An artistic oracle. Meet fellow creators and swap advice. Every skill you can imagine is on show.
Topic locked

To colour or not to colour?

Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:09 am

Well, I've recently drawn my Peophin, and I don't know whether to colour it and risk spoiling it, or leave it as it is in black and white. The images:
Drawing:
The original image:

Sorry about the bad quality camera. Thanks in advance.
PS: If I should colour, what should I use?

Re: To colour or not to colour?

Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:36 am

You can always copy it and then color the copy so you won't ruin the original. Or take tracing paper and trace it. Maybe you should ink it for solid lines then copy?

Hmm...as for colors, I would go with something Christmas-y. White or crimson red?

Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:36 pm

Hmm. I'll probably trace it. Thanks for the advice, Zilary. I never thought of that.

Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:10 am

I would copy it first, for sure!

What are you going to use it for? I mean, are you going to put it on neopets?

Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:04 pm

Hmm.. I might do. But I was just bored one day and decided to draw it. I've painted a faerie shoyru and an asparagus chia as well :D

Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:02 pm

Helena wrote:Hmm.. I might do. But I was just bored one day and decided to draw it. I've painted a faerie shoyru and an asparagus chia as well :D

"When you're mixing the purple for a faerie shoyru, be VERY careful, its a really hard purple to get!!" or something like that...hah *is wanting to see said faerie shoyru*

Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:03 pm

thesockoverlord wrote:
Helena wrote:Hmm.. I might do. But I was just bored one day and decided to draw it. I've painted a faerie shoyru and an asparagus chia as well :D

"When you're mixing the purple for a faerie shoyru, be VERY careful, its a really hard purple to get!!" or something like that...hah *is wanting to see said faerie shoyru*

Well, it IS! Seriously, I've run out of white paint thanks to that thing @_@
http://i26.tinypic.com/wrjgr5.jpg
Um... yah ^_^

Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:07 pm

Do a transfer of the image (if you don't know how to do that I can walk you through it) and then color the transfer...
that way you still have the original and it's fine and safe, but you can experiment with colors!

or even easier, since you scanned it into your compy, clean it up with photoshop so it's just the pencil lines, and color it there!

Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:04 pm

thesockoverlord wrote:

*is wanting to see said asparagus chia*
Topic locked