Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:31 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Graphics Mentoring
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:57 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Watching little birds fly kamikaze missions into the walls.
Welcome to the newest addition to the Tutorials and Advice board!

We have some wonderful graphicians at this forum and many people who would like to learn how to improve their graphics skills. This is the place to sign up for help!

How does this work?

Great question! There are a couple of steps in this process.

1. If you are interested in receiving help with learning to make graphics, you will fill out the application form below and add your post to this topic.
2. Any of our current graphicians listed below can post on this thread stating who they will help, after looking over applications.
3. Once an application has been accepted by a listed graphician, that graphician will make a thread in this board titled "Graphic Mentoring" followed by the name of the person they are helping.

What does the application form look like, and what information do I need to fill it out correctly?

The application form is as follows:

Code:
[b]Type of Graphic I Would Like to Make:[/b]
[b]Images I Would Like to Use:[/b]
[b]Program I Use:[/b]
[b]Examples of Previous Work[/b]

"Type of Graphic I Would Like to Make" - Please state what you are interested in pursuing, whether it be a set, a Live Journal icon, a wallpaper, or something different. Also, if you have a set of dimensions you would like to use, please indicate that here. For example, if you want to make a signature for PPT, your signature has to be less than 400x100 pixels.

"Images I Would Like to Use" - Please provide links to the images you would like to use. Try to find images that are high quality as they are easier to work with.

"Program I Use" - Exactly what it sounds like. Please put what graphics program you use, whether it is GIMP, Microsoft Paint, CS 3, PS7, or something different.

"Examples of Previous Work" - If you have ever attempted to make graphics before, please provide an example or two so that the listed graphicians can determine your skill level. If you have never made graphics before, please indicate that here.

Who are the current graphicians?

The current graphicians are: Bangel, DM was on fire!, and Kitten Medli

This list will be updated periodically as people will come and go depending on personal lives. If anyone is interested in becoming a graphics mentor, please send a PM to Rachel and include a few examples of your work.

Is there a limit to how many times I can request help?

Currently there is not, but if the graphicians start to feel overwhelmed in any way, limitations may be put up.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to PM Rachel. Good luck with improving your graphics skills!

It was an honor serving you PPT. I will miss you.
Click here to join my new werewolf forum!

Last edited by May on Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Graphics Mentoring
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:29 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I'm surprised this topic hasn't seen any attention yet. Let's try to get the ball rolling, shall we?

I would love some graphic tutoring from someone!

Type of Graphic I Would Like to Make: I am looking to make a set or just a signature (within PPT limits)

Images I Would Like to Use: I would like to use this or this, though I prefer the first.

Program I Use: I have a trial version of Adobe CS3, though I could be persuaded to try GIMP if it's Mac compatible.

Examples of Previous Work: Example 1, Example 2, and Example 3

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:33 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

uh, not sure if I should reply to you here exactly as I am not a graphician, but I want to give this board some love... :oops:
with your first image, you can do a crop (rectangle select, crop to selection). I suggest you get her head in the leftmost side, with her left arm on the bottom, so she frames your text/name/whatever nicely. Then just resize to your needs. Viola, a sig. hope this helps.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:26 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Let's try this again shall we, seeing as I have a new imaging program that I need some help learning about.

Also, *pokes first post*

Type of Graphic I Would Like to Make: I am looking to make a set or just a signature (within PPT limits)

Images I Would Like to Use: I would like to use this or this, though I prefer the first.

Program I Use: GIMP, though I don't know my way around it well at all, hence why I'm looking for some help.

Examples of Previous Work: Example 1, Example 2, and Example 3

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:49 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

First post updated :)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]