Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Wed Jun 05, 2024 10:37 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Help needed
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 3:39 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Hi.

A mth ago, i posted a help msg saying i was hacked and self-frozen by the hacker. thx to some helpful ppt-ers, they finally unfroze my account.

however, i found that 60 million worth of items went missing (jade ss, gsword etc.) and the cause of the hacking is because the hacker used a hacking program on my hotmail a/c, then sent a request for lost password and got my neopets password. so its not really falling for a scam or anything, hence i rilly want to get my items restored.

any suggestions how i go abt doing tt?

btw, thanx for ur helps, ive managed to unfreeze the a/c in 1 mth!

and yes, i feel like writing snail mail to them, but the ppt msgs were cleared. cld someone send me their add. again?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 3:47 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Congrats! Wish i could do more :(

.:.^By WebKitty^.:.

RAWR! I R BD CHATTER!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 3:51 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

First, congratulations on getting your account back! Especially in under a month. That must be some kind of record.

I hope you're using a different, more secure email. Hotmail and Yahoo are both (as it appears any web based email) very easy to "crack" and from there, get any and all information, not just your Neopets account.

As far as getting hacked items back, to my knowledge people do not get items/np replaced. If I'm wrong, then I apologize. But I've never heard of anyone who got anything back. When I was scammed (a long time ago - fake log in page) I did get my account back, but all the np were gone and were not replaced. I was just happy that my pets and items were miraculously still there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 5:22 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Location: Faster than a speeding IM! Stronger than an ox on steroids! Pinker than a bottle of Pepto-Bismol!
I echo what everconfused said.

Congratulations on getting your account back, especially that fast. However, I don't think you will be able to recover your neopoints and items. Many people have had this happen to them and to my knowledge, not one of them were able to recover anything (unelss you're a really well known battledomer). It's unfair, but all we can do is just soldier on.

Hold onto your seats people... the SL is back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 2:18 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

congrats on getting your account back, and i hope you get your items back

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 9:27 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

thx. i know its quite fast.

can anyone can provide me with the address again?

and anyway, the loss i made is rather large dont u think: SoS, Jade SS, winged scarab and G-sword. arent these the weapon lineups of good bdomers? :cry:

plus i dint lose my items coz i fell for a scam. the hacker hacked into my hotmail account. ): i put in as much effort as i can to get my stuff baq... the feeling of starting over a 60 mil account is.... BLEH.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 10:44 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

hi congrats on getting your account back!

however to my knowledge, except for a *select few players* nobody ever gets their item replaced after they lose it. good luck trying to convince them though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 11:12 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

yes. i m surprised myself tt they unfroze me in a mth!

but ill get to the bottom of this...i spent a loong loong time to get all those good BD items...jade ss alone took me 6 months

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]