Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 6:31 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: The Village
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 10:30 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I can't wait until this movie comes out! It sounds like it'll be absolutely brilliant! (And this movie reminds me of The Time Machine because of the creatures...)

Filmmaker: M. Night Shyamalan
Previous (well-known) films: Signs, The Sixth Sense
Well-known actors in this film: Joaquin Phoenix, Sigourney Weaver, Adrien Brody and William Hurt
Release Date (in the USA): July 30th
Synopsis: Go to the site or watch the trailer to find out what little has been released.

Anyone else planning on seeing this movie?

Read Fast Food Nation by Eric Schlosser.
Watch Love Actually.
Listen to 80s and 90s streaming audio

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 10:33 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I saw the trailer for that movie when we went to see Harry Potter. It really looks awesome. It's too bad I don't see horror movies anymore because this one is really intriguing. :)

Image Image
<3 Divas rock! Click to join. <3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 10:35 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Jasujo wrote:
I saw the trailer for that movie when we went to see Harry Potter. It really looks awesome. It's too bad I don't see horror movies anymore because this one is really intriguing. :)

lol Can't you make an exception? Or is it because of the kid thing? hehe Wait until it's out on DVD I s'pose.

Watch Love Actually.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 12:20 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I want to see it very badly. Even though 'Signs' was a trainwreck of a movie, 'The Sixth Sense' is one of my favorites.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 12:40 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Fiddelysquat wrote:
I want to see it very badly. Even though 'Signs' was a trainwreck of a movie, 'The Sixth Sense' is one of my favorites.

I thought Signs looked really dumb, so I haven't seen it yet. The Sixth Sense was kick-booty.

Watch Love Actually.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:10 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I thought Signs was great. The Sixth Sense rocked. I didn't much care for Unbreakable, but The Village looks awesome. His movies are just so suspensful, even the preview i saw at the theater made my neck tighten up a little. I can't wait for this one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 2:13 am 
PPT God
PPT God

It is in my opinion that M. Night Shyamalan is just amazing. His movies are so suspenseful and I like his style. I normally don't like scary movies but his twist endings are too intriguing to miss :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 2:48 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I've seen teh preview... and hey... I love being scared.
However, I also have excessive nightmares. And an overactive imagination.
AND since i'll be out in a forested camp for the summer.
I do not look forward to seeing this movie until it's out on DVD, in broad daylight, and with a whole bunch of people, candy and poppedcorn.

Evisceration is a sign of respect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 3:52 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I have to see this when it comes out. Even if I have to drag someone kicking and screaming with me. I love M. Night Shyamalan's movies.

And I thought Signs was good. However, Unbreakable is the one I could stand watching only once. :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 4:30 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: New Zealand Weapon: HaaH Sword Species: Human Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
uniquelyput wrote:
Fiddelysquat wrote:

I thought Signs looked really dumb, so I haven't seen it yet. The Sixth Sense was kick-booty.

Signs was the biggest waste of time ever, 'A tragic family bonds after a a loss whilst being attacked by aliens', and the sixth sense...[stupid] OMG,. lyke he wuz dead! [/stupid]. :lol:

I love horror movies and this'll be another I'll go see as soon as is out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 4:32 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

uniquelyput wrote:
lol Can't you make an exception? Or is it because of the kid thing? hehe Wait until it's out on DVD I s'pose.

No, it's not because of the girls. Well, it kind of is. I used to watch scary movies all the time. I grew up on them. I remember when I was very little and we'd sit with my father and watch horror movies on USA channel's Friday Fright Night and whatever they had on Saturday night as well (I can't remember what they called it). Having kids changes things, though. We used to live out in the middle of no where and I'd be home alone with the girls while Tim was at work. He'd work really late and he had the only car. If I watched something scary, my mind would brew over it changing every little sound into something freaky. If I was alone, it'd be one thing, but to have to worry about my girls, too . . . I agree totally with what ahoteinrun said:

ahoteinrun wrote:
I've seen the preview... and hey... I love being scared.
However, I also have excessive nightmares. And an overactive imagination.
AND since i'll be out in a forested camp for the summer.
I do not look forward to seeing this movie until it's out on DVD, in broad daylight, and with a whole bunch of people, candy and poppedcorn.

(Well, besides the camp part. ;) lol)

I would really love to see it, but I've cut most scary things out for the last 5 or so years. :) It makes it easier to sleep at night. lol

Image Image
<3 Divas rock! Click to join. <3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 4:39 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I love M. Night Shaymalan's movies. They are all wonderfully created and very well thought out.

The Sixth Sense was too scary for me to see. I couldn't watch it because I'm a whimp :P Unbreakable was the movie my teacher kept on playing in Grade 9 Religion. That and Shrek; I hate Shrek now. The movie made sense, it was a tad freaky. Signs was awesome. Pure intelligence went into that movie. Absolutely brilliant. And now The Village looks awesome. Those red monsters look like the Dementors and those hooded things in LOTR.

This is a movie I'll watch for sure :) !

Set by Medli

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 4:42 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Ammer wrote:
I love M. Night Shaymalan's movies. They are all wonderfully created and very well thought out.

The Sixth Sense was too scary for me to see. I couldn't watch it because I'm a whimp :P Unbreakable was the movie my teacher kept on playing in Grade 9 Religion. That and Shrek; I hate Shrek now. The movie made sense, it was a tad freaky. Signs was awesome. Pure intelligence went into that movie. Absolutely brilliant. And now The Village looks awesome. Those red monsters look like the Dementors and those hooded things in LOTR.

This is a movie I'll watch for sure :) !

I misread your post (I thought you'd meant that Shrek has something to do with Shaymalan...but nm now!) and I checked out IMDB. Look at this: Shrek 3! AAAAAAAAH!

Watch Love Actually.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 4:49 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I'll be seeing it. I love his films. I also love the fact that the trailer reveals so little, I like being surprised.

Love is blindness. -- Set by my Secret Santa =D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 4:53 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

HEY YOU!!! BACK OFF!!! IT'S MY JOB TO START THE M. NIGHT SHYAMALAN POSTS!!! :P

But anyways, it looks good.

M. Night Shyamalan Movies:
Praying With Anger (1992) Writer/Director/Producer/Actor Out of 5 Stars
Wide Awake (1998) Writer/Director 2 Out of 5 Stars
The Sixth Sense (1999) Writer/Director/Actor 5 Out of 5 Stars
Stuart Little (1999) Writer Out of 5 Stars
Unbreakable (2000) Writer/Director/Producer/Actor 4 1/2 Out of 5 Stars
Signs (2002) Writer/Director/Producer/Actor 4 Out of 5 Stars
The Village (2004) Writer/Director/Producer/?Actor? n/a Out of 5 Stars

Okay about his acting, in Praying With Anger he was the main character. In The SIxth Sense he played Dr. Hill (The doctor that talked to Cole's mom) In Unbreakable he was a stadium drug dealer. In Signs he was Ray Reddy (the vet that killed Grahm's wife.) He'll probably be in the Village too... He has small parts in his movies as a tribute to Stephen Spielburg and Alfred Hitchcock.

I think he's a brilliant director and writer...

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next