Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:27 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Daily/Weekly Quests
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2023 11:27 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

The new daily/weekly quests are now active.

Quest Log

It appears that there are different rewards for different quests....and that everyone's rewards are random. The prize for the weekly quest completion is also random. Some people are reporting theirs to be some pretty serious stamps.

I will update this post as there is more information. At the moment...there's a lot of Red Pteri notices popping up, with Neo down.
-----------------------------
First and foremost:
THESE CANNOT BE DONE ON SIDE ACCOUNTS

Daily Quests:

You MUST visit Quest Log before any of your quests will become active. This may change at a later time, but at present, visiting the page is necessary before activating any quests.

Each day, you have 5 quests to complete. They will be one of the following:
*Customize a Pet - Make at least one change to the customization of a pet and save
*Feed a Pet - Pretty straight forward: feed your pet a any type of food item from your inventory
*Groom a Pet - Use any grooming item on a pet.
*Play a Game - Play any game that requires you to send score at the end (flash or HTML5)
*Purchase Item(s) - Buy 1 to 3 items (as indicated by how many in the quest) from main Neopian shops (that require a haggle) or from the Healing Springs. Other user shops, the General Store, Neohomes Superstore, Little Nippers, Igloo Garage Sale, Tarla's Shop of Mystery, Second-Hand Shoppe, and Hidden Tower do NOT work for this.
*Spin a Wheel - Spin whichever wheel you are asked to spin: Wheel of Mediocrity (40 minutes), Wheel of Excitement (2 hours), Wheel of Misfortune (2 hours - with more negative consequences!), Wheel of Knowledge (1/day)

Once you complete each quest, you can collect your prize, turning a book green with a gold check. Once you collect all 5 prizes for the day (and turn all the books green with gold checks), you can collect the daily prize (20k). There is a current possible quest prize pool on JN's page here.

Once you collect your daily prize, the weekly prize toggle will show another book turned green with a gold check. You may need to refresh the page for this to update.

There is a skip quest option. This will skip the quest...but also prevent you from collecting your daily completion reward. If you fail to collect a daily completion reward, your weekly quest will reset.

Recommendations/Tips:
1) Keep at least one pet out of the Neolodge to be able to feed when necessary. Alternatively, Bloat B Gone can be used for a chance at increasing hunger, but this item has skyrocketed in price (and will likely be used for people trying to Snegg their pet's battledome stats or feed gourmet foods faster, as those are the people who will be able to afford this item).
2) Make sure to go to your quest page FIRST THING before doing any dailies. This will hopefully prevent any issues with quests not completeing.
3) If you don't like your weekly quest item, failing to complete and collect something on day 1 might be a feasible option to reset to something you DO like. Just check your daily prizes to make sure you collect the ones of those that are worthwhile.
4) Using bookmarks or quick links to the wheels may not work. When in doubt, go through explore to the world they're in and click on the wheel from the map.

Tutorial Quests:
There are 6 parts to the Tutorial Quests. These are not timed, so do not worry about hurrying through them. Each part has several tasks to complete, after which you get a prize.

Part 1:
*Create a Neopet - If you already have a pet, this should be checked. If not, go through the create-a-pet process and make a new one!
*Activate Your Account: For most everyone, this should already be checked, as you really can't do much playing without activating your account. If you somehow have not managed to activate your account yet, do so here. (And then PM me and explain how you've been playing for a while without having done so. I'm curious.)
*Add 3 Neofriends - Add any neofriend. This can be someone you're already neofriends with - just do this three times and it should work. Sending the request is all that is required; the request does not need to be accepted. You can send a request from their userlookup, or from the Neofriends requests page. **This currently shows up for accounts under the age of 13, but cannot be completed, as they cannot have neofriends.**
*Send a Neomail - Pretty straight forward. Send a neomail. **This quest does not currently show up for accounts under the age of 13, as they are not allowed to send neomails.**
*Explore Pages in Settings - Go to the Settings page and view each different option. No longer part of the quest.

Prizes:
Wooden Blocking Shield
Blue Ixi Plushie
Mystery Of The Kougra Paw
Mashed Potato With Gravy
Ultra Fashionable Potato Sack
Random 2 of: Starter Blue Paint, Starter Green Paint Brush, Starter Red Paint Brush, Starter Yellow Paint Brush
Random 2 of: Weeble, Liobits, Frogler, Ditsy

This is the old newbie pack that was given out for completing the flash tutorial. Newer (I use this lightly) accounts have probably already received these prizes.
The Petpets and Start Paint Brushes listed here are No Trade items.

