Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:10 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 269 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next
 Post subject: Battleground of the Obelisk [Split 9]
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:43 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
New Split! The prior split is here

In case you are curious, this originally started as a plot... here

Shockingly, the prize shop is still open!

(and I have 215k points to spend)

Post subject: Re: Battleground of the Obelisk [Split 9]
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2023 2:44 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Yay, new split!

Not too shockingly, I have no points to spend at the prize shop (I just checked).

For anyone interested, the stats were posted for last round (by neo_truths over on reddit):
Have been asked to post some stats about obelisk win. There isn't much to show but here it is.
Thieves had 612 players with at least 10 battles and 7096593 points (avg 11595)
Order had 2792 players with at least 10 battles and 27626184 points (avg 9894)
Seekers had 988 players with at least 10 battles and 5473750 points (avg 5540)

Thieves had 667 players and 42245 battles done
Order had 2884 players and 162936 battles done
Seekers had 1028 players and 38530 battles done

Top thieves battlers: 6487, 3724, 3506, 3163, 3000, 2300, 662
Top order battlers: 6500, 6301, 6005, 4290, 3900, 2884, 2450, 2243, 2200, 2004, 2000, 2000, 1771, 1750, 1484, 1450, 1420, 1368, 1200, 1173, 1169, 1150, 1138, 1100, 1051, 1024, 1010, 1000, 1000, 1000, 1000, 901
Top seekers battlers: 2199, 1001, 800, 653

Thieves had 343 players with 10-20 battles done
Order had 1715 players with 10-20 battles done
Seekers had 578 players with 10-20 battles done

I guess I just barely missed out being listed as one of the top seekers battlers. :P

That being said, Siniri, it's your total number of wins times the difficulty of the opponent (x 0.5 for draw, x 0.2 for loss) to give the team points. Doesn't matter which opponents you fight, looks like...just the difficulty.

However, can we talk about how serious some of those battlers are?!! Wow! Here I thought I was doing good with 600 wins on hard! Holy cow! I guess I need to really up my game if I'm going to make a serious difference!

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2023 2:58 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Wow that Reddit link was a serious Rabbit Hole! Just re-emerged after an unknown length of time.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2023 5:08 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Blue wrote:
Wow that Reddit link was a serious Rabbit Hole! Just re-emerged after an unknown length of time.

Yeah, Neo_truths has posted a LOT of things. I collected all of the info on various dailies odds, etc, but it's in no particular formatting, and I haven't even had time to read through it yet. But..seeing the actual data after this battling made things interesting.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:09 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Very interesting. I'll stop battling the strongest opponent then, and switch to one I can beat with a single weapon.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:35 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

So... Don't battle the top dog (2 rounds for me)? Do 2x the battles with the next challenger down?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:30 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

You still technically earn more points for your team for harder battles, but...depending on the time it takes to beat the hardest, you might earn more points faster by beating easier opponents. It'd be fun to calculate, I suppose... :thinking:
You'd have to take into account the extra clicks for using multiple weapons (1 click to begin battle, 3 clicks to use 2 weapons and assumably lens flare, 1 click to actually attack, 1 for collect rewards, 1 to play again = 7 clicks per fight, vs 6 clicks per fight for only using 1 weapon). There's additional time that comes in when it loads the attacks, but that can be skipped by an additional click.
The hit points (points for your team as well) for the top few go:
450 (Hard difficulty top challenger)
350 (Hard difficulty next to top challenger)
338 (Medium difficulty top challenger)
263 (Medium difficulty next to top challenger)
225 (Easy difficulty top challenger)

A Ghostkerbomb does a minimum of 336 HP at the top strength bracket (750+), but more than likely will hit at at least 352, so you could probably OHKO (One Hit Knock Out) the second tier opponents on hard most times if you're at that top tier of strength.

As you need a minimum of 29 icons with the top strength bracket to OHKO the top opponent on hard, the only single weapon currently available to users that can do that every time would be the Super Attack Pea, which has 32 constant icons. (Wand of Dark Faerie CAN get a 29-icon hit, but that's the top of its range so less likely, similarly Ghostkerbomb with a 30-icon hit and possibly some others I'm not taking into account as they're probably stupidly expensive... :P )

That being said, I don't know if the time saved doing a OHKO with a single weapon vs with 2 weapons would actually be better in the time vs points ratio. Since they've handed out the Roxtons Trusty Bowie Knife (15 icon) and the Void Blade (14 icon) in recent times, if you're at the top strength tier, you can OHKO the top challenger on hard with those two plus lens flare every time.

