An artistic oracle. Meet fellow creators and swap advice. Every skill you can imagine is on show.
Topic locked

Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:59 am

Seeing as i forgot to post my graphic last time, I'll post it now, to kepe the flow up.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v438/ ... per800.jpg

It's a wallpaper, which is why I didn't img tag it.

Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:44 am

moogie wrote:Seeing as i forgot to post my graphic last time, I'll post it now, to kepe the flow up.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v438/ ... per800.jpg

It's a wallpaper, which is why I didn't img tag it.

Wow, that's really cool. I like the fadeiness of it. Nice color scheme, too. Normally, I wouldn't like the combination of colors, but it works here.

My current set?

Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:47 pm

Your set is beautiful xD

--

After getting slammed about posting this on the wrong board... Here I go:

I spent a few minutes on this set. What do you think? My favorite faerie is the space faerie, if you would notice xD

Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:00 am

Wow how pretty...

Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:44 am

Dylan wrote:After getting slammed about posting this on the wrong board... Here I go:

I spent a few minutes on this set. What do you think? My favorite faerie is the space faerie, if you would notice xD

Image Image

I like it. I like the composition of the sig - it's not crammed full of details without feeling too empty. The scanlines are a bit strong, and i would have deleted them over where the space faerie is to focus the attention on her - at the moment it kind of pushes her into the background, something like this:
Then i'd do the same on the av so that the scanlines dont cover her.

~~~

If anyone fancies it, rating on my current set?

Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:23 am

Rachel, I love your set. Very springy...pulled/based those images from Peter Cottontail or Velveteen Rabbit, didja?

I like the focus on a singular rabbit/daffodil on the avatar especially.

New set!

It's visible wrapped around this post.

Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:12 am

Rachel: Nice work with the set. I love the image btw, the overall set gives me the warm fuzzy feeling when I look at it. The enlarged version of the cute bunny looks a little pixelated though, but there's nothing anyone could do about it. The main text font on the signature is nice, may I ask what the font is?

Ratings for my current set?
Last edited by SlayerFan on Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:57 am

SlayerFan wrote:Rachel: Nice work with the set. I love the image btw, the overall set gives me the warm fuzzy feeling when I look at it. The enlarged version of the cute bunny looks a little pixelated though, but there's nothing anyone could do about it. The main text font on the signature is nice, may I ask what the font is?

Ratings for my current set? I took the picture by myself from a trip to perth australia and decided it'd make a nice image for a set.

The font is "Jane Austin". it can be downloaded from dafont.com

Sun May 20, 2007 8:25 am

slayerfan your set is nice, I like the orange you've used, and I like how it looks as though the fish in the sig are looking at the boy in the av, it creates a nice feel. And you've left it simple, you haven't crammed it full with text or colour etc.

Can someone please rate mine? It's the first set i've made with this graphic program, and I think it's ok nothing great though.

Re: Ratings

Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:41 pm

Laryxle - I like yours, its very good if its the first one you made in that program. A couple of things I noticed though - the avatar is just a little blurry, and the sig is quite dark, but other than that, I think that the font goes well with the images.

Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:22 pm

I really like the colour palette Laryxle, and how soft the image is. The texture from the diagonal lines is a nice touch. :)

And I hadn't planned to, but I made a new set tonight. I am not happy with the avatar right now, but you can tell me what you think of the signature xD

Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:14 pm

I'm not sure if this counts as a 'graphic', but there you go :)
I did some art:

What do you guys think (It was done on paint)
Topic locked