Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 2:39 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: OMG look at this!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 12:03 am 

http://www.neopets.com/randomfriend.pht ... =watchexel
Nice trophies lol! I kinda agree with what he says tho. Oh well.

---
transparent

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 12:09 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

It's a rant, a protest against TNT. I don't really support his stand though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 12:34 am 
PPT God
PPT God

um thats a bit out there for a stand, tnt do help people, and if he believes that all top scorers are cheaters, whats he doing with so many trophies, and very little evidence of that in his account?

he might have good reason, but tnt do care for their users, i had a productive talk with some of the support staff who helped me regain the password *which i forgot :oops: * of my gallery account within a week, and i'm a practical nobody in neopia. so they do help and care. :)

If you see my sanity, get it to give me a call.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 12:36 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Definitely a noble stand, I almost agree with it. Neopets is getting too commercial. Cheaters get away with it every day. Scamemrs stay on, and innocent people get to carry on. When I got scammed, I was somehow frozen... The scammer still isn't frozen, though I forgot his username... TNT need to buck their ideas up. If they don't get to work soon, popularity will probably start to decrease soon, they are more conecerned about making money that our enjoyment now :evil:

It will likely get removed soon, so here it is:

Quote:
All topscorers are cheetahs. Neopets is all about the benjamins. They br_eed a constant need for neopoints, for avatars, for stamps. Anything for inflation. So people spend more time on the game. So neopets gets more money from their sponsors. McDonalds, Disney. All one happy commercial global family. Neopets doesn't care about anyone. Unf:air fre:ezings, gli:tches. Unless you're rich and powerful they don't want to know your name. You're not a cheetah? Maybe not yet. I used to play just to take care of my pet. But the sponsors don't care about that. Neopets sca:mmed and scr:ewed me over. If you're not a cheetah then that's why you're not the best. Neopets was made for cheetahs. Wether they're conscious about it or not. Long live the mighty dollar! Long live the mighty neopoint! Don't forget, this is all about competition and addiction. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- email me at mailto:hawkingscross@hotmail.com if you have comments. This profile will get fr:ozen soon. But don't worry, I'll be be back ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 12:37 am 

autechre wrote:
if he believes that all top scorers are cheaters, whats he doing with so many trophies, and very little evidence of that in his account?

I think probably he got his scores to draw attention to his lookup so people would read his opinions.. just a theory anyway.

If you're going to censor my sig again please just ban me and get it over with.
http://Link Not Allowed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 12:41 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Location: Faster than a speeding IM! Stronger than an ox on steroids! Pinker than a bottle of Pepto-Bismol!
Sounds like it and it does work. When you get first place, everyone innundates you with neomails inviting you to join guilds, questions or just begging for things. It's a quick attention drawer.

Hold onto your seats people... the SL is back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 12:47 am 
PPT God
PPT God

tnt do try their best though, okay not their best, but they do get alot of the scum around neopets, out of the 5 times i reported scammers, all of them have ended up frozen, in a time frame of 1 hour to 3 days, so its not like it doesn't happen at least.

true neopets are more comercial now, and they could do with focusing away from that tcg which most people don't play, but still, they do keep the site free, and add interesting new content, and um try to keep things on plan, although the plots need a bit more work :P

i'm not saying that he doesn't have a point, i agree with it to a certain extent, but i think his stance is a little too extreme, tnt do try to make things accessible :)

If you see my sanity, get it to give me a call.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 1:49 am 

he's got a debate going lol http://www.neopets.com/neoboards/topic. ... c=25881956

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 2:10 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

The guy has just gotten his account disabled..... that was to be expected though.

He has a point though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 2:12 am 

I don't think he's gone for good though.. http://www.neopets.com/randomfriend.pht ... my_lookup4

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 2:23 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I doubt it'll do much than make a few people realize what's wrong with the site. Yes, Neopet's popularity will decresase over time if this guy has a big impact, but the popularity will decrease anyway, like all of the other big, popular things before it (like Pokemon). Except Neopets has sponsers, therefore it'll probably last a long time even if people are tired of it.

I'm not anti-Neopets, they do help get rid of some of the scammers, many of which from people reporting them. I think if Neopets should improve, they should teach the members how to identify scammers (some still don't know), give the public what it wants (like Neoschools), and lessen the amount of sponser ads per page, if not get rid of them all together. The sponsers will still have their games, which can be put into a separate category.

Yes, I'm still alive...still alive...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 2:25 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

He's gonna be frozen in a few hours though, or perhaps even minutes I bet. There'll probably be a sad person who will report him.... :cry: :cry::cry: :cry::cry: :cry::cry: :cry::cry: :cry::cry: :cry::cry: :cry::cry: :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 2:28 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

bluejeanskittie wrote:
He's gonna be frozen in a few hours though, or perhaps even minutes I bet. There'll probably be a sad person who will report him.... :cry: :cry::cry: :cry::cry: :cry::cry: :cry::cry: :cry::cry: :cry::cry: :cry::cry: :cry:

He'll probably create another account. He did so pretty quickly when his first one was frozen.

Yes, I'm still alive...still alive...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 4:05 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Location: I have gone to go look for myself, if I come back before I return, please keep me here.
I think that it is funny that his neopet on his new account is suffering from "lumps", meaning it looks like it has just been beaten... by an angry mob of TNT members! :lol: am I the only one that finds this a bit funny?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 4:10 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

The boy's an idiot.

He also needs to learn how to type currectly.

Honk Honk Honk $#%#$% honk hooooonk.

- Honk

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next