Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 10:33 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Making a Site...
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:04 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

So, I've decided to start my own little "project," and lo and behold...it will be a Neopets related site. In fact, it will be centered on the Advent Calendar: a history, faq, tips, analyses, past prizes, animations, etc.

I'm building and running (neat little program lets my laptop run as Apache so I can fool with PHP) the site on my laptop until I think it's substantial enough to buy a domain and hosting for it. If the whole thing meets my (high) standards, I could have it up in a month.

Now, my question is...what kinds of things do you think would be good to mention on this site? So far I have FAQ, History, Prizes Summaries for each year (breakdown of types, for example how many books, food items, etc), Complete Prize Lists for each year, flash animations, info on the Winter Sidebar, and I'll probably address some of the glitches as well. Of course, there will be special updates and other things for when the Advent Calendar is active.

That was everything I added during my 5 hour coding marathon session until 2am last night. Anything else you think would be worth adding?

Please help my dragons grow and give a click!

Post subject: Re: Making a Site...
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:13 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

That sounds really good! I can't think of anything else at the moment, but if I do, I'll tell you. :)

I don't exist. omo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:16 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I figured it would make sense for me to make one...I do have prizes from the first Advent Calendar, after all (some of them...there were only a few unique ones that year, the rest were things like Oranges and none have the "Given away for Advent Calendar" in the description). Lots of research to be done for that early stuff. :D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:48 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Well, there is TNT's little practical jokes. ie. The Pant Devil steals the Rod of Supernova, or the whole attack pea thing.

I suppose they could just be listed with the prizes, but since they're technically not, maybe they could have their own little section under history maybe? I don't know. :)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:47 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Location: Faster than a speeding IM! Stronger than an ox on steroids! Pinker than a bottle of Pepto-Bismol!
Hmm how about making the site then we'll have a look and it'll be easier to make suggestions. :)

Hold onto your seats people... the SL is back.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:44 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Working on it as fast as I can, oh-wise-one :) I just have to pretty much finish it before buying a domain and hosting and uploading it.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]