Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:42 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Faerie Festival Event 2023
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2023 4:28 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

The full omelettes of certain types are also the same rarity. (You can edit the JN search to only reveal the items in that rarity range that are omelettes. It's most of the original ones besides the plain one, but not any of the "new" ones.)

Edit: I was just trying to check the team points and reread Illusen's dialogue. We're supposed to be "picking up trash from all over Neopia." Does the fact that I'm taking it all from my SDB mean I'm technically scamming her? :evil: Maybe Jhudora was trying to tell me something with my daily quest prizes.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2023 6:15 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
I'm culling my SDB as well. I suppose I could drop it first, then pick up the "trash" to donate?

Other than the dump, where do you pick up trash in Neopia?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2023 5:49 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Day 12 item: Dark Faerie Mushroom
Day 12: quest: Grey (refreshed) -> Grey (Hearty Pie - ~50k) - Dark!! +3 HP
Bottled Critters was ~80k (original quest), so refresh saved me 30k. Once again, she was kind enough to send the dark faerie and give me more HPs, which is pretty much all I want right now.

Capsule item: Krawk Island Travel Brochure
Worth about 9k, only R91. Will probably read to my bookworm pet.

Got my I-Staff and I-Negg. One less Negg needed for my gallery now, woot! I'll decide on how to spend any future points later.

There is LOT of new dialogue. I've updated the first post. I will try to add Jhudora side bits if I can get them.

Commentary:
I am giggling all kinds of ways right now.
First, some of the dialogue itself was pretty snarky. "Oh, and playing Trudy's Surprise. Do you know how much you can get if you go consistently?" "Okay, then step outside for a minute." "What on Neopia did she say to you?" "You don't want to know…"
Second, Shiny Obsidians have skyrocketed up to 240nps. Whyyyyy, people? Whyyyyy? :roflol: :roflol: :roflol:
...if they end up being useful, I have plenty. Maybe I should sell a few at 240x their actual value. :P
Third: If all the speculation about that tower turns out to be just for these little bits of an event, I'm gonna laugh even harder. There's been speculation about that tower for a LONG TIME now, and that it'd be involved in the upcoming plot. I would find it highly ironic if it's just for this event instead. :lol:

I could do without the attempts at paralleling politics in the real world, but...eh. There's enough funny bits to override that for me.

Speculation on my part:
There have been a few references to Illusen being "under the weather" and "Who are you kidding Illusen? You can barely stand. I don't know what's wrong with you, but you're in no shape to chase down anyone."
Between this, and the I-staff being in the prize shop, could this lead to Illusen's quests shutting down or being completely revamped? Just wondering.... :thinking:

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2023 7:54 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Day 12 Daily Reward: Make Your Own Faerie Gift Baskets
Day 12 Quest: *sigh* Fountain Faerie - Korbat Pasta and Meatballs ... Refresh.. Grey - Snowy Mansion Background -> Light +2 Levels

In what other time would a Fountain Faerie quest not be exciting? And here I am sighing when I get one :/

Points from current Donation : 80
Total Points : 1000
Total Donations so far : 150
Todays donation count : 30

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2023 3:21 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

That was fun. But also bad timing. My friend asked me to hold her 2yo at our potluck because he was alternating between being over excited and kicking/hitting the other kids, and wanting to be held, but he kicked out and managed to get me right in the chin and snap my neck back. So I really just want to go to bed and hope it's better in the morning. (Can't get mad at him; it was unintentional and he doesn't understand consequences yet, though he can say it, and of course he's starting to get them -- though this was an accident).

Anyway, Fyora herself gave me my bonus today: Translucent Faerie Wings.

Another grey. Refreshing and... Another grey. She wants to patch her holey dress with Cheese Puff Fingers. I don't think that's going to work, but okay...

Got strength for 4.5k. So basically nothing. And I paid an extra 800 NP for it. (Even one of the prior successful refreshes makes up for that several times over, though, so I'm not complaining.)

Time for recycling! Finishing off my omelettes today and moving on to bangbang neggs. And up to 1200 points! Time for a capsule... And an R95 species-specific generic clothing item (Simple Korbat Peasant Gloves) worth ~11k.

Now my thoughts about the plot... I think maybe Illusen is sick from the pollution because she's an earth faerie, so when the land is sick, she is too. (Or maybe I'm projecting Irish fairy lore onto Neopets.)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:46 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Day 13 item: Sands of the Dark Faerie
Day 13 quest: Grey (refreshed) -> Fountain! (2.4k) -> fountain dip (Whew! I hadn't gotten my new pet to her final state which is lab or fountain only, so I'm glad this happened!)

Capsule item: Moltaran Fashion Eyrie Wing Plates
Another bust. Ah, well. I kinda figure with such a limited number of these capsules, I'll probably bust overall. If we had another one of the "donate 5 get a random in the same rarity range" one, I'd have a chance, if only because I've been dumping stuff in my SDB now for literally years. Ah, well.

