Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:03 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: New Features in Neopia
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2023 7:59 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I don't have time to dive into it, but I did just check and couldn't find Kiko Pop. Is that back?

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2023 8:14 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

They haven't applied the Ruffle fix to dailies yet, and I believe they consider Kiko Pop a daily. Hopefully soon? It and Lunar Temple and Expellibox are still non functional in the traditional way. Lunar Temple you can always guess, and Expellibox has the direct link option (like Coconut Shy).

I'm not sure if Kiko Pop uses the ActionScript 3 thing or not - it might, which would mean it won't work until Ruffle gets that working (which they're supposedly getting close to, from what I'm seeing?).

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2023 9:49 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I'm pretty sure you can still use the page source info to get the Kreludor angle and get the right answer on lunar temple, but I definitely just guess every day!

Hopefully soon...

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 1:49 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I didn't know the bit about the page source. Heh. That's interesting.

Apparently, they're on a roll. A new Beta Release Update came out today. In spoilers for space.
Beta V0.5.14

2023-07-26
What's New
Ruffle Integration is Here!

So guess what? We've magically integrated Ruffle technology into Neopets! Now you can relive some of our Flash games from the past. Isn't that just fantastic? If you have any questions about how it all works - Ruffle Integration FAQ
Tutorial Conversion

We've finally tackled the first part of the Tutorial Conversion with an update to the sign-up launch page! You know, because we really love holding your hand through every little step. Don't worry. There's more to come!
Community Central Updates

Brace yourselves for the shiny new Community Central Updates. We spruced it up to make it extra fancy and put the calendar back in! You're welcome!
Spotlights & Contests Page Conversion

Spotlights just got a whole lot better looking. We've given them a design update that'll make your eyes pop. Prepare to be dazzled. Check it out here!
Inventory Improvements

The Inventory Update has arrived! We’ve given you a shiny new toolbar to navigate your spaces, and brand new toggle to unstack your items!
Pet Central Page Conversion

You asked for it, and we delivered. The Pet Central page has undergone a fabulous conversion. It's all shiny and new, ready to cater to your pet-loving needs.
Pronunciation Page Conversion

Have you been struggling to pronounce the names of your favorite Neopets and Heroes? Well struggle no more, because we've brought back the pronunciation page!
Neopian Times Submission Rule Change

We updated the NT Submissions Page rules with a brand new rule regarding collaborations. Because, you know, rules make the world go 'round. So get your submissions in order!
Neopia Globe Update

We've waved our magic wand and transformed the Neopia Globe Map. It's like a whole new world, or should we say, a whole new Neopia? Take a full spin and explore!
Bug Fixes

Fixed multiple occurrences of 403 errors reported by users throughout the site.
Resolved a glitch in the Battle Dome where the user's move set was sent to the opponent when selecting the "Fight" button.
Temporarily fixed an issue with petpetpets not attaching properly when using the inventory refresh function.
Addressed a problem where wings could not be attached to 8bit bodies in the Wearable customization option.
Restored the back button missing from the closed state of the Tombola game.
Corrected a bug where clicking on a premium featured game would lead to a broken link.
Implemented a fix to prevent infinite neopoint gain through the exploitation of turning in maps (Forgotten Shore) if maps are found cheaply.
Investigated and followed up on treasure claiming reports for proper resolution.
Fixed logic issues in the Treasure Map map turn-in process, ensuring that owned maps are respected.
Optimized the status check for Trudy's daily to prevent 1-minute selects and system failure.
Resolved an issue related to the sending Gift Boxes.
Fixed an issue where the "Drackonack - Hungry" avatar was not being awarded when viewing the new inventory.
Adjusted the NC Archive wheel wedge placement to align correctly with the wheeled container.
Rectified the problem where the Spotlight Description and Category were not appearing for some user lookup entries.
Corrected the display issue of yesterday's team results image in the Altador Cup when viewed on iOS devices.
Added the missing link to Moltara in the world map, ensuring it is now accessible.
Fixed a bug in the NC Collector's case where items could not be clicked if the specific item was not present in the user's inventory.
Resolved an issue that prevented users from voting on previous categories in the Neopies NP 2023 when they had voted on the Final category.
Investigated and resolved the issue with multiple items in the Permanent Dyeworks 2023, ensuring they now appear on pets when equipped in customization.
Fixed the appearance and conversion of the Silver Candle Tree Foreground on pets in the customization window.
Corrected spacing and capitalization issues on "The Brain Tree" webpage.
Updated the AC Staff Tournament page to prevent users from using the UI Drop/Add player without selecting Change Team.
Fixed the redirection issue when leaving The Caves in Moltara, ensuring users are directed to Moltara City instead of the Explore page.
Resolved the redirection problem when leaving The Coffee Cave in Roo Island, directing users to Roo Island instead of the Explore page.
Fixed the search functionality to return results without adding a backslash in front of username underscores.
Fixed the input validation to prevent errors caused by typing too fast, ensuring accurate entry of numbers in the authenticator code text boxes.
Allowed movement of the Varia Plushie to the shop or gallery as intended.
Resolved the error message received when turning in certain treasure maps and receiving prizes.

