Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:00 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Lost Fragments Event
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:05 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Interesting, Blue! I didn't think you could have two bombs equipped, but....who knows.

I spent my points, and bought most of the items I wanted that I didn't have points for. One of them is currently twice what the last price check was for the guide, and I'm not sure I want to sink that many NPs into it either way.

I did end up buying a Faerie PPPB with my prize points, so that I can paint a Talpidat Faerie for my gallery, as that's the only one I'm missing. I was going to pass on the p/b's entirely, but...it was too hard to pass up rather than spending 1.3-1.5 mil on one.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:39 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
Apparently, you can indeed equip two or more different bombs. No multiples of any.

Using the Ghoskerbomb and Viara Bomb together in the same round pack quite a whollop. It will now be my new round 1 in the skirmishes, which hopefully means no round 2. I have been using the GBomb and a Trident which required a second round, but I did not need to do more than the Trident in the 2nd round. With the recent strength boosts thanks to the Refreshed Quest boon, I could do a single round about 1/6 of the times.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:49 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I did a little digging, and it looks like this is an exception to the rule. Most bombs are in the "bomb" category of "limit one bomb," and you can't equip a second from that category. It's like they forgot to trigger the fact that it's a bomb, and while they did make it limit one of its own kind, they forgot to put it in the category of "limit one bomb." If it stays this way (which at this point, it probably will, but you never know?), the two different bombs will make a good first hit coupled with lens flare, for sure! It's like how I-Staff and WODF can heal, but are not in the healer category, so you can equip a regular healer alongside them.

At any rate, I got one, just because I'm aiming to have a good variety of icons for any upcoming battling in the plot, both offensive and defensive, in case there's any opponents I can't take out in three hits (lens flare, warlock's rage, freezer). Still wish I'd bought a TTear before the prices exploded, but...ah well.

Now I just have to decide what else to get off the FF store, since the page is back up....and probably spend the rest of my AC points, too. Maybe. :P

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:05 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

I hope the GB and VB can stay together. They work beautifully together.

WODF is 300M? Wow. Hey, TNT, WODF would make a great weekly quest prize ;) :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:25 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Blue wrote:
I hope the GB and VB can stay together. They work beautifully together.

WODF is 300M? Wow. Hey, TNT, WODF would make a great weekly quest prize ;) :lol:
With how many I-Staffs were essentially given out, I'd be surprised if WODF shows back up. Truly, putting the top item for either of the sets of quests in the prize shop was a questionable decision. The whole point of the I-Staff and WODF was that they were supposed to be stupidly hard to earn, but VERY good weapons.

The Mystical Tablet was similarly pricey: 400,000,000 NP on September 29, 2023. It's now down to 1.1 mil, after being given out through the weekly quest prizes. I'd rather not see the WODF come down to that, or it will completely ruin the point of trying for the Jhudora quests.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:04 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Hmm. Sounds like it is worth the 960 points in the FF prize shop to get an I-Staff?

I am glad to see that the Jhudora prize shop did not have the WODF for 960.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2024 12:45 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Blue wrote:
Hmm. Sounds like it is worth the 960 points in the FF prize shop to get an I-Staff?

I am glad to see that the Jhudora prize shop did not have the WODF for 960.
If you don't have an I-Staff or WODF, it would definitely be a good option. I-Staff isn't QUITE as powerful as WODF, but it's still way up there in terms of what it can do, and is tied with things like the GBomb, LEV, and HNMS in terms of rating (at a 9.3).

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!