NeoDex
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:02 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Faerie Festival Event 2023
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:48 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
Hmm. No more quests? That's not entirely ideal, as I was going to change back my Mynci from Halloween to Elderly, but so it goes. Apparently, you cannot wear an item specific to a deluxe paint brush unless it is fresh painted? Or the customizer is not working properly. My guess is the latter.

Donations made. I suppose if this is the last day for Donations, that's good. I was starting to run out of the "good" omelettes to donate.

Points from current Donation : 80
Total Points : 1960
Total Donations so far : 270
Todays donation count : 30

I have yet to open any of the capsules... Will they be worth more unopened? Nope. They are a "No Trade"

Heading to Moltara...

ETA - It appears that I missed some of the scenes by not paying attention. Ah well. So it goes.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2023 7:43 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I went to the quest page and have a new grey faerie quest. No idea when I got it. Anyone have a Spyder?

I fell asleep doing dailies but thankfully woke up before midnight NST and set timers to make sure I didn't fall asleep again. Had a ton of trouble with both the Neo and JN IDB (which I never did get to load, but thankfully I could use the list I made of what was in my SDB).

Rushed through the dialogues using Pickles's guide, but the Meridell dialogue never loaded for me. Went back to the festival and got Fyora's ending dialogue (it rolled over to 3am at this point while I was trying for the Meridell dialogue to load), and the missing dialogue was listed in the past scenes (though it glitched and you couldn't get past an early point because of coding issues on the phone, so thanks, P, for including it here!).

It says I got a gold trophy for recycling and a cool avatar for joining Illusen's team. I don't actually have either (assuming they'll be handed out later today, though). I don't know if there was supposed to be anything else for helping with the plot. I hope I didn't miss out because of the glitches. I don't think I managed to click every possible location in Meridell, or if the dialogue was supposed to be on the main Meridell page (which I definitely loaded both it and Illusen's page before the time rolled over to the next day). If it was the former and I missed out on a prize, I'm still miffed because I spent over thirty minutes working on festival stuff from all the page timeouts, mostly. If it's the latter and I missed out because it glitched, then I'm fuming, because the dialogue not showing up is ridiculous and not my fault. Hopefully that was all the prizes though.

Anyway, I have to be at work in four hours, so I really need to go back to sleep now. Glad I'm a short cycle sleeper and already caught about 1.5-2 hours!

P.S. Do we know the history of how Illusen "betrayed" Jhudora?

P.P.S. Just opened my last capsule. I got another species specific generic clothing item (Cool Bruce Shoes, which actually aren't cool at all). Can't check the price until I complete the quest, but I assume they're basically worthless.

Weirdly found Swaying Willows in my inventory, which I received at some point after the capsule... Is that an Illusen prize? It's a special item, and I haven't done anything else besides festival stuff.

And I still have all 2160 points left to spend (plus I still need to choose my free NC item before the faeries are all freed). But for now, bed!

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2023 7:42 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

I had 11 Spyders in my SDB. Now I have 10 ;)

I was able to step through all of the dialogs today that I had missed (they were not in my page yesterday).

In addition to the Gold Trophy and the Illusen Avatar, I then got these when clicking on Fyora and stepping through the dialogs (a second time):

For donating the maximum amount of items each day for the entirety of the event you've been awarded with
Illusen Particles

For visiting the Faerie Quest Page each day during the event, you've been awarded with
Woodland Mortog

Both of these are in my inventory, and the Avatar was available.

ETA: I do not have a pending Faerie Quest.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2023 1:13 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Visiting Illusen's Glade gave this:
Quote:
Congratulations
Oh, hello there! Thanks again for all of your help at this year's Faerie Festival. Here, please take this token of my appreciation!
Swaying Willows
There is a similar option for the Jhudora's side, by visiting her quests.
Quote:
Congratulations
For your recycling efforts in this year's Faerie Festival, a shiny new trophy has been added to your User Lookup. Enjoy!
For supporting Illusen, you've been awarded the Team Illusen Avatar!
ImageTeam Illusen

NEXT

For fully experiencing the story you've been awarded with
Treehouse Background
For donating the maximum amount of items each day for the entirety of the event you've been awarded with
Illusen Particles
For visiting the Faerie Quest Page each day during the event, you've been awarded with
Woodland Mortog
Soooo.....I'm really hoping that the weapon is bugged and that they fix it, because I'm not sure how you can possibly get all three of those but not the "participating in the Festival every day" prize of the weapon. I delayed going to get my final prizes until now in the hopes that something would be said in the news about it, but nothing was even mentioned about the festival prizes being available.

I am trying to reserve judgement at the moment, but I'm leaning towards extreme disappointment about the weapon right now. The boards/Discord/Reddit have been full of people trying to understand what the requirements are for getting the weapon, but there are no obvious patterns, despite lots of data being collected. I am hoping that something just glitched. Neither weapon is particularly good (both are 8 icon attack, 5 block), but they are good for some of the league battling, at least. I still would've like to have had the weapon, just because it's pretty looking. Also, this would be the first time in a long time (if ever?) that I didn't get the full participation prize, despite trying and thinking I was successful in doing so, and that smarts. Sigh.

One of my kiddos missed out on the background because he only did half of yesterday's dialogue (didn't go to Meridell - I'm not sure how he missed that, but then...as kids do, even if I say something, sometimes it goes in one ear and out the other, so...who knows).

