For Neopets ONLY discussion.
Post a reply

Lab Ray

Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:05 pm

Now that the Lab Ray is working again and I have an adopted pet (that I don't care so much about), I thought it might be fun to have a thread for "significant" changes. Not so much the +3 HP or +2 Level zaps, but something you feel is noteworthy. I'll start.

...changes to a Blue Scorchio.

I had forgotten that the clothing (that works on the new species) transfers over. The customizations I had on Hippi look better on the Scorchio.

Re: Lab Ray

Sat Jan 13, 2024 1:32 am

I had a zap to Biscuit (Kacheek) just a couple days ago. He went back into the pound and was adopted very quickly! I now have a Grarrl. It took forever to find a name that I was OK with this time - I look for ones with decent names and not tons of numbers so that maybe they'll be more loved when I put them back in some non-plain color. I'm feeding her all the random seaweed/junk from fishing. She's my 9th pet to pull from the pound to lab into something cool and then send back since I got my dream zap last fall. :)

Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:05 pm

Hippi is Zapped ... and he changes into a Green Skeith!!

ETA

...... and he changes Gender!
...... and she changes colour to Split!!

Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:07 pm

I've had no fun zaps in a while. It's been mostly gaining/losing movement, of all things. :p

Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:58 am

These two were the most interesting. At least two "back to level 1" zaps before those.

Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:40 pm

Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:30 pm

... and he changes colour to Halloween!!

Well. That is definitely a good change. With how minimal the species specific wearables are with that color, I believe I will be sending him back to the pound for some lucky person to pick up. Time to go pound surfing again...

ETA:

Adopted a new pet. Went to lab her:

... and she changes colour to Skunk!!

Back to the pound she went, and was adopted and customized within 10 minutes. O.o

Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:03 am

Awesome!

Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:26 am

... and she changes colour to Mutant!!

I would totally be excited, but it REALLY doesn't go with her name...

Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:38 pm

Perhaps it does... She now has an unfailingly optimistic outlook to have a better color :lol:

Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:14 pm

... and she changes colour to Snot!!

Clearly she is not optimistic ENOUGH! OMW. Come on, lab ray! Something more appropriate for the name! :wall:

Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:41 pm

That' snot so bad. Or perhaps it is. The eternal optimist?

Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:39 pm

I had to check her name. She should be Polynesian... So Island, maybe?

Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:16 pm

... and he changes colour to Fire!!

Cool. Looks much better now.

ETA:

... and he changes colour to Spotted!!

Ugh. Looks much worse now.

Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:38 pm

Okay, so after a couple of species changes...today, I got this:

... and she changes colour to Pink!!

Pink Lenny definitely works well enough for the name. Fixing the gender back to female and then sending her back to the pound. :) Time to find a new pet to zap!

ETA: Next labbie didn't last long.

Third zap...

... and she changes colour to Disco!!

Back to the pound and another one to start zapping tomorrow.

Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:09 pm

... and she changes into a Green Elephante!!

Not sure what species goes best with my labbie's name. Could be that her original species was best :roll:
Post a reply