What's Next

Settings Page Conversion
Faerie Festival
Advent Calendar
A New Plot

I am LOVING the inventory update. Links that were missing are back in an orderly fashion and you can now choose to unstack the items you have multiples of. The latter may seem like a little detail, but I'm really glad to see it, as the last couple times I've gotten any of the Grams, it's been a pain to figure out which have the bonus and which don't without moving them all sorts of places (SDB, Gallery) to sort them out. But the links being back - no longer have to either have a bookmark or go to your shop to see them anymore, woot!

Also this one: Fixed the search functionality to return results without adding a backslash in front of username underscores.
That may seem like a little thing, but it was a PITA when trying to help my kiddos get to a shop for a faerie quest so they could go buy the item they needed. BLP had figured out a workaround (going to my shop and then substituting the username in the URL), but still.

The news today also has a list of now working games:
Curious about which games are now functional in the Gamesroom? See if you can find your favourites in this list:

Attack of the Revenge
Biscuit Brigade: Hagans Last Stand
Carnival of Terror
Caves and Corridors: Mystery Island
Chemistry for Beginners
Chia Bomber 2
Crisis Courier
Dar-BLAT!!!
Defender Trainer
Dubloon Disaster
Evil Fuzzles from Beyond the Stars
Eye of The Storm
Faerie Bubbles
Faerie Caves II - Fyora’s Quest
Faerie Cloud Racers
Fashion Fever
Feed Florg
Flycatcher
Freaky Factory
gadgadsgame
Ghost Bopper
Goparokko
Grand Theft Ummagine
Gwyl’s Great Escape
Hasee Bounce
Hungry Skeith
Ice Cream Machine
Igloo Garage Sale - The Game
Imperial Exam
Itchy Invasion
Jolly Jugglers
Jubble Bubble
Kass Basher
Kiko Match II
Kou-jong
Kreludor Escape
Magax II
Magma Blaster
Maraqua Raiders
Marbleman Attack
Maths Nightmare
Meepit Juice Break
Meepit vs. Feepit
Meerca Chase II
Mootix Drop
Mop ‘n’ Bop
Mynci Beach Volleyball
National Neopian
NC Race (AD)
Nimmos Pond
Petpet Cannonball
Petpet Rescue
Piper Panic
Princess Lunara
Pterattack
Qasalan Caper
Revel Roundup
Rink Runner
Roodoku
Ruins Rampage
Shenkuu Warrior I
Smug Bug Smite
Snackrifice
Snowball Fight
Snowmuncher
Sophie’s Stew
Space Fungus
Spell-Or-Starve
Splat-A-Sloth
Stowaway Sting
Sutek’s Tomb
Swarm: The Bugs
Techo Says
The Buzzer Game
The Castle of Eliv Thade
Time Tunnel
TNT Smasher
Toy Box Escape
Tug O War
Turmac Roll
Typing Terror
Tyrannian Golf
Ugga Smash
Usuki Frenzy
Usul Suspects
Warf Rescue
Web of Vernax
Wocky Wobble
Word Poker
Word Pyramid
It appears to me that even the old games room link has cleared the links to any games not on that list (I think? I just noticed that a lot of games have disappeared and they seem to be ones on the list). You can still get to games that aren't "functional" if you know the direct link, though.