Of all of us, Mr. P was the only one who got the weapon, despite donating max number of items, doing quests daily, and visiting daily, etc. I don't think he did a ruddy thing any differently than the rest of us, other than that he tended to do everything of his later in the evening, with one exception of doing one during the afternoon. The ONLY thing I can think of is that somehow there was a separate tracker for the "participating in the festival every day" and that maybe it started at the same time the event started with at 24-hour counter, and so if you did some of your quests/donations in the evening one day and then early in the morning the next day, it wouldn't count as "separate days" for that specific tracker....which would be ridiculous, if that's the case, because obviously you participated every day if you received the other three prizes. So...I don't know.

I'll update the first post maybe tomorrow, with the rest of the dialogue. I'm feeling bummed about the mess with the weapon, so....yeah. I'm going to go have some unhealthy chips and queso to make me feel better. :P

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2023 1:36 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Thanks Pickles. I received the Swaying Willows by going to Illusen's glade. Also checked at Jhdora's Bluff - nothing there ;)

I did not get the background, which confirms my thought that since I did not see each dialog on the day-of, I would fail to get one of the prizes. (whups again)

For what it's worth, I had the unhealthy nachos last night for dinner :P

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2023 5:08 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Congratulations
For participating in the Festival every day, you've been awarded with the Glaive of Verdancy

For donating the maximum amount of items each day for the entirety of the event you've been awarded with Illusen Particles

For visiting the Faerie Quest Page each day during the event, you've been awarded with Woodland Mortog

So the site/dialogue glitching last night cost me an item I might have actually used. Bah humbug.

I know I clicked on the picture at the top every day to check for new dialogue, and I also clicked on at least one activity every day of the festival (doing my quests from the link there). Maybe one of those was what counted as participating? It's very strange.

It really stinks that we all missed out on at least one prize even though we all thought we were doing everything. TNT needs to do better at coding/setting expectations/making sure everything works on both mobile and PC/etc.

Thanks for the spyder, Blue! Now I have to figure out how to accept it because I accidentally closed the notification when I tried to accept it. And... Done! I got unspecified stats increased from an earth faerie. Thanks again!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2023 3:51 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Wow, Siniri, you got the elusive Glaive! Congrats! I'm still frustrated by the fact that I didn't. There's been crickets from TNT so far on it, too, which is frustrating. If they don't say anything in today's news, I'm putting in a ticket. Bummer on the glitch that cost you the background, though. Unless they un-glitch it, the glaive is probably worth the same as the background if not more, since so many people didn't get it.

I don't think you had to actually see the comic day of, as BLP definitely missed part of Scene 3/4, but went back and caught up on it on Tuesday, and still got the background. I think you just had to go through all the scenes and have it register on your dialogues tab of the page before yesterday. Once again, would've been nice to know requirements before hand. Hopefully the plot won't be so vague as to requirements for different things.

There is an epilogue in comic version:

So....they're actually tying events together? So the Negg festival hinted at the Faerie Festival, and the Faerie Festival is a precursor to the upcoming plot?
And is that a VOID PAINTBRUSH!?! Please let it be a new paintbrush! Something that looks like a Voidberry in color would be AWESOME!

Also, it looks like this is our villain (or one of the villains): Drakara
Of course, Vira is also involved.

Despite my tentative enthusiasm for the upcoming plot, don't get me wrong: I'm still salty about the weapon, even if it's trash.

...but the chips and queso did make me feel a little better. :P

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2023 8:12 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Wait a sec... The Glaive of Verdancy is for participating every day? I 100% participated every day, but did not realize I needed to read the dialogs every day. I figured that must be why I did not get the Treehouse Background, but what gives, TNT? (The background is insanely expensive right now)

An upcoming evil Faerie plot sounds interesting. Void color would be interesting, too. I still have a dip standing by

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:34 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Yeah... The glitch caused me to just barely miss clicking back on the faerie festival page by midnight for the final dialogue, which is why I missed out on the bg. Maybe I'll submit a ticket. (It was exactly) midnight NST. I spent several minutes trying to get the Meridell dialogue; maybe I should have figured out a little sooner that it just wasn't going to ever load, but that's really not fair. I was punished for the site malfunctioning. I know they won't give me the bg, but at least they'll realize that a hard cutoff like that when the site is often so glitchy isn't really fair.

Edit: I still need to submit that fruitless ticket, but I bought a wearable slorg with the free slingshot.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 6:01 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

So....supposedly they are giving out the missing weapons to those who participated every day at this point. So far, I haven't seen anyone stating they've gotten theirs without putting in a ticket. I'm giving it another day or two, at which point I will submit a ticket for each of my family that are necessary. I never got around to submitting one for myself, so...I guess I'll be included in that.

I'm hoping that they're not only giving to people who submitted tickets, or they're about to get swarmed with more tickets.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:06 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Thanks P! I did not submit a ticket, but will be happy to join the swarm if need be ;)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:17 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Well, I put in tickets on Dec 9th, and today, got responses for all of them...and we have our missing weapons now! Wahooo! (Except for LLP, though the ticket response said he should have it, it didn't show up, but I'm not sure that's because he didn't get the background, either, so I replied for clarification. Hoping to get a response on that, because even if it's that he doesn't get it since he didn't get the background, at least we'll know and I can explain to him and he'll be more mindful during the upcoming plot!)

Now, to spend the rest of my prize points in the shop that is now reopened...

ETA: LLP now has his!! Wahoo!! (Really wasn't sure if he'd get it or not, and he understood that he might not.)

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!