Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 5:44 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Ratings
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 6:10 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Any ratings on graphics goes here and only here, no stray topics. ;P

Ratings Board Rules:

1. Keep your criticism constructive.
2. You must give/get ratings at a ratio of at least 1:1, that means for every graphic you ask for ratings on, you must rate at least one other. And I mean a meaningful, well-thought out rating, not just a number or "that's good."
New Addition: These numbers do not stack up. If you rated two sets and asked for one rating, you cannot make a post later asking for one free rating because you rated earlier.
And be good about your ratings, if I see continue to see many ratings that simply say "that's good" in many words, I will raise the ratio to 3:1.

3. You may not ask for ratings on work that you did not make.
<hr>
To get you all started again, try the end of the last split.

Image Image

Last edited by Yoshi on Tue Oct 18, 2005 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 7:40 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Eidolon I LOVE your set!!!! The background/image is really nice - not like a photograph, more a drawing but really really lifelike! The font you have chosen goes very well with the set, and I like the sub-text you have chosen. Hmmmm, am trying to think of something you could improve on but I really really like it so I can't!!! :o ;) :D
Errrm, I love the border, the gradient for the main text, the way you didn't try to do the same for the av - because that probably wouldn't have worked .... I LOVE EVERYTHING!! :hug: Err maybe the sub-text could be lowered a bit?? I dont know! I'm trying to help you but I like it just as it is really! :>

Can you rate my current set please?

Want Neopets goodies for FREE????!!??!! Sure you do! Check out this thread: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=38039 :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 4:14 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

maniac -- the set is cute :) The colours go well together, but they seem a little too bold (the text). The animation is pretty good. Maybe try a more fancy font in the signature for your name so it sticks out more. 6.5/10

Can someone rate this colourization I made, please and thanks?

------------------

Thanks to the wonderful Neko for the amazing set.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 4:46 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I really like the hair, and the skin...Especially the skin. It's all very soft and pretty-like. Of course, now that I've viewed the larger version I'm amazed - I love love love the hair, mostly the wavyish part in the lower right corner. The blue eyes look out of place a bit, but not as much as they would if they were light blue, so good call on that one. The only other nitpicky thing I have is on her lips, the lower left part...the rest are more of a reddish pink, and this part is like a pastel-y pink. Don't know if that was you or the original photo, so. For talent in coloring in the lines; 8.75/10. ;)

okay. mine's big...O.o

click for the full version :) if the full view's too big for you to rate, then..erm...I don't know. O.o I can resize it maybe? If it gets too small, the detail's lost. ah well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 5:45 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Bluehawaii19

Mm, nice. However, from seeing this and other colorizations from you, I must say that eyes are probably your weak point. These eyes are much too bright, and are incredibly distracting. I think maybe if you played with the saturation a bit, you could fix the problem. The hair is fabulous, very realistic looking. The skin is nice as well, though it could possibly be darker. The text could be better positioned, though I think the better choice would be to have no text at all. 8/10

the greatest love story never told.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:41 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

i took a alot of time on photoshop to get the set completed and some pictures that i need. yes i made them so don't ask. it's one of my favorite anime characters. so plz feel free to rate my set.

well the sig pic i made, i tried to squish in some of the pictures. these images are my finest work. (Avatars are simple for me to make)

AIM s/n: KirbyCalumon (contact me anytime you want if you get bored)
FFXI Server: Asura
FFXI Character: Chiririn (see name. type /sea all Chiririn. send a /tell if you wanna talk)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 12:39 am 
PPT God
PPT God

bluehawaii
I'm not sure what you've really done, as I haven't seen the original image...but this looks really nice. Her eyes are really the main focus in this because the blue is so bright and clear. I think one of the problems with this thought is the lips....on the upper lip near her hair there is a darker, solid smudge of color that looks out of place.

Eidolon
Love it. Probably because there's a lion in it...lol. This is very nicely done. Some minor things wrong with it is that the glow around the lion looks a tad greenish in certain parts. Also, some parts of the water are solid enough, or even transparent enough near the rock. There's straight, sort of blurred lines seemingly running through the rock that look a little odd.

Gone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 2:35 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I went and picked apart the .psd file, and you're right. O.o the lion's greenish glow is mostly due to the fact that I erased around it with a big fat soft brush, and its original background was green. I think the lines on the rock are from the water - the original picture just had a bunch of sticks hanging out there, and I put a river type thing in the bottom. Thanks for the critique :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 2:39 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Flame wrote:
bluehawaii
I'm not sure what you've really done, as I haven't seen the original image...but this looks really nice. Her eyes are really the main focus in this because the blue is so bright and clear. I think one of the problems with this thought is the lips....on the upper lip near her hair there is a darker, solid smudge of color that looks out of place.