Oh, and then there was this:
Quote:
A quick technical update:
Yesterday (7/25), we were the target of a DDoS attack. The issue is currently being resolved, but certain users may be experiencing temporary soft-bans as an indirect result. We are working diligently on this, and apologize for any inconvenience. Thanks Neopians!

So I guess that's why we're seeing more of the security checks yesterday and today.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 7:31 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
Ditto YAY on the inventory update!
+1 for Links added! I spent much too much time trying to find stuff
+1 Unstack. Not a little detail for me. This is great.

I saw people on Reddit yesterday freaking out about the security checks. This has been in place for years. But, the font has changed and it takes a moment longer to load the page.

For my "Fix-it wishlist", I would love to see the "Trudy's Surprise Trudy's Surprise has reset and is waiting for you" notification go away when you spin. It used to do so. Now it is a "forever" thing unless you take the time to manually remove the notification. I do not.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 7:01 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I switched browsers off Palemoon (somewhat reluctantly, as I did have Flash installed there and it's allowed me to do pretty much whatever just not submit scores on games, although there is apparently a work around for this but I don't like installing random scripts, etc so I haven't used it) and installed the Ruffle add-on from the official browser store to be able to do dailies. All of them work except Kiko Pop. I'm guessing it's ActionScript 3 at this point. We installed Ruffle for the kiddos, and the younger two are now enjoying going through the Altador Mini-plot, since neither of them had accounts before things went kaput last year in the HTTPS switchover.

There is a helpful player who is in the process of putting together a petpage of All Games and listing if they're working or not, and if they're ActionScript 3 or not, has an avatar, etc. The page has links to all of the individual games as well, AND the mirrors, if they exist. Some mirrors are working while the originals are not! Just remember - you can only send scores on ONE VERSION of each game each day. So...if you send on the mirror, don't send on the regular, or vice-versa....and this applies to the HTML5 versions as well. So don't go send scores on Fashion Fever on the Ruffle version then the HTML5 version, too.

High score tables are back to being reasonably high scores again. I know it's end of the month, but it's definitely seen a jump. I mean, not like I've been watching the high scores for the last year or so, but it's interesting to see them filling up for a change again!

At any rate, I can't wait to see what's up next! Some people are asking for DD/GMC to come back, now that a fair number of games are working again, others are asking for a Charity Corner event. I know there's some other bugs that TNT might be able to squash pretty quickly - like fixing the coding for Grumpy Old King to give out the charm, or getting R100s to actually show up in shops again. I suppose we'll see what happens!

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2023 7:20 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Aaaaaand yet another beta release came out today!

Mostly changes to the preferences, settings, etc. Several things have been moved around. The coolest thing is that now when you change your avatar, you can actually SEE them all instead of having a name-only drop down list!
In spoilers due to length...also, formatting is messy as they have some nice bullets, etc, in the actual release notes.
Beta V0.5.15
2023-08-09

What's New
A New Settings Page
It's finally here! The update that you didn't know you wanted! We've converted our "Preferences" pages to a new "Settings" area! We've moved a few things around, condensed some things, and even included Neoboard Settings as well! All of the previous versions of these pages should now redirect to the appropriate new area.

To assist you with adjusting to this new development, here is a small guide to help you find what you're looking for!

