they call in for a type of mercenary to help them out. She turned out to be the Blues "leader's" ex girlfriend that he followed into the military.

So, there's over 200 episodes spread out over eight sesaons..... I definitely can't explain the whole story to you guys, it would take me months to explain each character and relationship and twist and stuff.

Ahhh, so many laughs are incorporated into the story and the plot is so well thought out and twisted in all the right ways. I seriously suggest that people watch it, even if you don't care for gaming. So, there's a bit (or an excessive amount) of swearing throughout. Sure it may seem lame at first but as you go along it becomes increasingly addictive and well made and modernised.

Season Nine just started on the fourteenth (I think) of June, and epsiode four was released yesterday. Honestly, most episodes are about five minutes long.....I think it took me about three days straight to watch the entire eight seasons, although I'm sure you could work in like ten episodes a day (roughly an hour) and you'd be done in a month.....maybe.....I don't know, I suck at this stuff.

Okay....I'll shut up now. :oops:

set by Byakuya San.....Thanks your awesome

Post subject: Re: Red vs Blue
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:41 am 
PPT God
PPT God

...wait. ANOTHER season is coming out? Well then, I better get back into watching then. Caboose will save everyone like always. :D

======================================

:P Help support the NeoDex!!! :P

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:49 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Ha, another Caboose lover :) It's back to regular release at 9pm central time on Mondays.....I think. I know it's the same as last time but because of my Britishness I don't know how your American times work. All I know is that you're six hours behind us, give or take depending on the state.
Anyway, today is a pta because they've already done four episodes and they plan on making one every four episodes.....

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:51 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Yeah, time works really different here in the USA. In fact, Season 9 already finished. It was pretty good, and I can't wait to hear what you think of it... :evil:

And speaking of love for Caboose, he went through the Halo Reach Campaign. So...awesome. :D

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:13 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

:o It's already finished? How can that be? D: Don't tempt me with spoilers *covers ears*
I saw that. Caboose is just awesome like that ;)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:00 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

ginny-ROX wrote:
:o It's already finished? How can that be? D: Don't tempt me with spoilers *covers ears*

My attempt at an obvious joke went too easily it would seem. Apologies on that. :evil:

What's the sudden focus on showing everyone's face now? I admit it's well done, but it's certainly a shock after seeing nothing but talking helmets for awhile. That may be the point, but... o_O And what's going on!?! Are they all stuck in a dream right now? Alternate reality? What is it? :o

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:58 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

:x I was sat here an hour after I posted, thinking "I'm such an idiot, of course it's not finished already"

I'll admit, it's strange getting to see everyone's face now but at least it was well put in and not all "Ooh look, we can afford all this technology that lets us create all of this amazing graphics" it was well timed and I'm honestly surprised by how South looks.

Do you remember at the end of Season Eight Church followed Tex into the Capture unit? It's kinda like the unit is replaying his memories at his will but they're all messed up because the unit was fragile and weak and all the Freelancer stuff is Tex's memories or the Epsilon part of Church.

I know too much about this show :roll:

Edit: Can I scream with excitement? I got into a game on Reach with Jack and Geoff because of the community play date thing they're doing and they remembered me from the last one (Mainly because it was Slip 'N Slide and I kept betraying them....and I'm British (Which there aren't as many of) and I'm a girl (There's even less of them) so they have very few British girls on there) and immediately yelled out "There's our favorite betraying Brit" when i joined the party. Two minutes into the game my connection lagged and I got kicked out :( but then when I signed in I had a message from Geoff saying I could join them and a few others on the Rooster Teeth Team in a game later when they're all done. :hug: 8) I'm feeling much love for these guys at the moment <3

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:10 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Congrats. It's always a grand thing to be known and appreciated, and it seems you've gotten than in spades. :hug: and while there's no new episode yet, the RvB reenactment at Comic Con was pretty good...especially that twist. Guy certainly figured out the perfect surprise. ;)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:18 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Okay, Tex! That's all I'm hearing right now in their communities.
I damn Burnie because we have an extra week to wait after what happened because he pushed the PSA back and now next Monday will be the PSA :/
But so excited to finally have her back.
The fight must be amazing :)

Jacob wrote:
the RvB reenactment at Comic Con was pretty good...especially that twist. Guy certainly figured out the perfect surprise. ;)

I would absolutely love it if some guy did something like that for me. It's great that Rooster Teeth have brought so many people together like that when it just started out as a group of four drunks messing around with some capture cards. :hug: I would love to be a part of their awesome team :)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:25 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Finally caught up. Wow. I've said it once, and I'll say it again: I just love how they created the rickety framework of all this from the original series, and actually make some sense, purpose, and depth from it. It's still the same old style of comedy and action, but they've made a really compelling plot from guys standing around in their power armor.

But...how does this all add up to the "dream" being had right now? What does it mean!?! o_O

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:24 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Jacob wrote:
But...how does this all add up to the "dream" being had right now? What does it mean!?! o_O

It's not really a "dream" so much. It's a "damaged memory" that belongs to Epsilon from when he was Church. I consistently have to remind myself, when watching, that whilst all of this is going on, Wash and the Blood Gulchers are still in the little canyon doing absolutely nothing and the director and all the previous freelancers are either in jail or working in the standard military.

So, Yorks loss of his eye was due to Maine trying to get one up on Tex. o_O Totally unexpected. Don't you just love <3 how much power The Director has over the Freelancers? Wash and Carolina, two of the best, actually backed away from him when they're the ones with weapons, super armor and a definite out-numbering. He's just so.......evil :evil:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:25 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

When you're trained to follow your superiors, that's the mentality and demeanor you carry whenever said superiors go about talking and giving orders. But as it goes, they are building up to a big surprise yet again in this series. Shame it can't come out any faster. I'm sure Memory Caboose will save the day for sure! :D

October 25, 2011 Update:
Plenty of weeks have passed, so let's see what RvsB has been up to...watched Episode 14 and 15, but I have to catch up to 17? Rough. Anyway...
So The Directer is actually using specialized troops for the war against the aliens against his own war effort. Granted, we were told as such through the voice overs of Reconstruction (I believe), but actually seeing what he did is something else. Looking forward to see how far he took it, and for what purpose.

BlueEdit: Combined double post...

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]