Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:35 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Faerie Festival Event 2023
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 10:41 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Buried Treasure! I knew I'd forgotten something when I was skimming through all the dailies that I had. All of the Buried treasure win items are R102+....except the Yellow Growth, but that's asked for at the Coincidence, so it's expensive and worth selling. Definitely worth doing. (I've been doing it just to try to get that danyed Yellow Growth!) I'll copy all the info into the first post in a few minutes for easier access. :)

Jhudora quest items, yes. Not sure if it's worth it to go for those, but if you're on the lower levels, you might be able to pick up a few before the event ends. But there's a chance you'll run into a quest asking for one of the stupidly inflated FQ items, so....keep that in mind, too. I quit doing kitchen quests during the event because I recognized WAY TOO MANY items in the item request pools as also being kitchen quest items. (This is consequentially how I had a chunk of them already - from when I stocked up of kitchen quest foods 2 months ago on half price day.)

I left Pick Your Own off because the odds of getting something higher than R101 are pretty bad. Neggsweeper the game doesn't give out neggs. There may be some Neggery Neggs that are R102+, but unless they're given out somehow else (like the Bang Bang Negg), they are not likely worth your nps, as Negg prices are still THROUGH THE ROOF.

However, someone on the boards mentioned Cheeseroller. Just make sure to check the rarity of the cheese you're using as a lot of them are R101 - including most of the more expensive ones.

The FAQ clearly states that you can abandon a quest and not miss out on the final prize....you just have to visit every day. (There are multiple places it states this, and they're also copied into the first post in the FAQ's spoiler section.) IIRC, this has been the case every time since they started giving away the "congrats you visited the page" bonus items. You should be good since you visited yesterday and collected your free item. :)

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:14 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Big beefy cheese is pretty cheap to buy for cheese roller, and it's on the list. I made it in 63 seconds today -- just over the cutoff, which means I lost only about 200 NP. Not bad.

I'll just do the dailies as I can. I'm not too worried since I already have enough unless they change things again (and I've got a ton of the R97+ items, too, in case they do. The points don't matter, really, anyway.)

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:19 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Day 5 item: Faerie Queen Snowglobe
Day 5 quest: Fountain - Blueberry Gateaux (had in SDB) - another dip(have not completed quest yet)

Cross painting it will be...once I create a new pet (I do have a plan for this). The one I created for the first dip, I already had all the cross paint clothing for that species that I wanted.
Honestly, I appreciate that they're trying to let people get dream pets, but...for someone who already has most of them (one of which you couldn't get from a FFQ anyway) and most of the cross paints that she wants...I'd rather have the normal quests. The number of FFQ's is actually kinda ridiculous. I mean, I understand it should (in theory) lower the cost of paintbrushes...but...I'm at 3/5 FFQ. I personally would rather have the battledome stats at this point. If everyone takes all 18 quests they can have...at a 1/4 chance of a FFQ, they'll get, on average, 4-5 FFQs. Seems a little crazy when you look at it that way...but I guess people are getting their dreamies to some extent?

ETA: New pet name finally decided upon and created. Gathering cross paint clothing now, but holding off on using the last dip for the moment. If I get another Grey or Fountain, I'll use it and do Halloween or Stealthy. Muahahaha. I wouldn't have chosen this as a pet sooner, but I'll certainly take one now! :lol:

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 8:10 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
Day 5 Daily Reward: Dark Faerie Stamp
Day 5 Quest: Fyora - Stunning Ixi Robe - level (+2) , strength (+5!), and health (+5!) have increased -- a lot!

I added a pet yesterday to use up my FF Dip before collecting the reward on my ffq

Forgot about Cheeseroller. Tried it again today with Sinir's suggestion for Big Beefy Cheese... You Finished in 61 seconds!!! Only lost 30NP.

ETA:
I clicked onthe popup for the invites...
Illusen wrote:
Invitation

Official Faerie Festival Invitation Enclosed!

You've been cordially invited to this year's one and only official Faerie Festival, being held in the woods just outside of Faerieland. We would be honoured if you would join us in celebration of all Faeriekind as well as the beauty of our lovely Neopia. We know you have your choice of festivals, so we hope you will consider attending our stately soiree over any lesser imitations that may be circling about.

If you do choose to attend, please note that the Official Faerie Festival will run from this upcoming Monday until October 19th.

Jhudora wrote:
You're Invited!

This neomail means you are invited to the Real / Fun / Superior Faerie Festival. Lucky you.

This will be a place you can really stretch your wings and cut loose.
Not a snoozefest with snobby small talk!!!
Bring food and any new dark magic spells or weapons you want to test out in an unsafe environment.

Festival Starts Monday and will run until I'm bored of it! Probably around October 19th.

Clicking on "I'd like to Help" makes the popup go away forever(?)

Clicking on Fyora's head on the main page brings up a "Faerie Festival - Chose your side" popup.
Fyora's head popup wrote:

Two Faeries hand-picked by Queen Fyora need your help cleaning up Neopia! Go on Faerie quests, recycle excess items to clean up Neopia, and experience a new story as it unfolds throughout the Festival!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2023 2:14 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Weird, Blue. I thought it would let you click on Fyora again to see it again? Here's hoping there's no lingering issue with that.

