Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 9:25 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Help with 2 questions
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:30 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Watching little birds fly kamikaze missions into the walls.
I have 2 questions, unrelated to eachother except for the fact that both questions use Adobe Photoshop 7.

1. When I create a new canvas to work with, I get a "01" in the upper left corner along with a tiny little graphic, and I can't for the life of me remember how to get rid of it. It's difficult to place text when that is in the way. Here's a screenie of what I'm talking about:

2. What is the best way to cut out images? If I have the image below, and I just want Brian (the dog), how would you cut him out of the image?

Image example:

Thanks for any and all help!

It was an honor serving you PPT. I will miss you.
Click here to join my new werewolf forum!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:47 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

If I had to cut out brian, i'd probably lasoo around him and then erase the edges of the image down to make it a clean cut. But since i'm not a photoshop god like some people here, there might be an easier way.

Evisceration is a sign of respect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:24 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Location: Faster than a speeding IM! Stronger than an ox on steroids! Pinker than a bottle of Pepto-Bismol!
To get rid of the H1, hold Control and press H :)

Hold onto your seats people... the SL is back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:55 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

1. Hehe, I've had problems with this one too. "01" is a slice number. To get rid of it quickly you can press Ctrl+H. But that will just hide it temporarily, so a better way is to go to "View" > "Show" and then unselect "Slices" (I think).

2. I tend to use "layer masks" to get rid of image backgrounds. It's a bit complicated to understand at first, but once you do, it is the easiest way! It means you can "paint" out the bits of the image that you don't want using almost whatever tool you want (brush, lasso + brush, pen tool, etc), and can let you do all kinds of spiffy effects.

Um, after doing a quick google search for "photoshop layer mask tutorial", this one seems pretty good: http://www.lunacore.com/photoshop/tutorials/tut003.htm

You can probably skip to the second half if you want, that really shows masks in action, which is the best way of explaining them :)

Nyum nyum nyum...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:57 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

i agree with masking - although i use psp. you can always change your mind if you're masking, you dont have to worry about deleting part of the image you want to keep by accident.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]