Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 12:31 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Help ME! My muse is on strike and I need an idea!
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 2:36 am 
PPT God
PPT God

So last year I decided that I want to enter a piece of art into the state fair this year and I just can't think of any ideas that I want to do!

First idea I had was like a fantasy parade, but it would be too much for me to do. I still like the idea and want to do it one day.. but considering that I can't draw animals & other things very well.. I wouldn't be able to draw the picture I see in my head.

2nd idea I had was a mermaid swimming with those big fat goldfish. Lots of white, black and red-orange, BUT I saw that another artist had something sorta similar. Their mermaid had it's hair turning into koi. Even though my idea is somewhat different, it's still too similar to the other piece so I don't want to do it anymore.

Anyways.. blah blah blah... I really need help thinking of something I could do. Something that's going to 'pop'. It's like all of the other ideas I have are just too mundane. I just need help jump starting an idea for a pic. Suggestions on the theme, mood, colors, what the chars should be, etc etc..

I know I want the picture to be fantasy based.
Not too complicated.
I'm decent with drawing humanoids (mainly females).. so that would be a good central sorta figure. Animals would be alright as well so long as I could find some good reference pics.

And yeah... lol that's all I can think of :P

So any help would be appreciated!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 2:52 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I think the mermaid idea's pretty cool! How about a mermaid in a fish tank ... at first glance it looks just like a "normal" mermaid but when you look closer you realise there are fish tank things around her - like those little plastic castles and fake divers, etc :)

Edit: I just google image searched "koi mermaid" out of interest, and found this lovely painting! http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/art/j/i/j ... d.jpg.html (slightly off topic, but thought it could be inspirational)

Nyum nyum nyum...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 3:45 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Oh yeah, I remember seeing that picture. Very pretty.

This was the pic I was talking about in my OP.... woops.. thought it was koi.. guess it's just regular goldfish
http://www.sarasotaemporium.com/mermaidandfish.jpg

mermaid in a fish tank is a cute idea heh

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]