For Neopets ONLY discussion.
Post a reply

Re: Battleground of the Obelisk [Split 9]

Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:14 pm

Thanks, guys! I was trying to see what factions we have today, and I accidentally clicked on the Twins, and then I managed to misclick and say to join when I meant to say no... So if you want to bandwagon with me for some cake, you're welcome to, but if not, I understand.

Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:29 pm

After yesterday's craziness, why not add a little to the pot? Maybe the cake will be good this time?

Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:23 pm

Cake sounds good right now.

*Hops on the bandwagon*

ETA - My stats from the last boon. Outstanding! Significant stat increases for my battle pet for a mere 23.2kNP!

DayCostDefenseHealth/HPStrengthLevel
Total231861520134

Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:44 pm

I've gotten 43 battles so far (just enough for the daily prizes... Today's took forever.)

Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:47 pm

I've gotten in more than a Baker's dozen so far. The added strength from the latest FQR Boon last week made a huge difference in attack. That plus the added VitB makes knocking off the Duchess in 1 round a breeze. Before last week, I could beat the top contender in one round ~25% of the time. Now, it is 100% with room to spare.

I almost stopped today after the Baker's dozen, but nearly every drop is a codestone... (5 codestones today)

Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:40 pm

Awakened won! Stocks, FQR, Book Smarts, Doctor Who and That Millionaire Feeling
After I bought stocks before deciding on a boon (because my brain is foggy this morning), I chose to go with the FQR and bought a FQFC. Maybe this will cheer my week up some? I will open it later in the day, so I have a chance of getting the 10th quest in next Wednesday.

Day 1: Light (The Tooth Faerie) --> +2Lvl to battle pet
Day 2: Water (Quiggle Joke Book) --> Faerie Queen (Acara Rebel Jacket) --> +2Lvl +5HP +5 Str to battle pet (Wooot!! Great refresh!!)
Day 3: Dark (Draik Squirt Toy) --> +3HP to battle pet
Day 4: Battle (Faellie Balloon) --> +3HP +3Def +3Str to battle pet
Day 5: Grey (Puppyblew) --> Water (The Magic Paw) --> +3Def to backup battle pet
Day 6: Soup (Large Shepherds Pie Smoothie) --> +2HP +2Mov to battle pet
Day 7: Grey (Spyder) --> Soup (Large Shepherds Pie Smoothie) --> +2HP +2Mov to battle pet
(Last day for refreshing!)
-----------------------------
Post refreshing -
Day 8: Air (forgot what the item was) --> +3Mov to backup battle pet
Day 9: Grey (Hopso) --> called Air --> +3Mov to battle pet (Sigh, should've had the back-up active, but I didn't want to miss out on a FQ or something, which would've happened if I hadn't!)
Day 10: Water (Usuki Collectors Guide) --> +3Def to backup battle pet

Only 3 refreshes needed this time, and two of them were definitely worth it! I did actually get a random other quest this week...but it was Battle Faerie so I didn't refresh it. ;)
Last edited by Pickles on Wed Feb 07, 2024 2:35 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:43 pm

Yay, Bandwagon! With the last FQR Boon stat boosts making for shorter battles, I got in a lot more battles this time. Refresh Quest seems like the way to go. Amazing stat increases for the price. *checks SDB for cookie*. Yep. I have a cookie in my SDB. Might be stale, but it should still work ;)

Day 1: Soup, Large Spirulina Smoothie (1.4k), +2 defense & +2 hit points :)
Day 2: Battle, Glitter Xweetok Tail (158k.. nope)... Refresh: Grey, Mallard (SDB) -> Granted by Air, +3 Speed. (probably should have paid the 158k! Can't get those stat increases for less)
Day 3: Dark, Chia Clown Ball. Hmm. Risk it? I do not need the HP... Yep. Refresh: Still Dark. This time it's a Bori Tennis Set (1.3k). +3 HP (and of course a Chia Clown Ball is 15NP...)
Day 4: Light, Neoquest Hero.. Refresh! Refresh, refresh. (taking forever to refresh)... Earth, Fire Jug (1.2k) -> + 2 Defense
Day 5: Earth, Fire Jug... Refresh... Grey, Tenna (1k) -> Fulfilled by Fire -> +3 Strength
Day 6... Oops
Day 7: Air, Ona Comb. Refresh, Dark, Aisha Pogo Stick (1k), +HP
----
Day 8... Oops
Day 9: Fire, Cool Shades (1.9k), +3 STR
Day 10:

Definitely have been out of sorts lately. Missed 2 days of quests. Ah well.

Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 pm

I went with the stock boon. I have to move before the end of next month, so I need easy peasy.

Edit: and day 2, I already lost out on 5k by forgetting I had the boon. :wall:

Day 3: I barely remembered to buy at 10. Phew.

Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:12 pm

Thieves, Sway, Brutes.

Well...I want an easy boon this week, that will be easy to get done and I don't have to think about. That would be the bank boon. So...Sway it is for me. I know it also has FQR which BLP will like. But I don't want to think about stocks and I certainly don't want the junky boons Brutes have.

Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:48 pm

Since the sign-up cutoff is at midnight NST, which is just over 8 hours from now, I shall jump on the bandwagon now. Yay Sway even though Thieves are the best.

Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:45 pm

Jumped on the bandwagon.

Nearly forgot, but couldn't remember whether I'd done my dailies earlier after hearing my sister's emergency gallbladder removal went well.

Edit: Sway won! Easy bank boon it is. Woohoo!

Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:24 pm

I also went with the bank boon (before I collected interest). I thought really hard about getting another FQFC but I didn't want to mess with that this week.

Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:11 pm

Woohoo! Bank boon for me, too!

I am happy for an "easy" boon this week.

ETA: Easy week is now over. Seekers, Order, Awakened
No Thieves, no preference.

Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:30 pm

Was just coming to share the factions. I just hope I manage to join, get the minimum, and maybe do the boon a few times. I got the keys for my new place today, and I have to be completely out of the old one in ten days.

Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:31 pm

Wishing you all the best for your move! May it be quick and have only very minor issues.
Post a reply