The following settings have been moved from "Site Preferences" (/preferences.phtml) to "General" Settings:
Block Trudy's Surprise
Block Battledome Challenges
Block Guild Invitations (Under 'Guilds' Section)
Enable Guild Mailings (Under 'Guilds' Section, now called 'Guild Mail')
Block Neofriend Requests (Under 'Neofriends' Section)
Only Neofriends Can Contact (Under 'Neomail' Section, now called 'Friends Only Neomail')
Only Neofriends Can Give You Items (Under 'Neofriends' Section, now called 'NP Item Gifting')
Plain Text Neomail (Under 'Neomail' Section)
Block User-to-User Neopet Transfers (Now called 'Block Neopet Transfers')
Closet Limit
Block Neopet Transfers
Flash Game Challenges (Now called 'Games Room Challenges')
Theme (Now called 'Classic Site Theme')
Beta Theme (Now called 'Site Theme')
The following settings have been moved from "Site Preferences" (/preferences.phtml) to "Privacy & Security" Settings:
Login Birthday Prompt (Under 'Security' Section)
Stealth Mode
User Status (Now called 'Online Status')
Displaying Your Age
Displaying Your Journal (Premium only Setting)
The following settings have been removed from use:
Site Bandwidth
Remove Social Networking Buttons
Skip Support Site Logout
The following settings have been moved from "My Profile" (/userinfo.phtml) to "Account" Settings:
First Name
US State
Zip/Postal Code
Password Change
The following settings have been moved from "My Profile" (/userinfo.phtml) to "Profile" Settings:
Interests
About Me
All of the settings that were found in "Email Preferences" (/email_pref.phtml) can now be found in "Email" Settings
"Change Your Email" (/email_change.phtml) can now be found in "Email" Settings (Email change links should also now direct to this area.)
"PIN Preferences" (/pin_prefs.phtml) can now be found in "Privacy & Security" Settings, under the 'Security' section.
"2-Factor Authentication" (/prefs_2fa.phtml) can now be found in "Account" Settings
All settings under "Neoboard Preferences" (/neoboards/preferences.phtml) can now be found in "Neoboards" Settings.
Our Abuse Report Form has also been relocated and can now be found in "Privacy & Security" Settings.
We have also taken the liberty of relocating some of our informative pages around the site:
Our Privacy Policy (/privacy.phtml) can now be found in "Privacy & Security" Settings
The "Safety Tips" section of the Chat Rules page (/chatrules.phtml) can now be found in "Privacy & Security" Settings (Under 'Safety & Privacy Tips')
Our Account Security page (/security.phtml) can now be found in "Privacy & Security" Settings
The "Wall of Shame" (/wallofshame.phtml) can now be found in "Privacy & Security" (Under 'Safety & Privacy Tips')
Our About Us page (/aboutus.phtml) can now be found in "About" Settings (and yes, the avatar still works!)
The "Rules & Guidelines" and "Disciplinary Actions" sections of the Chat Rules page (/chatrules.phtml) can now be found in "About" Settings
Our Terms of Use (/terms.phtml) can now be found in "About" Settings"
Our Ad Choices information (/adchoices.phtml) can now be found in "About" Settings
IMPORTANT NOTE: This update has been in the works for a long while, but with our recent change in leadership, we have been working on reimagining some of these settings options, and there may be additional changes coming in the near future! We apologize for breaking your neck with continual reorganization, but we didn't want to hold back this update any longer! Thank you for your patience!

Account Activation Notice
A much smaller, but still valuable update - we have finally added the Account Activation Notice to our converted pages! Now newly created accounts will get the annoying fun reminder on every page!

Bug Fixes
Multiple fixes on the new Neopets Homepage
Multiple Wearable fixes on multiple items
Password Reset has been updated to solve the 'unknown error' issue
Premium lapse now properly directs users to select their Idle Pets
Known Issues
There is no convenient link to the 'Smilies' page of the former Neoboard Preferences.
PayPal purchases are currently experiencing error screen when completing purchase, rather than a receipt.
What's Next
Faerie Festival
Advent Calendar
A New Plot

I should add that an unannounced fix happened a couple days ago, where the Meteor Crash Site was finally fixed, as well as the Money Tree (which wasn't clearing every night and had over 1.5 *MILLION* items backed up in it) and the issue with collecting items from the Second-Hand Shoppe.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2023 12:52 am 
Administrator
Administrator

I have to say that in general, I like the updated settings page. It is a lot more intuitive.

However, I will now grumble about the change to the avatar choice... The drop-down menu would list all of my avatars in the order I earned them, so I could easily just select the bottom-most avatar (i.e. use the most recent). The new version shows all of the avatars (nice), but they are not in any particular order, or at least no longer in order earned. I do not like it Sam.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2023 6:54 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Blue, they are actually still in order. You have to get through the defaults list, and then once you get to secret avatars portion of the list, they're in order that you earned them. At least, mine are. :)

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2023 8:20 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Pickles wrote:
Blue, they are actually still in order. You have to get through the defaults list, and then once you get to secret avatars portion of the list, they're in order that you earned them. At least, mine are. :)

Hmm... I stand corrected. They are. I guess that I am a few avatars behind in updating them. Ugh. I need a nap.

