Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 12:22 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:45 pm 

I'm not very artistic but I'm not too sane. I'm just wondering If I should stick to this avatar or go for a preset?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 3:59 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

the avatar is fine, but if you want something else, you could always request one on one of the many boards in the Request forums.

rate a random livejournal icon

v: Lifebreather ----- c: Neko

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:16 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Anubis- Cute. ^^ It's really nice simple. I like it. Except the black pixel things in the signature look a little odd against the grey. I don't know how to explain it. XD Anyway, the av is good but I think it could have used a little white. And there's a pink dot near the 'N' which confuses me. o.o

Moogie-Have I ever told you I love your graphics? 'Cause I do. :P This is nice...kinda elegant if that makes senes. The only problem is the 'g' in burning, which looks like a light circle. Also, maybe you could have made 'Desire' a different color. Either way, it's a nice icon.

thy_hobbit-You can stick to that or request one at the Av & Signature Requests forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:52 pm 

In other words mine needs work? or don't bother and request?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 12:08 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Well, I didn't think you asked for a rating. :P

It's really not that bad. It appeals to me....the face. xD All I would do is add a border. :) And maybe change the yellow color of the text. But that's personal preference.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 5:25 pm 

ya sorry I didn't exactly ask for a rating but it could use a border Thanks!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 5:31 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Moogie--I really love it! It's very elegant..I like how all the colors work so well. The last parat of 'burning' is pretty hard to read, though.

Anubis-Very cute. It's simple, but I like it. Only problem is you've got a pixel out of place by the avatar text.

Someone rate my current set?

Mas mothaionn tu fein mar rud eigin caite ar an dtra...
Lig dom goideail an croi duit...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:45 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Anubis - I really like that! It's so simple, yet so... good

The strange anubis text looks a bit odd and out of place. I don't think you need it.

The avatar is nice and simple so it doesn't ruin the sig or anything too :D .

mogie - That image looks very proffetional. I think it is very good

Can someone rate this?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 5:11 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Moogie - Is that Uma Thurman? I like the positioning of the text, it almost makes the graphic look 3D, like "A Burning" is in the background, the girl is in the middle ground, and "Desire" in the foreground. The tail on the D going over her shoulder bothers me though. It just looks a little rough. Also, with the text of "Desire" being semi-transparant, it looks a little funny with part of it in front of her. It makes the D look like it's a totally different colour than the rest of the word. It just looks a little off to me.

.:Requiem:. - Silver and dark blue! My colours! **steals** My favourite part of this set is all of the borders and cut outs. Especially how some of them are actually transparent, and some are white. The solid blue background feels a little plain and blocky though. It might look good with some brushes or texture. A slightly lighter silver for the main text on the sig might look a bit better too. It would stand out better.

Any ratings for my new set?

Image Image

Love is blindness. -- Set by my Secret Santa =D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:24 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Chass--Thanks. ^^ It took me aeons to do the cutouts. I wanted to try to do something with the blue, but it's hard to do so in Paint without messing stuff up baad.

I just saw your set a few minutes before I chcked this..I LOVE IT! It's sort of simple and complex at the same time..I love tho colors, the text...all of it. i want it...-steals-

Mas mothaionn tu fein mar rud eigin caite ar an dtra...
Lig dom goideail an croi duit...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:58 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Requiem: I really like your sig. The picture's cool, and I think the way you've used cut-outs is rteally intricate. I feel the one on the left of the picture spoils it a bit though - it's so big and loses the subtlety of the set... The av is the same as the sig, which is a bit disappointing, but it still looks cool. However, you forgot to transparenctise it...

Sapphire Faerie: I love this set. :) Just curious what the OE IS stands for on the avatar? But apart from this, I do like it. You used a pattern well on teh signature, giving a texture but still making it smooth. The text is readable, but not too obstrusive.

Anyone to rate this current set, please?

The line is from Keat's The Road which is not taken.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:22 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Matt wrote:
Just curious what the OE IS stands for on the avatar?

The symbols, along with the letters, spell out the word "coexist", get it? "CoeXisT"?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:04 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Requiem - I noticed your set on another board, it's very eyecatching! The dark blue background might have been a bit plain, but the cutouts make it really interesting and are a nice touch. The cutouts on the av and sig are quite different in style, though (especially since the sig has a black border), so it might've been nice if they matched a bit more.

kanashimi - Aw, no-one's rated yours yet. I like the text a lot... the font gives it a funky casual feel, and the red text looks good with the girl's jacket. I'm not sure if I like the yellow and orange as much, though - it's good to stick with a few main colours as a colour scheme, sometimes... especially with bold, bright colours that are being used as highlight colours. Maybe a red border (but sticking to the yellow text) would be good :)

Sapphire Faerie - Very cool! The av looks really awesome, and that was a great idea to use the symbols for letters :) The sig looks really nice too, but slightly unbalanced to the right, since all the text is over that side. Maybe centering it more, or putting all the text along the bottom (with the "One" rather smaller, but still the same font) would improve the balance a bit. Nah, it looks great though ;)

Matt - Woah, that looks really cool! I love all the textures, and the green (I'm going through a green phase at the moment... I blame ScottNak ;)). The writing is a little bit hard to read, but it matches the feel of the set wonderfully. My only suggestion would be to widen the sig slightly, so there's a bit more space on either side of the text - it looks a little cramped at the moment. Giving it some "breathing room" makes it easier to read, too :)

Anyone like to rate my current av? :)

And/or my last av...

(I know, I should really make some proper sets... I've been lazy with sigs lately)

Nyum nyum nyum...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:20 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

mazil wrote:
and that was a great idea to use the symbols for letters :)

Not my idea ;P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:55 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

thanks mazil!

Quote:
Anyone like to rate my current av? :)

And/or my last av...

Hmm, the first one I like how it is askew, a clever idea. Though, the image is a little blurry. It probably needs to be a bit sharper.

The second one is sharper, and is also good. I like this one more. (btw, is that.. monoke, or am I completely off?)

The only problem with both is they don't seem to stand out as much as some other avatars around, especially the first one.

But they are both of good standard I would have to say.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next