Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 6:47 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 11:17 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

I feel your pain. The same thing happened to me TWICE.

"If you're lucky, I might just settle with eating your firstborn."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 12:12 am 

I appreciate and sympathise with your problem and agree that TNT should have done something about this problem to stop it before it got started.
I would hate to get to that kind of Level and then get cut off. I got as far as the Honey Potion once and that would have made me hopping mad had they cut me off just beforehand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 1:20 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Quote:
There is this one scam (look at the shop _rainbowstore_) I fell for, and reported, and TNT did NOTHING. They did not freeze the scamme, they did not WARN the scammer, and they didn't mke him give me my Rainbow Sink back

I just reported this guy again so that TNT does get to freeze him. Seriously though, didnt warning bells go off in your head when you saw that the 'winners' all had really empty looking lookups ??

As for giving the sink back, thats a definite no no. TNT didnt force you to give him your stuff and it's not their fault that you trusted him so you're not getting it back. Thats much different from glitches though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 3:04 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

well, a reason why many of us, more down to earth players are getting the bad deal is not just due to those scammers and dishonest players but also becoz of those overzealous neopolicing players. i read on another thread that one of the neostaff admitted that they received some many reports per day that it is possible that they may overlook certain cases. in a way, i actuallt sympathise with them! (oh no, i can't believe i actually think that).
imagine this, for every reportable case of rules-breaking, there are at least 10 clicks on the "report this link". moreover, you got to take into account players who report every off-topic threads in the neoboards and oversensitive players who like to make a mountain out of a mole hill. it's not difficult to imagine there are 10 of thousands of reports.
this leads to 2 scenario:
neostaff are so overwhelmed by reports that they got "careless"
they got so many reports from the same player that they start taking that player less seriously.

players so abused the report link facility that it has become more of a hinder than improve the efficiency of cracking down on the real scammers. a fitting analogy is like visiting the ER when you catch a small cold.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2