Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 5:38 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Last Movie You Watched & What You Thought (Split @ 13)
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 9:39 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

3lla wrote:
just a heads up to everyone, stick around after the credits. There's a little surprise and It's worth it :D

Except for those of us who heard the announcement months ago :lol:
(A surprise, I mean)

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 10:20 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Stardust. It was pretty decent.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 11:19 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Well first of all I thought this movie was alright. Way over hyped though, definitely didn't live up to expectation. I did like Mutt's(LaBeouf) motorbike and his hat <3
I found it very much farfetched to be honest. Aliens? Killer Ants? Surviving 3 waterfall drops?!
Oh come on. :roll:
I was impressed by Harrison Ford though, I found it quite incredible that he did alot of his stunts(so I've heard!) plus there were some moments of the movie that I did quite enjoy. One of those moments would be the motorbike chase, I found it very fun and exciting aswell as gutsy. Another would be the scene in the lead up to the motorcycle chase, set in the cafe/chokolit shop. I just laughed when you see things suchs as the seperation between Dandies and Squares(Bad-boys and Goody-Goodies).
In truth, this movie was disappointing for me. As much as I like Cate Blanchett I really just could not stand her character. What the hell was she supposed to be?! A KGB mindreader? I just found it all to be a bit confusing really......
I was very hyped to see the character Marion Allen again though. I thought it was great that producers and such resurrected an original character. I was annoyed at the character of 'Mac' throughout most of the movie. His accent just smurf the hell out of me, and I'm ENGLISH!!

Last point for the movie. I was slightly disappointed by the beginning. No big Indiana Jones text? what happened there?
But for me, they made up for that with the warehouse scene. I just went all giddy when they show that small scene with the broken box and you can see the Ark of the Covenant.

I will say that I actually liked Shia La Beouf. I don't know if it was the whole James Dean/Marlon Brando look about him or if it was just the motorbike, but he managed to make me swoon just the tiniest bit. :oops:
All in all though, I will say that if you want to preserve your love of Indy, avoid this movie unless you are really tempted. I recommend that you stick to the first three films, but if your looking for something farfetched and fun then grab some friends and have an Indiana Jones Marathon with the first three movies prior to seeing this one. It'll help dust some cobwebs and clear up a few things that you may have forgotton. :)

set by Sakura

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 7:01 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Saw the new Indiana Jones movie and loved it. I thought it really kept to the spirit of the films and it was a really good time.

I loved how, at the end, Mutt sees the hat land on the floor in front of him and goes to pick it up, but Indy beats him to it. Just because you're pushing 65 and hitched doesn't mean you have to pass the torch.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 9:49 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Watching little birds fly kamikaze missions into the walls.
I went to see Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skulls yesterday and I honestly think it's one of the worst movies I've ever seen. George Lucas and Steven Speilberg should both be shot, or at least not allowed to make another movie. It was not an Indiana Jones movie - it was Tomb Raider meets War of the Worlds. And as much as I loved Marion Ravenwood, boy does she look old - she definitely isn't the same personality as in the first movie, which made me sad. A lot of people complained that Cate Blanchett did a terrible job, but honestly, I think she did really well with the crap she was given to work with. Ugh, in the end, it was a horrible, horrible movie.

It was an honor serving you PPT. I will miss you.
Click here to join my new werewolf forum!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:22 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

What Happens In Vegas - Very funny movie, however it did move a bit too fast for my liking. Definitely a nice movie to watch if you just want to sit back and relax!

Set by Medli

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:56 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Strangers - I jumped a couple of times and it did have some good suspenseful moments, but the end was horribly anti-climactic.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:15 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Atonement. I don't really know what to think. It felt like the story was hastily put together. It wasn't as epic as I thought it would be. I would like to read the book now.

The ending made up for the rest of the movie, I think. Robbie's death was predictable, but Cecilia's was kind of sad. Although I did think she had when the old Briony was talking about the book.

