Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 12:03 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Poem writing.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:54 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I need to write a poem for the yearbook and I don't know where to start. I've written poems before but, I can't think of something to write about.

In the past, I've written poems about the depressing side of life and what not but for some reason, I can't seem to write a good poem. I keep trying to listen to some music but it doesn't really help, can anyone give me some advice?

Set by Medli

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:06 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

You could write about the fun times you've had together and actually say some. Like "Blah blah when she did this and he said that". You could make it very humorous and include funny incidents with teachers and the like. Stuff that everyone would remember from that year.

It's coming...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:44 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Twinkle wrote:
You could write about the fun times you've had together and actually say some. Like "Blah blah when she did this and he said that". You could make it very humorous and include funny incidents with teachers and the like. Stuff that everyone would remember from that year.

Sorry for the late reply, I tried doing that but I couldn't. I ended up writing another depressing poem. If they don't use, I'll understand. Yearbooks are for happiness only.

Set by Medli

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 8:57 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Well, I have two techniques that help me out a lot.

1) I don't know if you like to use rhyme in your poetry, but I can't seem to do without it. It gives the poem a structure and pushes it ahead. Some people find rhyme difficult and frustrating, but it's a good friend of mine. :)

2) Go have a conversation with someone, anyone. Ask them to mention something that either scares/saddens them, or that makes them happy, depending on what sort of poem you'd like to write. Get as little information as possible. Then, write about it, letting your mind fill in the details. Maybe that's just a quirk of mine, but I love to write about other people's experiences.

Edit - 3) Listen to songs without lyrics (a.k.a. instrumentals). There are no lyrics to get in the way of your own words, and the music itself can often be quite inspirational.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]