An artistic oracle. Meet fellow creators and swap advice. Every skill you can imagine is on show.
Topic locked

Signature/Avatar Animation?

Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:04 am

This is pretty cool. I've seen it in a handful of PPT members' avatars and signatures.

My question is: What program is used for this? And how is it done?\

Thanks ^_^

Fri Oct 07, 2005 1:20 pm

I use ImageReady for mine, it comes with Photoshop. I know there is one that comes with Paint Shop Pro as well, Animation Shop I think it is called. I'm sure there are some free ones on the internet though.

Fri Oct 07, 2005 5:20 pm

Robert's right. Animation Shop.

I believe the GIMP also does animation, but don't quote me on that. Glad to see you're back, BTW. ^^

(Unless I've confused you with someone else. That has happened to me before)

Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:53 pm

I did use animation shop but it was a free trial that has now expired :(

ill probably buy it soon but yea thats a good one to use :)

Fri Oct 14, 2005 11:41 am

DM was on fire! wrote:Robert's right. Animation Shop.

I believe the GIMP also does animation, but don't quote me on that. Glad to see you're back, BTW. ^^

(Unless I've confused you with someone else. That has happened to me before)

I believe the GIMP does, but you have to download it seperately (it's called the GAP. Gimp Animation Package.).

I'm not entirely certain how it works, however.

(And Sorry DM, I *had* to quote you on that. ;) )

Sun Oct 16, 2005 11:00 pm

hmmmm I'm pretty sure just gimp does it- i could do it and I don't think I downloaded anything extra like GAP. Oh, and I believe Fireworks works to. :D

Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:32 am

Gimp can do basic animation like fading and blinking, but if you'd like something really slick like this, then you need the GAP. :)

Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:57 pm

Gimp can do some pretty complex animation (without the GAP). I don't know if it is easier or harder than other image programs but I did these two things last winter with Gimp.

Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:58 pm

Sorry to hijack the topic, but how do you do animation with GIMP? o_o

Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:10 pm

ummmmm, just make multiple layers, then when it asks you if you want to save it as animation or flatten the image u click animation. At least that is how my version of gimp is. If you have any questions u could pm me?

:D I used to have only gimp and I HATED it with a PASSION. But then I figured out how to do it and all the tricks... when I had figured that all out we finally got fireworks. so that was a total waste of my time but I know almost all the nooks and cranies of it now, so if u have questions, u know who the gimp expert is. :D I still <3 fireworks more though...

Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:16 pm

You can also use Pivot Stick Figure Animator which is completely free. You will have the to join the Pivot MSN group to get the Beta version which allows you to use images in your animations.
You can also use Macromedia Flash which is a 30 day free trial. This one is really great for art! ((Though not as good as programs like Photoshop))
Topic locked