Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 6:20 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 11:45 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

MarchingTwinkie3 wrote:
I thought Pixar was involved somewhere... My mistake; sorry!

I did as well. I thought it was like Cars, Toy Story and the others. ^^;;

The World's Fastest Indian. Pretty good.
I pretty much love that guy now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 2:02 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Love Actually: Way too many things going on at once, but it was a good movie. Hugh Grant is love.

"I'm not superstitious, but I'm a little stitious."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 3:33 pm 

Fracture--I liked it. I'm a sucker for the evil criminal genius. Especially when he's played by Sir Anthony Hopkins.

Bean--HILARIOUS! Great if you're a fan of Mr. Bean or slapstick humour, or even if you just want a movie that you don't have to think too much about.

The Quiet--Meh. It's like they turned the plot of the song "Janie's Got a Gun" into a movie, only with a bratty blonde popular cheerleader and a deaf girl. Not the worst movie I've seen, but far from the best.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 9:08 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Shrek the Third was pretty good, but I found it contained quite a bit of jokes about bodily functions. Ahh kids and poop..morning breath..basically anything nasty makes them laugh.

And if anyone is familiar with Potter Puppet Pals well, their Merlin is a copy cat of the Dumbledore Puppet. I mean, he wants a hug and he also has a robe just like the Potter Puppet Pals Dumbledore, and it just barley covers all the essentals. It is very very simular. I didn't think Merlin was that funny, but I've seen the joke already, so it just wan't funny this time.

The baby ogres were very cute though. I'd probably watch another pixar movie about the babies. There wasn't enough babies in the movie, just a bit in the end. I wanted to see more of them.

Really all the funny parts, or most of them, were already shown in the previews. It was a good movie, but I just didn't laugh much because I already had seen all the funny parts.

Overall I liked it. I just love Shrek anyway, but it seems everyone had a bit of a personality change in this move, and they all got more ignorant.
They seem to constantly be trying to make us laugh, without quite doing so.

I bought Pan's Labrynth. I didn't like it much. Too depressing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 6:00 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I saw Shrek the Third as well. Smudge gives a pretty decent review: it's good, and it's Shrek, and it's funny, but the MOST funny bits are in the previews.

However, I found myself laughing quite a bit in the movie, even at the parts that were in the previews--these parts were usually expanded. I.E, Snow White singing nicely with her animal friends, and then suddenly singing some Led Zeppelin as she sends them to attack her enemies; what you don't see in the preview is that she sings a full out song before hand, which makes it better (especially when you think about how it is Amy Poehler who is voicing Snow White). There were a lot of hilarious parts that were not in the previews, too.

The only thing about it that I didn't like were a) too many characters, which seems to be a theme in the threquels this season, which didn't get used up to their potential, and b) unlike the other Shrek movies, where the message of "beauty is within, you can do anything, etc" was really well worked in, this one seemed to emphasize it SO much to the point of outright saying it. Kinda corny.

But definitely go see it if you liked the other Shrek movies. You won't be saying "This was the best one" but you'll be amused to a satisfactory level (I think).

ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 5:21 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Location: In Kreludor, hangin with the Space Faeire. Or in Shenkuu, rushing some rivers. Set by me.
I, too saw Shrek the Third. I thought that it was overall a good movie. I, also especially liked the scene where Snow White was singing to all of the animals, and then went evil with Led Zeppelin's "Immigrant Song".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 8:49 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

(I wish people wouldn't give out spoilers in here. :( )

Anyway, Spiderman 3. Pile of overrated crap. Seriously.

It's coming...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 9:09 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Twinkle wrote:
(I wish people wouldn't give out spoilers in here. :( )

Completely agree with you :/

ImageImage

Boom-shaka-laka! Rawr come and join us in the Randomness
Sig Halloween'd by Tom!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 9:22 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I also saw Shrek the Third. It was pretty good, there were many amusing moments. I didn't like it as much as the others, but I didn't think I would. It was better than I expected it to be though. :)

Set by Moogie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 4:14 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Heh. Looks like Shrek the Third is the movie of the weekend. My husband and I took my little brother to see it tonight - we all enjoyed it! My brother was laughing so hard he couldn't stop during one scene! Anyways, definitely something I'd go see again.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 5:06 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

smudgeoffudge wrote:
The baby ogres were very cute though. I'd probably watch another pixar movie about the babies. There wasn't enough babies in the movie, just a bit in the end. I wanted to see more of them.

It's not Pixar. It's Dreamworks. BIG difference.

Evisceration is a sign of respect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 1:51 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Pirates.

There is only one word that can possibly describe this film:

This is the most amazng film ever and everyone should see it because it has the most amazing plot ever and its sooooooooo much fun to watch and if you dont watch it then youre not very smart so go watch it right now because its the most awesome movie ever in every describable way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 2:02 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: BrokenSea Audio Drama Productions. Thanks Bangel for the set!
Spiderman 3. It sucked. Bigtime. Too much empahsis on lovey/sad/doe-eyes, special effects, and sappyness and not enough action. The plot stank, the only good thing were the special effects.

*/*****

Shrek 3: Cute. Not as good as 1, better than 2. Very funny parts, not extremely original though.

***/*****

PPT'S OFFICAL VOICE ACTRESS! (click image for link)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 9:24 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

The Hostel.

Okay. It was gory, it was funny (To my derranged mind anyway) it was this and that.
Don't see myself bothering to watch it again though, It neatly explained Why it was all happening (And I can buy it happening too) but it still felt. Empty.

I probably watched something else too...
Oh yeah, Pokemon whatever number it is.
Manaphy is freakin adorable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 11:59 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

"Everything is Illuminated"

Gosh.. talk about touching! It starts out hilarious, and than gets deeper and deeper.. and sweeter, and than you end up crying, and going back to laughter. And it's just such an amazing movie. I thought the book was good! The movie was amazing! So beautifully filmed too.

From WIS! (Thank you!)
Please keep your signature within the 400x100 px limit.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next