Anyways, the movie was alright. I did enjoy the lovely British accents and such. Jolly nice slacks indeed!

[Manufactured by Byakuya San]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:53 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Watching little birds fly kamikaze missions into the walls.
Sex and the City - Very slow at the beginning with too much backstory, though it did get better about halfway through. It was pretty predictable for a majority of the movie, and I was somewhat disappointed in how quickly a certain something resolved.

Did anyone else think that Carrie got over being upset with Mr. Big really fast?

It was an honor serving you PPT. I will miss you.
Click here to join my new werewolf forum!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:38 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Regan wrote:
Atonement. I don't really know what to think. It felt like the story was hastily put together. It wasn't as epic as I thought it would be. I would like to read the book now.

The book is actually quite good. I'm reading it currently, but I think what you have to understand is that the movie is supposed to seem that hastily put together. I've found that with Ian McEwan's novels that they are jumbled and almost seemed as if they have been put together in a rushed state. But that's just me........

I'm Not There
This movie seriously at first confused me.....all the shifts between black and white to colour aswell as the constant character switching I found was very much giving me a headache and also gave me little chance to truly judge the movie since I hardly had any chances to think!
Other than that, I did quite enjoy how bizarre this movie could seem.
Cate Blanchett did certainly impress me, if it weren't for her nails then I would seriously believe her to be a man. Apart from my lack of attention to this movie, I really did love the clothes. <3

Notes On A Scandal
To be perfectly honest, this movie fascinated me. Judi Dench always kept kept me on the edge of my seat, with her perfect sense of wicked humour and dry characteristics. It truly just kept me watching. As for Cate Blanchett, she too just pulled me deeper and deeper into the movie, almost engrossing me with her elegant aura and icy gazes. The acting in this movie was really just top notch, the combination of Bill Nighy, and the stories two leading ladies aswell as the young man(who's name I haven't yet found out!) aswell as other supporting characters was just almost poetic to watch really.
There were just times when the story confused me, but I'm sure all my questions would be answered if I had the chance to watch it again.

I recommend both to anyone who wants to engross themselves with serious plots and great acting.

set by Sakura

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:05 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

May wrote:
Sex and the City - Very slow at the beginning with too much backstory, though it did get better about halfway through. It was pretty predictable for a majority of the movie, and I was somewhat disappointed in how quickly a certain something resolved.

Did anyone else think that Carrie got over being upset with Mr. Big really fast?

It was a chick flick. And if I remember, not a very long one. XD
She had to forgive him pretty quick! x)

Also, who wants to guess who gets the rights to air it on premium?! XD

Night at the Museum - ...again.
So awesome it's hard not to watch it again.
I still quote the Easter Island Head, though. "Dum-dum, you better run-run from Attila the Hun-hun!"

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:10 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Narnia 2: Prince CaspianI just seriously cant be bothered to type out the whole title...
I'm going to keep this short. I was annoyed by many things in this movie, but all in all I enjoyed it.
I do have to admit that I was secretly swooning for Caspian..........and his Friesian horse :P
The big black horse he rides in the movie for those of you that dont know horses
:D

set by Sakura

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:25 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Ratatoille - Most of the people I know who watched this movie thought it was great. I, however, do not. Maybe I'm a little biased after watching Persepolis and not understanding how that movie could lose to a kids animation flick. I just didn't find Ratatoullie funny. I did like the little DVD extra that had the history of rats. That was probably the best thing about this movie, and it wasn't even in the movie!

[Manufactured by Byakuya San]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:10 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Phantom of the Opera
OK, first i never wanted to see it. Then i decided I did want to a few months ago. I hadnt yet and we went to Bealls Outlet yesterday and they had it for like 8 dollars so i bought it to see if i'd like it.
Loveeddd it. And i usually dont like musicals :D

Awesome set by Tomatie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:12 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Kung Fu Panda - :lol: It was a pretty cool film, although I am a sucker for animated movies.

Visit twinskiesnavigator.com and themeteorites.net

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next