Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:12 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Er...perspective help?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:07 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

http://pics.livejournal.com/starrypop/pic/00003ssf

So, I'm working on this background as part of a very top-secret project *cough*PPTMAC*cough*, and I seem to have encountered a really stupid problem.

See, I'm aware that the view through the arched walkway, being where it is, should not lead through to open sky. There should be more sidewalk, or wall, or something. However, when I attempt to put some such thing on the other side of the door, it comes out looking incredibly...er...off. I have the feeling I'm missing something - so, what should the view through the arch be exactly? Any help?

And yes, I'm aware the whole pic is pretty bad. I'm a writer, not an artist. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:35 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Well it can be whatever you want it to be. What would you like back there? The real trick to perspective is that you have to make things in the foreground bigger and things in the background smaller. For instance if you were to put another horizontal hallway behind the arch, you would need to draw a horizonal line to devide the floor from the wall a little bit above where the arch ends so that the picture has the depth required to indicate that there is a hallway back there.

I pulled up some pictures on google. Maybe these can help you?

Oh and I also found this site which explains how to draw perspective (this is how I learned when I was in middle school). http://www.sackville.ednet.ns.ca/art/gr ... tive3.html

I'm finally back for the summer, although hopefully I'll spend a little more time away from this screen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 8:02 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Okay, here's my suggestion. Coming straight of the end of the arch walkway, where the sky begins, should be a pathway. It must slowly become narrower and narrower until it fades completely. Surrounding the pathway should be grass/flowers, whatever you want around it.

If you'd like, I can draw some sketchy looking lines to demonstraight how you could put a pathway. But if you don't want a pathway, you need some sort of grass or landscaped feature fading, which can be done using a gradient. Using something other than a solid color is key.

I hope that made sense. ;) But since I can be bad at explaining things, it probably doesn't.

Gone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:26 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Also a suggestion. Your line on the left side of your walkway through the arch is a bit to vertical. It should "connect" to a point on your horizon line. One of the major keys to perspective is that all lines that are not vertical lead to points on the horizon.

Image ImageImage
Set me. Proud owner of a very hyper Australian Shepherd.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]