Re: Illusen sick - yeah, that occurred to me late last night. It would make sense. I guess we'll see.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2023 4:42 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Day 13 Daily Reward: Illusen Waffle
Day 13 Quest: Fountain - Chocolate Covered Carrot ... Refresh... Grey - Dung Taco - Light -- +2 Levels

The Grey Faerie approaches you, sniffling. "I could really use a Dung Taco right now..." Not sure how this will help.

Total Points : 1240
Total Donations so far : 180

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2023 5:23 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Just because you might not be able to taste it as much with a blocked sense of smell, it's still dung. No way!

Quest bonus: Fire Faerie Mushroom
Grey refreshed to Fyora. But the first shop had it at 500k and now I'm blocked... Any help? Snug Hissi Sweater

Or will I just have to cancel it?

1440 points earned.

And time for my capsule... R98 weapon... But the absolute worst thing you could possibly get, since it's got an equal chance of hurting you as your opponent. Amulet of Chaos worth 24k (theoretically).

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2023 7:40 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Day 14 Daily Reward: Faerie Furniture Shopkeeper Stamp
Day 14 Quest: Fountain - Sand Watermelon... Refresh... Grey - Faerieland Travel Brochure --> Rainbow Fountain Faerie... Garrgh. A Fountain Dip. Too bad these do not stack/queue and I have two. Ah well. So it goes.

500k for a snake sweater? Wow. (Check your inbox ;) )

ETA:
Total Points : 1480
Total Donations so far : 210

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2023 5:07 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Day 14 item: Teasqito
Day 14 quest: Grey (refreshed) -> Fountain! (4.7k) -> fountain dip (Got the last color for clothing before her final color with the stored dip, then painted her the final color today. Woot!)

Capsule item: Dark Gnorbu Boots
(At least this one is worth more than 10k? Still not fantastic, but...)

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2023 5:13 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Thanks, Blue! I hope you didn't pay even 10% of 500k for that!

Today's bonus: All About Dark Faeries
Grey refreshed to battle (Haunted Woods Archway, a reasonable 9.8k)

1680 donation points so far. All terror trove scratch cards donated today. Safari Bruce Binoculars (R92 wearable worth 3 figures).

Edit: so glad to see the message P posted while I was writing this. Glad you didn't miss a day!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2023 3:15 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Quote:
Something Has Happened!
Image You are now eligible to use 'Illusen vs Jhudora' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!

Well, that was a surprise. If it doesn't pop up, check your avatars to see if you got it. Some people are not getting the pop up.

Day 15 item: Dark Faerie Bubbles
Day 15 quest: Grey - Avocado Strawberry Smoothie (~5k) - Dark!!! +3 HP

Seriously, if I've not had luck in capsules, I've at least had luck for these last three grey faerie quests!

Capsule item: Tigersquash Blumaroo Biscuit (~12.5k)
Still no R99s for me. :roll:

Yeah, I didn't miss yesterday, but it was REALLY late, because I'm out of town for a wedding (which was yesterday). I'm sorry I wasn't able to help with the quest. I am ready to be home with my kiddos and Mr. P (they didn't come). So. Tired.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2023 5:47 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Day 15 Daily Reward: Jhudora Backpack (Reminds me of the Loungefly Maleficent mini-backpack)
Day 15 Quest: Faerie - Toweringbud (Can't refresh) - Fountain dip (of course)

Before collecting, I changed one of my pets to Halloween. Because I could.

Also received the avatar! Woot!

Total Points : 1720
Total Donations so far : 240

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2023 4:22 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Woohoo, Blue (and Pickles)! Me too!

Fyora gift: Air Faerie Sceptre
Quest: Grey (again again again again, except I can't refresh) Maple Doughnut (something that might actually help her smile more naturally) for 2.5k (the IV8's were trying to sell for 80k!) for... Movement. Really glad I only paid 2.5k for that!

Capsule: R92 NH item (that I'm pretty sure used to be a NQ price, maybe... Or at least some kind of daily prize) worth less than 2k. Light Faerie Lamp

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2023 4:03 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

It appears there are no more daily free items or quests, and that the avvie yesterday was the prize for visiting the quests every day.

My last (Assumably) capsule item was also a bust: Chomby Gentleman Shoes (~28k). I never got a R99 of any sort. Guess my luck is just that bad. Kinda bummed about it, to be honest. Would've been nice to have gotten at least one, even if it was a junky one, but...I guess not.

There is a lot more dialogue. I will update when I have a chance to get to it. Trying to get back into the routine at home again, and it's rough.

ETA: First post is updated (now that I've actually had a chance to go through the dialogue myself). Looks like Siniri's guess was right.

Kinda bummed that there are no more Faerie quests. Was expecting them to continue until the 19th. Ah, well. I got my the last pet to where I wanted, so at least there's that?

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next