Part 2:
*Feed a Pet - Pretty straight forward: feed your pet a any type of food item from your inventory
*Assign a Petpet to your Neopet: Give a petpet to one of your neopets. If all of your neopets already have petpets and you don't want to unequip them and lose their age, consider adopting a pet from the pound and giving it one. If you don't have enough pet slots for that, transfer a pet to a side account temporarily to take care of this.
*Groom a Pet - Use any grooming item on a pet.
*Play with your Pet - Play with any toy item with your pet.
*Dress up your Neopet: Make at least one change to the customization of a pet and save

Prize:

Part 3:
*Heart a page to Bookmark it! - Look in the top left corner on any of the converted pages, find the heart, and click it.
*Explore 5 Lands - Visit any 5 different lands linked on the explore page.
*Spin a Wheel - Spin any of the following wheels: Wheel of Mediocrity (40 minutes), Wheel of Excitement (2 hours), Wheel of Misfortune (2 hours - with more negative consequences!), Wheel of Knowledge (1/day)
*Check out Guilds in the Community - Take a quick trip over to the Guilds Hub. Joining a guild is not necessary.
*Send your Petpet on an adventure! - Grave Danger, anyone? Send a pet out to seek treasure...
*Get a scratchcard and try your luck!: Scratch a Terror Mountain Scratchcard or Deserted Fairgrounds Scratchcard. Lost Desert Scratchcards aren't possible to scratch without Flash at this time.

Prize:

Part 4:
*Paint your Neopet at the Rainbow Pool - Use a working paint brush at the Rainbow Pool to paint one of your pets. (This includes the starter paint brushes you received from Part 1.) This is not to be confused with using a Rainbow Fountain Dip!! Note: if you adopted a pet from the pound to give it a petpet, consider painting it with one of the cheaper colors (Speckled, Cloud, Christmas, etc) before returning it to the pound.
*Send your Neopet to a Training School - Get one of your pets started on training at either the Swashbuckling Academy or Mystery Island Training School. Unfortunately, the Secret Ninja School doesn't count for this one.You do not need to complete the course for this to check off (but you might want to go back and do so eventually, anyways). Free pet day training at the Academy may or may not count for this - this has not been tested yet. Update: Secret Ninja Training School is now working for this!
*Refer One Friend: Go to the Referrals page, enter any valid email address and submit it. The referral does not need to be accepted.
*Battle in the Battledome - Complete any 1-player battle in the battledome
*Submit 5 Game Scores from Games Room - Send scores on any game that requires you to send score at the end (flash or HTML5). These can be from the same game (max 3 sends a day) or from different games.
Note: The TCG task, requiring you to add 3 cards to your TCG album, has been removed. Pity. :P

Prize:
A random NC item from a small item pool. The current item pool includes these pretties (several of which are highly sought-after in the NC trading community): Amongst the Clouds Background, Cherry Blossom Bridge Background, Fabled Silvery Lake Background, Gold Mine Background, Pink Mountain and Cloud Background, Cherry Blossom Garland, Cyodrake Temple Garden, Golden Scattered Light Garland, Jewelled Silver Wings, Long Charming Grey Wig, Lovely Layered Lilac Dress, or Rich Golden Eye Makeup

Part 5:
*Purchase an item from another user's Shop - Use the shop wizard to go to another user's shop and buy an item. Shiny Obsidians are back down to 1NP, if you need one... 8)
*Purchase a Stock - Purchase at least one share of stock
*Put a Stamp in your Stamp Album - Put an album item in your album. This must be a new one - stamps already in your album do not count. If you're up to the ones in the millions....either wait until Advent Calendar (when there tend to be new stamps released), get lucky restocking, get lucky with your weekly items, or...who knows what. Just...good luck on this one.
*Obtain a Secret Avatar - Get any avatar you don't currently have. If there are no "easy" ones available, you can always lose and regain the Emo-Usuki one.
*Set up a Shop - If you already have a shop, this will automatically check. Otherwise, set one up!
*Enter an Art & Design or Writing Contest - Enter any of the contests under "Art and Design" on the page linked. Customization Spotlight is extraordinarily easy to enter - just pick a pet you've customized and click the enter button.

Prize:
A random NC item from a small item pool. The current item pool includes these pretties (several of which are highly sought-after in the NC trading community): Amongst the Clouds Background, Cherry Blossom Bridge Background, Fabled Silvery Lake Background, Gold Mine Background, Pink Mountain and Cloud Background, Cherry Blossom Garland, Cyodrake Temple Garden, Golden Scattered Light Garland, Jewelled Silver Wings, Long Charming Grey Wig, Lovely Layered Lilac Dress, or Rich Golden Eye Makeup
This is the same pool as for Part 4, and it does appear possible to get the same random item twice.