Here is the original image:

As you can see, her lip is darker on top, so I didn't darken it when colourizing her.

------------------

Thanks to the wonderful Neko for the amazing set.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:55 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

bluehawaii19: Mm, pretty good colouring, very clean. The only problems I see that could have potential fixing are the eyes and lips- the eyes are too unnatural of a blue, and the lips have that strange dark spot like others have mentioned. In addition to colouring, you could use the dodge tool a little to patch those up and make them slightly lighter.

Eidolon: Oooh, very nice. The only thing that bugs me (that I can see) is the water. Use layer masking to create partial transparencies- it seems a little awkward at places at the moment.
<hr>
Any ratings on my new set would be much appreciated. All elements, minus the brushes used (haha), were manually made or drawn (including the font, again).

Image Image
(Alternate av, alternate sig.)

Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 5:12 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I really like the stuff at the bottom, the textured-type stuff. One thing - it might be intentional, but to me the edges on the top, right, and especially left just look awkward (if you don't know what I'm talking about, I can show you, but I think you know what I mean.) I <3 the word 'refresh' in the sig though, it is absolutely adorable. And the colors are quite soothing, so good job on teaming the nice color with the words. I also think you did a good job putting the little white shapes (water droplets?) around the text, it's cute.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:00 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Eidolon:I really like this picture, you did a really good job of blending the images together. When I saw it I wondered what you had done to it or if you were submiting something that you hand drew because it looked so complete. My only complaint is I look at it and I feel like there's a background story to this lion and I want to know what he's doing, where he's going. 9/10

Yoshi: I love this set! It's blue! I love how the border is skewed into more of a rhomboid. I love the ocean theme. I love the text. I love how the text is broken up between the av and the sig. Basicly I love your set! If it weren't so obviously yours I would want it! 10/10 (of course I'm slightly partial)

Could someone rate my current set? It was orignally made for the Secret Santa exchange, but it wasn't given out. So I altered it for myself because I liked it so much and worked so hard on it. It is the combination of two pictures and uses a couple brushes that I made.

Image Image

I'm finally back for the summer, although hopefully I'll spend a little more time away from this screen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:28 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Ooh! hyperflutterby - I think its really pretty! Everything that I could comment on is so nice... the fonts, the animation (couldn't have done it better :) -its just the kind I like ... background but noticable, and nice on the av too), text bar, main image.... it's great!!! One thing .. the text bar on the av is a bit too tall. Either lower it all and have it nearer the bottom and not so big... or a tiny bit up and make the bottom of the bar. Its a bit ... unfinished I guess. But thats just the tiniest bit of fault I could find with it! I think the image is really pretty and so are all those snowflakes falling...
One thing I've just noticed looking at the set again ... the 'Y's and 'K's in the main text on the sig are a bit too small. But I love it! :D

Rate this set please? :) ......

Image Image

Want Neopets goodies for FREE????!!??!! Sure you do! Check out this thread: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=38039 :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 6:15 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

//Yoshi:- You never stop to amaze me. Your sets are always amazing. I love how on the signature the "refresh" text fallows the wave. I for some reason can't get my text to work correctly. It is so blue. I just don't really like the gridish effect in the right side of the image. It doesn't seam to fit. It is hard to see but the grid is evil.
9.9/10

//hyperflutterby:- The image flows together in a way. The snowflakes moving in the background give it, its' winter feel. I'm just not too happy about the font used on the sub-text. Also I notice the bulbs kind of look off. Just a little bit. Other wise fine.
9/10

//maniac:- Oh you have com far from the paint sets. Oh so far. The image is really small. I think you beat me for the smallest set. It is nice that it is so simple. I just did't really like how the shading is on the sig. The shadow on the mini butterfly is going one way and the big one it is going another.
9/10

Okay my turn to be poked and tortured.
Okay. I don't like the avatars. I don't like it. But rate my set that I made for Ammer's set contest please.

quick set by me//

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 7:32 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Yoshi: Wow. That is just..beyond words. As are all of your sets :P. Creative border, I like it. And the wave, it's so cool :D

Hyperflutterby: I like it :D. Only thing I don't like is that the subtext is really big, and I don't like the font very much either but it's still cool :P

maniac: Aww it's pretty :D. I like how there's a shadow under the butterflies, but I don't know if that was part of the original image or not. Also, the main text on the sig is kind of small, but because of the image I can see why. But it's still really good, nonetheless.

Noelle: Wow! That's a great set. I love the teal. The second av the text is easier to read than the first, but just..wow. Fantastic job.

Alrighty, I made two different versions of a header and I want to know which is better.

Original: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v109/ ... rdhead.gif

White: (same as original except the borders are white)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v109/ ... rdhead.gif

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next