Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 8:03 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: The LOST Thread (split- season 3 onwards)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:42 pm 

Last thread: http://www.pinkpt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=23799
<hr>
You may be asking, "Why the thread revival?"

Well, I'm happy to report that I've found a new DHARMA Initiative video. It's completely real. Just click the link, and then click continue. It takes a little while to load, but it's worth it. If you haven't been following the LOST Experience, the last part won't make sense, but it's worth it to watch the mother of all Orientation films:

http://hansoexposed.com/player/898a754c ... 93e816128c

Also, the show is returning from hiatus on October 4th! Less than a month now! That might be a good time to make a split.

IDB Rater, Pink Inker

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:50 am 
PPT God
PPT God

good call, i was read the EW article about this show. Found a good spoiler:

according to the article, desmond will be back! I'm so happy, he was one of my favorites

my first original set!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:46 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Courtesy of Cleolinda:

Lost Season 3 poster :)

Gone, forever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:32 pm 

Have you guys watched the video though? It's really good stuff. The most important part is something Mittlewerk (the lab coat guy) says:

Quote:
The DHARMA Initiative failed.

IDB Rater, Pink Inker

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:41 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Just watched the recap last night, I did watch every episode but it's good to get a refresher. So excited for next week.

~Zilary - No, thats not me. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:28 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

theonlysaneone wrote:
http://hansoexposed.com/player/898a754c ... 93e816128c

Also, the show is returning from hiatus on October 4th! Less than a month now! That might be a good time to make a split.

"Our optimum mortality rate is 30%..."

... Nooo!
Gotta say I missed the rest of the videos, but thats neato :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:05 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Every commercial break I was asking myself "What.. the... ..."

I want to know what is going on so bad. Figuring out who the Others are is going to be great. This season is going to be great!

ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:14 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

This premiere was "ehhh..." for me, and I found myself losing interest. After all, I'm one of those people who despise Jack, Kate, or Sawyer, and was very disappointed not to see any of the other Lostaways or the people stuck in the hatch when it imploded.

The Jack flashback wasn't all that interesting, although I did find it unintentionally funny to make him into a psychotic dude, and even funnier to see one of my hated characters get beaten around. :P It dragged the episode down though, and at the end I found myself completely forgetting the awesome opening scene- the only redeeming point of the episode- until I saw it mentioned on another forum. I didn't really care for how the Others managed to pick up on Jack's personal life.

That being said, I'm still gonna tune in, but it better pick up the pace or my Wednesdays will soon become empty. With Sun and Jin in the previews though, I'm optimistic.

Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:23 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I was totally loving the first 10 minutes but I found the rest unimpressive. I really don't like Jack. and haven't since last season. He's too angry all the time. But I did think the jelousy over his wife did add some character that he had been missing last season.

I really like Kate and Sawyer together. (please don't pick Jack) He looked genuinely concerned for her when she showed up. It's nice to know he has some feelings.

Dissapointed that nothing major was revealed (aside from the others and the little community) I am dying to know what happened with Desmond and Locke in the hatch and why Charlie didn't tell anybody about the situation. And why is it no one went to the hatch to see if everyone was ok last season?

Just glad Jacks backstory is over for this season and they can focus on the other survivors. Looking forward to next week although from the preview it looks like it will be centered on Jin, Sun and Sayid.

~Zilary - No, thats not me. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:42 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: Outside on your boulevarde scaring small children. Um... or in Illinois.
Wow, I actually thought the premiere was pretty good, compared to where the season started dragging on near the end of last season. Can't say it was amazing, but It at least kept me guessing since the whole time the only thing I could think about was: "What the heck is going on???" And who doesn't love to watch Sawyer getting a great shock? ;)

It was a bit strange, though, and I could have done without most of Jack's flashbacks. He's not that interesting of a character to me.

CLICK IT!
Thanks to Laq. :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:17 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Yoshi wrote:
This premiere was "ehhh..." for me, and I found myself losing interest. After all, I'm one of those people who despise Jack, Kate, or Sawyer, and was very disappointed not to see any of the other Lostaways or the people stuck in the hatch when it imploded.

The Jack flashback wasn't all that interesting, although I did find it unintentionally funny to make him into a psychotic dude, and even funnier to see one of my hated characters get beaten around. :P

Hear, Hear! I hate watching that triangle. It doesn't have the depth that Sun & Jin's relationship does, or even Claire and Charlie for that matter.
I thoroughly enjoy Not-Henry; he's my new favorite. So far Julie doesn't seem so bad, but if she starts having a thing for Jack I'm going to puke.

Jack just annoys me. If you're opening a door, and the two other people in the room are running for the lives, opening that door might not be a good idea. :loser:

my first original set!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:42 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

The thing is, the characters aren't really acting like real people. I find it extremely implausible for Jack only to ask about his ex-wife, when his whole life and everyone associated is right in front of him. And not one of them complained of being victimised- they all fell out of a plane a month and a half ago and now they're being captured for what? Are they not curious?

It's not just the Jack-Kate-Sawyer triangle I don't like, nor is it merely the fact that their characters aren't that likeable to me- it's the fact that there's way too many episodes for them (and Locke, I forgot to mention him) and the rest of the cast goes underutilised. Jack's already had 9 flashback episodes, while you look at some other character like Claire, who's only had 3- see my point? Just look at the flashback list for the next episodes up until the hiatus (spoiler alert):

Ep 1: Jack
Ep 2: Sun and Jin (yay!)
Ep 3: Locke
Ep 4: Sawyer
Ep 5: Mr. Eko (yay!)
Ep 6: Kate

And then we don't get any episodes until next year. I'm hoping it paves the way for all the other characters to shine.

Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:54 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: THE HEART OF DARKNESS. *ominous drums* Haha, just kidding, I'm stalking you. :D
I dub Not-Henry Benry. That is his new name and the only name I shall call him from this moment on.

Anyway.

It's going to be so difficult for me to resist looking at the spoilers for future episodes that you guys post. This year I'm trying to go spoiler-free completely, and I've had success so far aside from Grey's Anatomy (but I haven't touched spoilers since, and that was 2 weeks ago!).

Yoshi wrote:
After all, I'm one of those people who despise Jack, Kate, or Sawyer

And for that I love you. <3

can't find the sig from this set, so instead, you get a <3 .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:01 am 

The first part of the episode was AWESOME, with the book club and everything. It felt like I was in the middle of a flashback. It was really tricky of them. The rest wasn't as great as I expected, although I like the idea of Kate being harassed by Mr. Beardy (I don't LIKE it, but I think it's a good plot point). I also want to know what kind of torture they're going to go through in the next couple of weeks.

The record on Jack is probably the most important part of the episode. It proves that the Others have contact with the outside world, and information contained out there. They probably have researchers on the mainland as well.

IDB Rater, Pink Inker

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:33 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Los Osos, CA, USA, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
The book club/Others' perspective was definitely the best part of the episode... that and seeing Sawyer in a cage, but that was just comic relief.

I do want to point out: the book they were reading was by Stephen King and as we all know, King is a huge Lost fan. Tribute to King or hidden plot point?

Set by Cukupan
Ohayo Nippon every Sunday at LW
I *heart* R
I'm on a boat like a boss

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next