For Neopets ONLY discussion.
Topic locked

Sun May 30, 2004 4:03 pm

spacecase33 wrote:I'm not too crazy about the face of the new Koi, but I like the fins a lot. They look just like my Beta fish. They also look like they could be a fancy goldfish too, I suppose. Overall, I'd say it was a change for the better. I really like the spotted Koi.

Hmmm...not quite sure what a "beta" fish looks like (nor an alpha fish, a gamma fish, or a delta fish for that matter). But IMO, the new koi looks nothing like the 35 or so betta splendens I currently own....other than that the new koi can also be blue, red, green, yellow, etc. ;) I can't wait to see how the rest of the koi that haven't been revamped yet turn out.

Sun May 30, 2004 4:04 pm

I'm probably alone in this, but I can't stand the new koi. It looks all cartoonish and freaky, like some mutant fish. If it didn't had that weird look on its face it might be better, but the old koi just looked so much tougher than the new one.

Sun May 30, 2004 4:17 pm

im really like the new look, im looking forward to seeing the rest of the colors get redone, all of them look great so far.

Sun May 30, 2004 4:20 pm

I like it better now that it doesnt look so...I dont know...square, or boxy, or ....I don't know, rough, its not very much of a good description, but I like it.

Sun May 30, 2004 4:35 pm

I love it!! Now it actually looks like a fish!!! XD

Sun May 30, 2004 4:41 pm

I'm not exactly in love with the new one, but I definitely think that it's a change for the better from the old one. Much more of an elegant style, and I love the flowing lines of the fins.

Sun May 30, 2004 4:43 pm

I love it! I actually want one now. I love the attention to detail on the spotted one. Like someone else said, it looks like a real koi (goldfish).

Sun May 30, 2004 5:09 pm

I love them! But they adopt waek. Oh well, after my main pet gets stronger, I'm gunna morph it into a koi.

Sun May 30, 2004 5:41 pm

I rather disliked the old koi (it looked like it had an attitude problem, even in the "happy" pose :?), but this one is actually quite nice, and very well-drawn. I like how the fins are translucent. :)

Sun May 30, 2004 5:59 pm

You aren't alone, amarise; there are quite a few in my guild who don't like it. I'm not among them, though.

I think it's the best revamping -- with the Yurble, I suppose I should call this the best new or revamped pet -- TNT has done in a long time.

As my wife says, now it looks like a real fighting fish.

It's not my favorite pet, but it is good-looking. Especially the spotted.

Sun May 30, 2004 6:04 pm

I love the new Koi. Well their face looks sort of weird, but I hated the old Koi. I really liked the old old Koi; they were cute! I don't know why they took them out but this is what they look like:
(Couldn't find a better pic on Neopets, sorry.)

Just for reference, the old Koi:

http://www.neopets.com/petinfo.phtml?type=Koi (They havn't changed this yet..)

Sun May 30, 2004 6:22 pm

Ooh...This new Koi is really a wonderful revamp! Alot more better than the old one :D More life-like, beautiful....I especially like the Spotted Koi! Can't wait for the other colours to come out! :P

Sun May 30, 2004 6:57 pm

wow! I love the new design! the spotted and striped in particular. i may well have to get a striped one and replace my chia with it!

Sun May 30, 2004 7:46 pm

I wish they had just made a new pet instead of making such a drastic change. I love the look of the new koi, especially the striped one. It is *so* pretty. I don't like that they now have this one instead of the other one, though. I have a good friend whose favorite pet was the koi. He had a koi gallery and everything. Now that they changed it, he doesn't like them anymore. I think the old koi had it's own personality. Too many of the pets are being remade "cutesy". -.-

Sun May 30, 2004 7:50 pm

Looks weird...just weird O.o
The old koi wasn't that bad, but since I don't own a koi, this change doesn't really affect me.
Topic locked