Part 6:
*Use the Trading Post to trade an item - Set up a trade on the trading post. You don't need to actually complete a trade.
*Complete a Quest from the Brain Tree - Complete a Brain Tree quest. Tips: You will need to complete 2 Esophagor quests to get the answers to when and where. Start an Esophagor quest first to make sure you don't have super expensive items requested from him first! These are all timed, so...good luck.
*Help Edna find missing ingredients for her spells! - Visit Edna and complete one of her quests. Remember: you have a limit of a total of 10 quests a day between Edna, Kitchen, and Taelia Quests!
*Complete a treasure map! - Yep. Ouch. Spooky and Original Treasure Map have both been confirmed to work, though in theory, any should work(including Forgotten Shore, if you somehow haven't done it yet). Prices are up right now, especially for Spooky pieces, as a lot of them were donated during the recent event since they were R102+'s. Might want to wait for a bit on this one if you don't already have pieces. Update: If you have completed Lab Ray, Petpet Lab Ray, or Forgotten Shore, visit their page off of the Maps Page and it will check this box for you!
*Try your luck on the Alien Aisha Vending Machine! - Use a Nerkmid at the Vending Machine
*Have 1 million NP in your Bank Account - if you already have 1 mil in your bank, it will automatically check. Otherwise...you need to get there.
Prize:
ImageShenanigifts Retired Mystery Capsule 2023

Once you finish part 6, you're done with the Tutorial tab. Whew! (It says "You have no new quests to display.")

There is also an Events tab, which is currently empty. Maybe we'll see things pop up here in the future? May to go along with the Altador Cup? Or who knows what else?

The Completed tab is just that - it shows you every quest you have completed in the past, in the order you completed them (oldest at the bottom), and what your prize was, etc.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

Last edited by Pickles on Sat Oct 28, 2023 6:12 pm, edited 12 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Daily/Weekly Quests
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2023 11:59 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
Interesting...

Would be neat to see this, but.. not even seeing the Red Pteri

ETA: Managed to get in... The quests are simple. I do see that these will "reset" in 7 hours. Not a lot of time, I guess.

There is also a scroll in the upper right next to the alerts "bell" on the header.

1. Purchase any item(s) in a Neopian store - Need 2x
2. Spin the wheel of knowledge in Brightvale
3. Play any Game or Classic Game in the Games Room
4. Customize one of your Neopets
5. Groom any of your Neopets with any grooming item

ETA: need 2 items in #1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2023 12:52 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Blue, if you go to the Quest Log link I put in the first post, it will show you what the rewards are. Clicking on the "weekly" tab will show you what your weekly prize is, if you complete all of your quests for the week.

My quests were:
Buy (2) items
Spin WOMed
Play a Game
Customise a Pet
Groom a Pet

ETA:
I am completing the tutorial steps, slowly. First set done. I legit FINALLY got some of the no trade items that were never available...because they were in the newbie packs that came out well after I was no longer a newbie.
As a reward for completing your quest, you have received
Wooden Blocking Shield
Blue Ixi Plushie
Mashed Potato With Gravy
Starter Green Paint Brush
Starter Red Paint Brush
Weeble
Liobits
Ultra Fashionable Potato Sack
These items have been added to your inventory.

Part 2 gave:

Part 3 gave:

Part 4 will eventually give me (the battledome part isn't working at present):
Cherry Blossom Bridge Background (NC background)

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:10 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Thanks Pickles. I did not realize I needed to do the tutorial... Now, how do I add 3 Neofriends? Oy.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:26 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Blue wrote:
Thanks Pickles. I did not realize I needed to do the tutorial... Now, how do I add 3 Neofriends? Oy.
You can send friend requests to people that you're already neofriends with. That should do it.

I'll try to get the first post updated with things I've learned over the course of the evening from discord and other places. Still trying to finish my daily kitchen quests tonight...hah!

I should add: only the daily quests are time sensitive. The tutorial ones are probably not. Looks like there are at least 6 sets of them...maybe more? I haven't finished 4 yet, so...

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:32 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Thanks! That worked to complete the Neofriends activity. I also realized I needed to add my newest (working) side. I lost all of the others during the password reset debacle.

First Tutorial Prizes:
Wooden Blocking Shield
Blue Ixi Plushie
Mashed Potato With Gravy
Starter Blue Paint Brush
Starter Yellow Paint Brush
Liobits
Frogler
Ultra Fashionable Potato

Looks like after finishing the 1st tutorial, there is a second with a 25k prize..