Glad I was wrong... I like it Sam. I will eat the green eggs and ham!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:57 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Fri Aug 18, 2023 2:08 pm:
Heads up:

TNT Neoboard wrote:
ATTENTION NEOPIANS!

Neopets.com will be experiencing scheduled maintenance between 8AM-9AM NST on Monday 8/21/23.

During this time, there will be some light service outages. We'll update you as any further development is needed. Thanks for your patience!

ETA:
Sometime recently (within the past week? Maybe few days?) the ruffle extension had an update and now more games work, including ActionScript3 games like Brucey B Slots, Black Pawkeet Slots, Barf Boat, etc. Some are still...obviously suffering (Cave Glider is VERY hard to play), but it was a pretty big update. I haven't checked through all the ones that weren't previously working, but I know my kiddos got all excited about some games working again and others that were partially working now allowing them to send scores again (I believe Wheeler's Wild Ride fell in the latter category). Can't wait for it to be considered "stable" and for TNT to incorporate it into the main site!

But in the meantime, everyone with the extension can play another chunk of games!

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:17 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Brucey B Slots :o

Nice. That is a fun moneywaster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2023 12:13 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Blue wrote:

It is, indeed. Also very mindless. It's so jarring when you hit that "250 spin per day max" though!

I am happy to see more games back, though, for sure. Maybe especially the slots. (Neo is how I know I should NEVER go gambling in real life. ;) )

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2023 1:46 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Pickles wrote:
Blue wrote:

It is, indeed. Also very mindless. It's so jarring when you hit that "250 spin per day max" though!

I am happy to see more games back, though, for sure. Maybe especially the slots. (Neo is how I know I should NEVER go gambling in real life. ;) )

Agreed on RL gambling! Then again, I rarely lose money (or NP) playing Craps/Krawps. I had a PC game once and built up millions. Of course, if I drove to Las Vegas, I would probably need to walk home :roflol:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:16 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Heads Up!
TNT Neoboard wrote:
Dear Neopians,
It is with great excitement and anticipation that we announce the official launch of our NC Pet Styles on the 23rd January 2024.
To help prepare and facilitate this launch, from 18th - 23rd January 2024, all pet transfers will be disabled to prevent any beloved pets getting lost in transit! This extends to all features of the Neopian Pound, including adopting, abandoning and transferring pets from one account to another.
Leading up to the launch, Neopets will be down on 22nd January 2024 to implement changes and bring our new NC Pet Styles to life! We are unable to determine the exact duration for downtime at this moment, but rest assured, your pets will be ready for their transformation when we're back online_
Join us LIVE on socials on the 17th January 2023, 5PM PST for a fun filled NC Pet Style Edition show where we will be sharing sneak peeks & fun giveaways, as we countdown to one of the most anticipated events in Neopian history!
See you there!
colorized highlights are from me

TNT Luna — Today at 11:51 AM on Discord wrote:
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT
It is with great excitement and anticipation that we announce the official launch of our NC Pet Styles on the 23rd January 2024.
To help prepare and facilitate this launch, from 18th - 23rd January 2024, all pet transfers will be disabled to prevent any beloved pets getting lost in transit! This extends to all features of the Neopian Pound, including adopting, abandoning and transferring pets from one account to another.

Leading up to the launch, Neopets will be down on 22nd January 2024 to implement changes and bring our new NC Pet Styles to life! We are unable to determine the exact duration for downtime at this moment, but rest assured, your pets will be ready for their transformation when we’re back online.

Join us LIVE on socials on the 17th January 2023, 5PM PST for a fun filled NC Pet Style Edition show where we will be sharing sneak peeks & fun giveaways, as we countdown to one of the most anticipated events in Neopian history!
See you there! :faerieslorgclouds:

Also, there's an Article up on this. I expect whenever the news comes out, it'll be in there, too. Guess I'll be keeping my current pound labbie until this is over.

It's theorized based on other social media posts (like this one) that Darigan, Faerie, and Grey will be the first colours available. We know Faerie will be for sure, as it's been stated directly by TNT a few times.

There may be a few more details at the NC Style Pet Edition AMA at 5pm NST on January 17th, as well.

So, do any pet trading before the 18th, and get your dailies/quests, etc, done, as soon as possible on the 22nd, to avoid the downtime ruining your streak, etc.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next