Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 1:35 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Hacky Sack/Footbag Making?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:00 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Does anyone know how to make these? I don't want to use leather as I'd have to go out and buy it, is there any way I could make one with household objects?

set by whhattisthiss. Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 4:52 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Take a balloon that is the size you want your thing and fill it with beans, sand, or whatever you want realy. To get a good light hackysack you should probably go with beans and if you want a stress ball type thing use sand. Once you fill it with the desired ammount tie off the end and cut off the little stubby thing but make usre you leave the knot so it stays togeather. Take another balloon and cut off the skinny part. Put that over the first in the opposite direction to it hides the knot. There ya go.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 11:28 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I use rice or sand (or a mix of both) for mine. If I can be bothered I'll use some scrap fabris and sew a little case together, otherwise I'll use a balloon, or even wrap it up in duct tape. Easy peasy.

Mas mothaionn tu fein mar rud eigin caite ar an dtra...
Lig dom goideail an croi duit...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:39 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Breene wrote:
Take a balloon that is the size you want your thing and fill it with beans, sand, or whatever you want realy. To get a good light hackysack you should probably go with beans and if you want a stress ball type thing use sand. Once you fill it with the desired ammount tie off the end and cut off the little stubby thing but make usre you leave the knot so it stays togeather. Take another balloon and cut off the skinny part. Put that over the first in the opposite direction to it hides the knot. There ya go.

Oh my god, that sounds so simple, and yet i could never think of such a thing! It's genius like this that can think of the simple things in life. I'm going to try and make one myself. :D

======================================

:P Help support the NeoDex!!! :P

======================================

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:52 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Some of my friends are massively into hacky sacking, and one of them got into making his own hacky sacks. He got the patterns from a website... I'll have to ask him for the address, because it was pretty good... but I found a similar page with instructions and a pattern for a 4-panel hacky sack: http://www.valinet.com/~dbotkin/sew.html

They also briefly mention how to do 12- and 32-panel sacks, which I've heard are better for hacking with (the more panels there are, the rounder the sack tends to be - ie. easier to control).

Two tips - the "weak point" of my friend's hacky sack was the stitching, it came undone after a few weeks! I'm not sure how you'd get that stronger though. You also need to use a good strong fabric/leather, since it's going to have a lot of wear and tear. For that reason I probably wouldn't recommend a balloon - that'd be okay for juggling, but shoes are a lot more solid than hands!

Edit: Meep, sorry! I only just noticed that you said you didn't really want to buy leather :( I guess it might be a bit expensive... but you might be able to find a cheap jacket made of strong material (leather or otherwise) at an op shop or something?

Nyum nyum nyum...

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]