Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 2:42 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
 Post subject: New-style restocking?
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 2:57 am 

Hi all! Sorry if this has already been discussed to death, but I've been away from Neopets for a while and didn't see anything about it on these temporary boards.

Anyhoo... what's the consensus on restocking with the new "Kauvara's Code"? It seems to be harder, but is it just harder for everyone, which means that the people with fast connections still win-- it just takes longer? Or are there new tactics?

J.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 3:10 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

yes it's definitely tougher. with restock rates dropping and the magic code, the advantage swings heavily to the person with a good pc, internet speed and fast typing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 3:28 am 

I know it seems harder at first but it gets easier after a while. I came back last week after a long break and its took me untill now to get used to the code but i think its a good thing, it means you rely on skill slightly moreso than internet speed - just my opinion though.

Safe.
Al.

Oooooooohhh look... Al_Dogg's back

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 3:57 am 

The restock rate is higher than before. 9 restocks per hour.

As for the kauvara codes, they allowed me to buy stuff I wouldn't normaly have time to buy before. With some practice, fast typing become natural. I don't have great internet speed, only dsl, but I can restock at 3 shop at the same time: choco, food, stamp. It takes some time but after awhile, you know what's the good stuff are and your reaction time is alot faster.

Due to the inflation, most of everything is profitable. That create 3 kind of restockers. Very high speed connection try for the UB in petpet shops and such which net hundred of thousands of np but it's very hard. Good connection go for main shop which net 2k-10k profit per item quite nicely. Low connection may think they don't have a chance but they can still gain quite alot of money. It takes patience but you can gain np steadily. Take the card shop or the furniture shop and learn to haggle. You can often buy things at 50-55% of the original price by haggling. Usual profit is around 300-3k np in the card shop on the more common cards. Make up the low gain by quantity. People with good connection won't compete with you anyway. While they fight eachother to get those rarer items, you can buy stuff at your own pace and still make quite alot of neopoints.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 4:01 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Location: I have gone to go look for myself, if I come back before I return, please keep me here.
I hate it, I can usually never tell the difference between some letters (k and x for example)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 4:01 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Yes, this Kauvara code has been there for about 2 months about (maybe longer).

Personally, I love it. It's so much easier to get items now. I've gotten my first unbuyable and other unbuyables since they added this code.

But the thing I don't like is that all the items come in almost at once in a restock.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 4:04 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I love the code, mainly because I have a bad PC, bad internet speed but good typing skills 8)

I don't like the "item rush" either, but what can we do...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 4:16 am 

the code gets easier and easier, if you pay alot of attention you will notice that there are only about 20 different codes and once you've remembered them you will be able to touch type them eventualy.

Safe
Al

Oooooooohhh look... Al_Dogg's back

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 6:12 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I guess I kind of like the code better. Well, sometimes. I'm still kinda angry about the Shadow Shoyru Morphing Potion I missed out on because I typed in the wrong code. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 7:00 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Al_Dogg wrote:
the code gets easier and easier, if you pay alot of attention you will notice that there are only about 20 different codes and once you've remembered them you will be able to touch type them eventualy.

Safe
Al

I've noticed that also. I get the same code sometimes 3 times in a row. It's nice :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 8:54 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I have mixed feelings about the code, haven't been able to do as good at restocking as before but I have been able to get a few things that before I normaly couldn't get so that's good.

all in all I think I like it

Image~My Neko Set!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 9:45 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I've never been a restocker. Tried it once and failed horribly. Seems like this new code helps people who haven't gotten anything before, but are fast typers. Hm...

jskldfnweuicfnh

^ I typed that pretty quickly. Maybe I should try restocking again. If I get something decent, I may become a fan of this Kauvara code.

Set by robot. Van Den Hoogenband is the best name, ever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 9:58 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

They restock more often now. I've gotten better at it with practice, though I still just troll in the pharmacy. I think we're in an age where 56k is really outdated, and while there are some circumstances when you just can't get cable/dsl, for the most part people need cable/dsl to do anything efficiently on the net. I don't know why AOL still has so many users, it is not easy to use. I goto my friends house and all it is, is a giant distracting GUI that makes me want to scream...

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]