The big screen and the small screen... together at last! Hurrah!
Topic locked

Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:44 am

____amanda wrote:I think Betty needs to just get rid of Walter. He sucks up far too much and he's already proven that if some better looking girl looks his way, he'd drop her like a pancake. Henry is oh-so-much better than him, I mean, he took out for sushi. He rules. :>

Unfortunately, I think it's going to be quite a while before she does, even if she does at all. Because after that little episode at the sushi place, Betty's not going to try "flitting" again unless Walter cheats on her again.

Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:17 pm

____amanda wrote:I think Betty needs to just get rid of Walter. He sucks up far too much and he's already proven that if some better looking girl looks his way, he'd drop her like a pancake. Henry is oh-so-much better than him, I mean, he took out for sushi. He rules. :>

I agree; I think she needs to drop him and go out with Henry. He's actually treats her well.

Stupid Walter.

Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:56 pm

I liked how in the last episode, they made Amanda seem more human, and more of a character than a stereotype. :)

Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:59 pm

WIS wrote:

Unfortunately, I think it's going to be quite a while before she does, even if she does at all. Because after that little episode at the sushi place, Betty's not going to try "flitting" again unless Walter cheats on her again.

*sigh* I know, I know. But we can all hope :P

Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:56 pm

Yay just found out that C4 will be showing this soon so looking forward to watching it :D

Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:21 pm

This is totally my new favorite show! It has been awhile since a TV show made me cry but this latest episode had me bawling! Then of course the door bell rang... :oops:

Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:35 pm

I had to comment on last night's episode; Santos, my God, was a total jerk.

His son, Justin, we know is gay; and he has a huge problem with that (But, remember, this is the "Broncs" area, and homosexuality I'm sure isn't looked at as positive there). I just found it extremely hypocritical that he criticized Betty's sister (Can't remember her name) and her family about Justin being raised wrong.

But who thought that Betty's sister was amazing in this episode? I loved how she said, "He's comfortable with who he is, and we are too,". And Daniel, was really loving this episode.

However, I wish Selma Hayek took herself out of the show. I mean, last episode was a perfect exit for her and now she's making herself a main character. I don't mind, but I mean, it shows more on her part if she just produces. Or maybe I'm wrong, I don't know.

All in all, good episode.

(Oh, and we all know that Santos sent the FBI after Betty's father. I think it was his 'revenge' on his wife.)

Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:26 pm

Ammer wrote:I had to comment on last night's episode; Santos, my God, was a total jerk.

His son, Justin, we know is gay; and he has a huge problem with that (But, remember, this is the "Broncs" area, and homosexuality I'm sure isn't looked at as positive there). I just found it extremely hypocritical that he criticized Betty's sister (Can't remember her name) and her family about Justin being raised wrong.

But who thought that Betty's sister was amazing in this episode? I loved how she said, "He's comfortable with who he is, and we are too,". And Daniel, was really loving this episode.

However, I wish Selma Hayek took herself out of the show. I mean, last episode was a perfect exit for her and now she's making herself a main character. I don't mind, but I mean, it shows more on her part if she just produces. Or maybe I'm wrong, I don't know.

All in all, good episode.

(Oh, and we all know that Santos sent the FBI after Betty's father. I think it was his 'revenge' on his wife.)

I agree, they really progressed Daniel's character in that episode.

In yesterday's episode, Betty's dad is still in trouble, but they didn't mention much about it. It was a nice, christmas episode, and Daniel made Betty take the job that was offered to her by Selma Hayek's character.

During Christmas, Hilda and their neighbor (forgot her name) had a little christmas war thing, but then they resolved it as Hilda invited her in once she broke her foot trying to steal the lights or something. When Betty came home, she saw them together, laughing and comparing lipstick and she said, "Did hell freeze over?"

Amanda's character is really progressing, though. It was nice to see that she wasn't a complete stuck-up supermodel.

Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:31 pm

I definately thought that I may have missed an episode somehow; when Betty's father was still there, and there wasn't any mention of him getting into trouble. I do agree that Selma should limit herself in the show. She seemed to steal the spotlight a bit when she appeared in the episodes. Walter is bad and he needs to go. If Betty does decide to get rid of him; she probably won't for a bit.

Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:25 am

Princess Miyu wrote:I definately thought that I may have missed an episode somehow; when Betty's father was still there, and there wasn't any mention of him getting into trouble. I do agree that Selma should limit herself in the show. She seemed to steal the spotlight a bit when she appeared in the episodes. Walter is bad and he needs to go. If Betty does decide to get rid of him; she probably won't for a bit.

Especially when she saw Henry kissing someone. :( I was like... NO! When I saw that. D:

Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:47 am

WIS wrote:Especially when she saw Henry kissing someone. :( I was like... NO! When I saw that. D:

Then her sister throws out the telephone message. That chick was just straight bad news. First she tried it with Daniel; then when that didn't work she went for the next guy she saw? Or just has a knack for kissing the guys who are interested in other women; and have women interested in them. I wonder if Betty will actually stay at her new job.. she may get pulled back into Daniel world.

Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:01 pm

I've heard so much about this show, and I still have no idea when it's on. :[ Can someone tell me pleeeease?

Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:56 pm

whhattisthiss wrote:I've heard so much about this show, and I still have no idea when it's on. :[ Can someone tell me pleeeease?

Usually 8:00pm EST, on ABC.

Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:03 am

Ammer wrote:
whhattisthiss wrote:I've heard so much about this show, and I still have no idea when it's on. :[ Can someone tell me pleeeease?

is it everyday or..?

Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:52 pm

whhattisthiss wrote:
Ammer wrote:

is it everyday or..?

It's on Thursdays.

However, it's currently on hiatus until January 4. They're still showing old episodes on Thursdays though. :)
Topic locked