Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:17 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Game Similar to Neopets but Newer so easier for new users
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:50 am 

I like it A LOT better than Neopets..its easier..more fun..and more user friendly. It's also a lot less crowded so the features(such as neopets "rainbow fountain" that never works) are always working. It's also constantly getting updated and new features are being added everyday. And instead of pet pets theres things called minis that are miniature animals that can help you with quests..its pretty cool. If you click this link you should be taken to a referral program just continue it, I believe its faster than normal registration. AND NO I didn't make this post just for referral. I want some more friends on powerpets instead of neopets...so if you do register leave your name on powerpets in this thread and ill send you a f/r.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:28 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I signed up (not from the referral link though) and had a wee look around. From what I've seen, its a bit of a rip off from Neopets, nothing really seems to make it distinct from Neopets. The games are quite good, but overall there's a lot of unneeded stuff.

There doesn't seem to be the attention grabbing factor that Neopets has, I don't think I could spend more than an hour or two on this before getting bored.

Additionally, your post was a bit harsh towards Neopets. The Rainbow Fountain is "broken" because you need to complete a Fountain Faerie quest to access it, its not a case of "go here at a certain time and use it." Additionally, Neopets is a lot easier to navigate, has a lot more content and (despite your claims that features don't work because of overactivity) is hardly ever down. It may get laggy during plot times such as the Haunted Woods Plot, but I think the fact that they have millions of users accessing many pages without having problems 99% of the time is an incredible effort, and not a case of a poor site/server.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:58 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

...not going to lie...it doesn't seem any easier to navigate than Neopets. Also, the layout does seem a bit of a rip off...and the Rainbow Fountain isn't broken, you just have to get a quest from a certain type of faerie to be able to access it. And I agree with the_dog_god that it is really impressive that Neopets is able to run as smoothly as it does with as many users as it has.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:01 am 

I understand what you mean, but its just that when neopets first started out it was somewhat easy to figure out for new users, but now I think it could be EXTREMELY confusing for new users. And I don't get me wrong I love neopets , I just like this one better. And you put out a good argument, the site is kinda bland. Once you get involved in powerpets though its endless quests back to back thats why I like it more.

-----
btw, what unneeded stuff where you talking about?

Twiz Edit: Please do not double post. :) Your posts have been merged. If you need to add something to your post, please use the edit button located above.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:42 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

The layout on that site is -really- bad quality.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]