I did the icons required calculations based on the top strength bracket only, so it changes up if you're fighting at a different strength bracket. I would recommend using JN's damage calculator or weapons calculator to figure out what your top two weapons give you on a minimal amount and decide which challenger to go for from there? Maybe?

...also I don't know if anything in this post is actually helpful or not.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 3:51 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I guess I misunderstood what you meant by this then: "it's your total number of wins times the difficulty of the opponent (x 0.5 for draw, x 0.2 for loss) to give the team points." Because that equation doesn't include the hit points of the opponent. So is it #wins times hit points times difficulty factor (assuming the latter two are constant)?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:20 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Siniri wrote:
I guess I misunderstood what you meant by this then: "it's your total number of wins times the difficulty of the opponent (x 0.5 for draw, x 0.2 for loss) to give the team points." Because that equation doesn't include the hit points of the opponent. So is it #wins times hit points times difficulty factor (assuming the latter two are constant)?
Okay, probably overdoing this, but just want to make sure it's clear (in case there are lurkers reading as well):

Some battledome opponents difficulties don't match up with their starting hit points. We have no clue why that is, but that's why it's been specified as difficulty verses hit points. For example, the Snowager has an Easy Difficulty of 650 but the Starting HP are 700. Thankfully, I believe the battleground ones all line up, like Lanie and Lillie have a Hard Difficulty of 450 and the Starting HP is also 450. At any rate, what matters is the difficulty number for counting points for your team, not the actual hit points.

So...points for your team would be (for each challenger on each difficulty setting you fought):
(number of wins) x (opponent's difficulty) + (number of draws) x (opponent's difficulty) x (0.5) + (number of losses) x (opponent's difficulty) x (0.2)

So if I fought Lannie and Lillie 10 times on hard and won all 10 times:
(10) x (450) = 4500 points

If I fought Lannie and Lillie 20 times on hard, won 10, drew 5, and lost 5:
(10) x (450) + (5) x (450) x (0.5) + (5) x (450) x (0.2) = 7650 points

If I fought Lanie and Lillie 10 times on medium and won all 10 times:
(10) x (338) = 3380 points

If you only fight the top two challengers on hard and win all the time, calculating your points is super easy.
For example, last round, I fought each of the top two challengers on hard only and won 300 times on each.
So that would be:
Kanrik: (300) x (450) = 135000
Rasala: (300) x (450) = 135000
So I earned 270,000 points for the Seekers.

BUT which team wins overall is done by calculating the total number of points for the team divided by the number of people who put in at least 10 battles. So the people who fought 10 battles against the Minor Warlock on easy with a difficulty of 8....they only earned 80 points. Needless to say, even those who do 10 battles on hard for 4500 points still drop the average for the team down significantly.
Last time around, Order had WAY more people battling (about 1.74 times more than Thieves and Seekers combined), BUT (using that same Order vs. Thieves + Seekers), they also about 1.86 times the number of people who only did somewhere between 10 and 20 battles only (which ended up being almost 60% of the people on their team, which was the highest percentage of any of the three teams).

So...what it's been coming down to lately is which team has the least number of people who do the minimum necessary to qualify for the boon.

---------

All that being said, using a second weapon to OHKO the top opponent is probably going to net you more points for your time than doing a OHKO with a single weapon on an opponent with lesser difficulty, and possibly still better to do the top challenger with two rounds, as well (especially if you don't have to change weapons, just abilities). At least, that would be my guess based on battledome page load times on my machine. Because it always seems to take forever to get the actual battle started! But...that could be just me.

Also...don't bother fighting the lower tier guys unless you REALLY want to. Fight at whatever level you can OHKO (or 2HKO). You'll earn way more points for the team that way.

Whew. I feel like I wrote a book. :P

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:23 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Thanks Pickles, that really helps. (For what its worth, we do have a lot of lurkers ;))

I typically only battle the top challenger on hard and always win, but it takes 2 rounds. I do not need to change weapons for the 2nd round, but do need to utilize a faerie abilities in both rounds. Training my pet to get a OHKO might be my new goal.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:16 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Awakened, Seekers, Brutes

That makes sense, Pickles. Thanks for all the info!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 3:01 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

My younger two have Awakened and Sway, so they'd probably prefer Seekers or Brutes. Me, personally, I'd prefer Seekers, but I'll go either way.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:01 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I'd also prefer Seekers, so... Is that good with you, too, Blue?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:11 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Seekers works for me. Signing up now before I forget!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:53 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Woot, Seekers! Here goes nothin'...

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 269 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next