Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 11:30 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Saving images as GIF but only can save as BMP..
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 2:03 am 

I'm trying to save an image as a GIF and i right click and go to save picture as and then i name it, but it only has a .bmp under the files. and if it put on the file name "name.gif" then the animation is gone. can anyone help me please?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:13 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

From the Av/Sig FAQ at the top of The Workshop:
Marissa wrote:
Someone made me an awesome graphic, but when I save it, it only lets me save it as a .BMP file!
Ah, that’s an annoying problem that generally only happens in MS Internet Explorer. The general consensus from most technical help places is to clear your Temporary Internet files (Tools > Internet Options. Under Temporary Internet Files, click Delete Files, then restart your browser.)

Clearing my temporary internet files makes my computer go nuts!
Yeah, for some reason, clearing those files is really tough on your computer. You may want to click Settings, then View Objects, and delete them manually. If not, I have a temporary solution for you, which is quite easy to do right here at PPT (And, ahem, no matter what anyone says, this clever temporary solution was of MY invention).
1. Get the URL of the image. Some graphics makers post the URL rather than the image to save space. If they did, skip to step 5. If they didn’t, Right Click the image, and choose Properties. In the small window that pops up, there will be a field called Address (URL), with an internet address next to it. That’s what you want. Highlight the address and copy it (Ctrl+C). Now you can close that window (Cancel and OK are both fine.)
2. Click to make a new message or reply. Paste the image URL in the message area.
3. Rather than clicking Submit, click Preview.
4. You will get a preview of your ‘message,’ the URL to the image.
5. Right click the link, and select Save Target As... And it should auotmatically save it in the proper file format!

Love is blindness. -- Set by my Secret Santa =D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:57 am 

ahh, thank you!! :)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]