On another note, this was posted on Neopet's Instagram:
Quote:
Hello Neopians!
We have adjusted the faerie quest pool throughout the duration of the Faerie Festival to include a far larger range of items. This change was made to negate the rampant inflation of quest items and ensure faerie quests are a fun and exciting activity for all Neopians.
As always, thank you for your suggestions and feedback! ...
And there's a mention of it in the editorial, too:
Editorial 10/6 wrote:
FAERIE FESTIVAL ANNOUNCEMENT
Hello Neopians! We’ve heard your concerns about the Faerie Festival event and have made some adjustments based on your feedback to ensure that this event is more accessible to everyone.
One modification we've already made was to change the faerie quest pool to include a far larger range of items throughout the duration of the Faerie Festival. Another adjustment we're making is that neither NC nor R200 items will be recyclable during the event. Next, we are increasing the maximum number of items that can be donated per day up to 30. And finally, we are adjusting the value of points earned for items. To see the extent of the changes, you can read through the recently updated Faerie Festival and Recycling FAQs.
We understand your frustrations and appreciate those of you who voiced your concerns. Although it may not always seem like it, we are constantly reading your feedback across various platforms, and doing our best to listen and take your notes to heart. We appreciate your patience as we continue to learn and grow as a team, and we will strive to be transparent with our community while making Neopia a welcoming place for old and new players alike!
So....hopefully we'll see those super inflated items come down some?

LLP got a FFQ this evening that I teased him would break the bank. It cost a whopping 15nps. :P

I updated the first post with these new tidbits, plus the invitations you copied in, Blue. :)

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2023 4:27 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Faerie Protractor

Fountain: Funky Space Wig; found it in a shop for 9k. Now I just need to remember to use it before I solve another quest for her. And just finish dailies and read all your paragraphs to make sure there's nothing else I have to do today, and then I can finally go to bed. So tired. And tomorrow I'm working my main job for six hours plus have to go back and forth between four other houses for pet care (three of them twice). I'll need to get gas on the way to/from the main job.

Edit: clicking on Fyora does nothing on mobile.

Last edited by Siniri on Sat Oct 07, 2023 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2023 4:29 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Pickles wrote:
I updated the first post with these new tidbits, plus the invitations you copied in, Blue. :)

Awesome! Thanks Pickles!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2023 12:21 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Have they adjusted the rarity points again, or are they announcing the changes they already made?

Daily prize: Battle Faerie Action Figure
Quest: another fountain. Sheesh!

Autumn Country Road Background

Hmm... better use the other one first. Or maybe see if I want to complete this one first?

It was cheap, and I only have Halloween clothes for my battle pet, so that was easy. Just painted him Christmas, and now I'll go ahead and paint him... *Checks clothes* Oooh, elderly clothes actually look cool, almost royal! Hopefully I can de-age him again before the festival ends.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2023 4:52 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Day 6 Daily Reward: Faerie Accordion
Day 6 Quest: Battle - Coltzan Candy - defence [sic.] (+3), strength (+3), and health (+3) have increased!

Woo Hoo!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2023 7:48 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Day 6 item: Faerie Kacheek Pen
Day 6 quest: Fyora (YAY!) - Curious Usul Hood and Wig (2400nps) - +2 lvl +5hp +5str

Woot! Let's keep those FQ and Battle quests coming! Okay, so I do have ideas for another Fountain or two, but I'm all about getting more HPs, even if I probably don't technically need them.

ETA:
Day 7 item: Enchanted Map of Neopia
Day 7 quest: Grey - Sparkly Celebration Wig (15k) - Str+3 (sigh - don't need strength for my battle pet. And I used the other FFQ just in case, so hopefully I'll get another one so I'll be able to paint the pet I'm looking at her final color eventually)

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2023 4:02 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Faerie lunch box

1900 NP for a Fyora quest. Woohoo!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2023 4:07 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Day 7 Daily Reward: Faerie Lunch Box (Twinsies!)
Day 7 Quest: Grey - Blue Disembodied Tuskaninny Puppet - > Light - +2 levels

Meh. I could go for +Str for MyPet.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2023 2:58 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I won't have time to tackle anything until later, but the prize shops are visible. Illusen's Staff and Jhudoras Bewitched Ring are on the lists. Check out JN's guide for the full prize list.

My biggest question is: what will the day-off prizes do? Glaive of Verdancy and Sinister Scythe both sound....intriguing.

Will update more later.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2023 5:58 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Day 8 Daily Reward: Fire Faerie Wings
Day 8 Quest: Fountain... Refresh... Grey - Gnorbu Wool and Jelly Sandwich -> Water -> + Defense

The price of a Gnorbu Wool and Jelly Sandwich is insane.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2023 8:38 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Day 8 item: Secret Faerie Diary
Day 8 quest: Battle - Celery Salad (~1700nps) - +3 HP +3 def +3 str

I chose not to refresh because it was so cheap and also not a grey faerie. I don't like the randomness of grey faeries - I'd rather refresh on those.

I am seriously torn on who to side with. I mean, the obvious answer is Illusen, because of the I-Staff, but at the same time, I feel like the day-of final prizes might end up better for Jhudora, in terms of weapons. I don't know who to pick. At some point today/tonight, I'll have to decide, in order to get the day-of prize, but...

But seriously as a reminder to everyone:
Join a team and start donating TODAY (10/9)

There will be bonus prizes for donating every day, and if you donate at least 10 items, you get a capsule that has a R90+ item in it (one per day that you donate 10 items).

Sigh. Decisions, decisions....

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next