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2023 4:28 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I was able to get through the 4th tutorial one. Of course, the 5th has both "Put a Stamp in your Stamp Album" and "Obtain a Secret Avatar"....both of which would've been super easy had I not done the goodie bags earlier today and bought the stamps and albumed them. Sigh. Got the avvie one taken care of by losing and regaining Emo-Usuki, and found a single stamp that had dropped down to barely buyable that I didn't already have. Can't continue until tomorrow, though, as I need to be able to buy stocks.

From what I've seen on discord, there are only 6 tutorial steps. They do not appear to be timed, so don't fret about rushing through them. The daily quests are the only ones that are time sensitive.

I will take some time to update the first post tomorrow, but for now, I'm exhausted. Feel free to ping me on FB if you have any questions - if you see my online on Neo, I'm probably online there, too, and might see anything there faster than over here.

ETA to add this:
TNT Dingo on discord wrote:
It's just 7 days from whenever you start, it's more of a 7-day streak reward.

...in case anyone didn't get started TODAY, it's okay. It'll be like Trudy. Whenever you start, you start.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:32 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Managed to finish another tutorial. #3 I think. It's the 50k prize.

ETA: #4 tutorial prize is a Cherry Blossom Garland. Nice.

Uugh. This is my #4 list:

Paint your Neopet at the Rainbow Pool
Send your Neopet to a Training School
Refer One Friend
Battle in the Battledome
Submit 5 Game Scores from Games Room

Not super keen on #1. I do have a dip available, but not so sure I want to "waste" it on this little adventure. I guess I will and hope for a dip later with a cookie and a boon. I will probably be BFD. Any suggestions for a Shoryu (that will be turned into a Draik if I can complete the week of Quests.

ETA2: the battledome is good. MyPet was covered in Lava by the LavaGhoul when completing the "Spin a Wheel" quest.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:09 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I don't get these quests. I've already bought like five items and it's not showing as completed. One is to spin the WoK, and I already spun it, but it's not showing as completed. I need to go to bed. Neopets, day 1 is supposed to be more than a few hours. Seriously, stop it!

I'd ask if I should skip those quests, but I know I won't get any answer in time. Wait... Bought something in the regular shops. Just the WoK left. Going to skip it. The item was worth about 7k.

Edit: Are you sure you want to skip this quest?
Skipping this quest will opt you out of the daily and weekly bonus rewards.
Nevermind!
Yes, I'm Sure

Well, that's just dandy. I already did it! You can't spin twice. This is stupid.

My daily reward is 20k and the weekly is 100k. On top of the 7k item for the quest. Grrrrrr.

Edit: well, stayed until the next day started. New wheel is mediocrity. It counted. For fewer NP, of course. Will do the rest tomorrow.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2023 4:03 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Blue wrote:
Paint your Neopet at the Rainbow Pool
This means literally use a paint brush at the Rainbow Pool, not use a FF dip at the Rainbow Fountain. Although, you could paint your pet something cheap (or free - the starter paint brushes work for this) and then use the Rainbow Fountain to turn it into something cooler.

...I painted my pound labbie with the speckled p/b I got from one of yesterday's quests and dumped him back in the pound to complete this. Gotta find a new pound labbie today. Fun times.

Bummer, Siniri. They were supposed to have reset the WOK for everyone sometime later in the day (TNT Dingo confirmed this on Discord), but even then, some people were having trouble with it counting. Some people are still having an issue with it not counting when it's spun. Sounds like they're still working out bugs with it. I know they were working pretty late last night to get some things working.

Did your weekly prize reset to something different? Just curious...

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:51 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Ah, pound painted pet with a brush. I'm in... Off to adopt and then paint it blue.

ETA: Adopted poor lilgangster from the pound. A starving red Kacheek with a no-name Barbat petpept.

lilgangster has been fed. Went to the Rainbow Pool... painted her blue with the starter brush earned from the tutorial quest... and dumped her back into the pound.

Won a Cherry Blossom Garland this tutorial round.

ETA2: next tutorial was quick. Won a Long Charming Grey Wig

Current tutorial will take a while, but the prize is a Shenanigifts Retired Mystery Capsule 2023

Tasks:
Use the Trading Post to trade an item
Complete a Quest from the Brain Tree
Help Edna find missing ingredients for her spells!
Complete a treasure map!
Try your luck on the Alien Aisha Vending Machine!
Have 1 million NP in your Bank Account

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:51 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:00 pm: TNT Dingo is on Discord giving updates:

Quote:
We are still working to optimize daily quest generation, but if you have a Wheel of Knowledge quest and spun before having your quests generated today, we have added functionality to get credit for the quest if you re-visit the Wheel of Knowledge page!

Secret Ninja Training School should count for train pet Tutorial Quests now!

I've made it so that if you have a Treasure Map Tutorial Quest, if you have already completed Lab Ray, Petpet Lab Ray, or Forgotten Shore maps and visit those pages on /games/treasure.phtml it should count your quest as completed!

Are there plans to make games like scarab 21 and wise/grumpy king, count towards the "submit x scores" daily?
-Eventually yes! Though I cannot guarantee a time estimate on that.

ETA:
There was also somewhere noted that the prize pool will change, but no clue when. I'm hoping it sticks around long enough for chances at some of those stamps (or at least for the prices to come down a bit) and for the Spring Gift Basket, because it has 3 neggs that are currently only obtainable through the gift basket that I need for my gallery. I guess we'll see?

I have finally completed the last of the tutorials. Whew. Just waiting on the tickets for my kiddos so that their "make 3 neofriends" tasks disappear.

Prizes commentary for Part 4-6:
Opened my Part 6 Capsule and got two items; Flower Ribbon Mask and Red Candle and Flower Foreground. Seeing as I didn't have anything particular I wanted from in there...Yay? My Part 4 and Part 5 prizes were Cherry Blossom Bridge Background and Lovely Layered Lilac Dress.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:38 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Oh, wow. Thanks for asking, Pickles! The weekly prize did change! It actually turns out to be super duper lucky that I got the glitch! I rescind my grumpiness. I'm pretty sure I can now get several of that BG I missed out on from the site being down and requiring so much time during the last day of the plot.

Snowbunny Stamp

Isn't this one of the ones you need, Pickles? And don't I still need to send you some stuff from previous prize shops that you wanted? I should have time tomorrow for some trades.

Now I'm extra motivated to visit the site every day!

I completed part 1 of the tutorial last night. I screenshotted my prizes:
Wooden blocking shield
Blue ixi plushie (awww, that was my first pet! I still miss her.)
Mystery of the Kougra paw
Mashed potato with gravy
Starter red and green paint brushes
Weeble
Liobits
Ultra fashionable potato sack

(My daily quest prizes have been between 1500 and 7k each in value, 3 NP and 2 items each day, missing an item from yesterday.)

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2023 12:13 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Glad to hear, SIniri!

Tutorial #6 is complete and the "Tutorial" tab is now gone. I have to admit that this has been a lot of fun (despite the awful lag the last day or so).

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2023 1:43 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Siniri wrote:
Isn't this one of the ones you need, Pickles? And don't I still need to send you some stuff from previous prize shops that you wanted? I should have time tomorrow for some trades.
Nope. I actually already have that album completed. I think it might've been the first one I ever did. Way back during one of the 5:1 CC's, I think, before things were STUPIDLY expensive.

For giggles, this is my personal mini "wishlist" of weekly prizes from the current weekly item prize pool:
Priority order:
#1: Spring Gift Basket (for the chance at the Neggs I need for my gallery - Blooming Ivy Easter Negg, Pastel Polka Dot Easter Negg, and Purple Swirls Easter Negg)
#2: King Altador Stamp (for album)
#2: Taiko Standing Drum Collectable Charm (for album)
#3: Sloth Collectable Charm (for album)
#3: Lab Ray Stamp (for album)
#4: Jelly Negg (tentatively...if only to use to make the negg-shaped but not negg named cooking pot item it's involved in...assuming I ever get two of the other negg required to make it, but that's one of the ones in the Spring Gift Basket that I don't have)
#4: The Mystical Tablet (good dual-duty, wouldn't mind adding it to my set, but lower priority)
#5: Any of the books or gourmet foods (for reading and/or feeding)
I'm kinda ambivalent about the paint brushes, morphing potions, toys, wearables, etc. I mean, if it's something someone I know wants, I'd be happy to give it to them. Otherwise, I expect they'll get chunked into the endless abyss of my SDB...or maybe sold or traded for one of the above items, if they're of equal value (or even an over offer on my side). I expect most people want the stamps, etc, to resell, and that's it. I'm far more interested in actually continuing to complete goals than accruing NPs. I mean, I guess I could be concerned about accruing NPs to be able to afford said items in the list. :P

Curious as to what y'all would like from the list, if you're willing to share. Would love to help out if there's anything you're interested in and I end up with it!

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next