Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:18 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:14 am 

would anyone here have the time to tell me what dr. who is about? im lost in the plot

set by whhattisthiss

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:29 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Wow...

A VERY long story short.

Doctor who: Gallifreyan Time Lord (Half human on his mothers side) Some point between the 8th and 9th doctor, A massive war in time erupted between the Time Lords and the Daleks (Who are a species who are somewhat, nuts, shall we say) which ended in the destruction of the Time lords and the Daleks(Or so it was thought).

How this occured is unknown, but we do know that the doctor himself instigated the event, and while killing his own species, took the Daleks with them (Oh yeah, and several other species too, this is why the Doctor has been so... Down, the last two regenerations)

A single Dalek ship is known to have survived, containing what was probably a Dalek Emperor, who with the help of some questionable methods*, rebuilt his race and made himself it's G-D.
*- He used Human DNA, filtered and pulped down to rebuild the Daleks from the base up, explaining the "Bad wolf" Daleks somewhat questionable sanity -They could smell the stench of lesser beings on themselves.
Another Four Daleks survived by using a 'Void ship' to escape the maelstrom at the end of the war, stealing away with a time lord Prison ship and hiding until it was safe to emerge.
Said Daleks were promptly sucked right back in, when the Doctor opened the void up fully for a brief time to draw the Invading Dales and Cybermen into the void, one Dale escaped (Dalek Sey, he appears season 3 about midway)

At this point it occures that this could get rather extensive...

The Tardis itself (The meaning escapes me at the moment) Is powered by the Nucleus of a black hole, and I should probably mention the Master and Omega (Renegade time lords, One of them is contained within the Tardis' core and the other... in an anti-matter Universe still I think. I'm not sure, I got rather confused when this was explained to me) who may well be appearing next season.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:52 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

TARDIS is an acronym for 'Time and Relative Dimension in Space'. Only the time and space parts are accurate...it has trouble with alternate dimensions. Also, it's questionable as to whether or not it's still powered by a black hole, since said black hole was on Gallifrey (his homeworld, now destroyed) and that the Doctor has had to refuel by a space-time rift.

Yes, I'm still alive...still alive...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 7:48 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Bump for the new series.

Anyone watching?

And I can't quite find the exact moment that Daleks became big pansies with Masers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:11 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Dalek Sec sounded exactly like Brain from Pinky and the Brain.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:53 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Episode names if anyone is interested (Sans the first five -They've been shown)

Episode 6: The Lazarus Experiment

Quote:
The Lazarus phenomenon refers to an event in which a person spontaneously returns to life (the heart starts beating again) after resuscitation has been given up.

Double bluff though, as Jack appears later.

Episode 7: 42
- Chibnall wrote 'Day One', 'Cyberwoman', 'Countrycide' and 'End of Days' for Torchwood
Oh no.

Episode 8: Human Nature
Episode 9: Family of Blood

Synopsis - After years as the last of the Time Lords, the Doctor gives it up to settle down as a normal person, an adaptation of Paul Cornell's Human Nature

Episode 10: Blink
No idea.

Episode 11: Utopia
Cap'n Jack Harkness returns. But he's unwelcome, having hitched a ride on the Tardis.

Episode 12: The Sound of Drums
Episode 13: Last of the Time Lords

- In The Impossible Planet/The Satan Pit, the monster at the bottom of the pit was meant to be a certain monster, they decided against it and that monster will now be used in this series finale.

Also, "Mr Saxon" (I've only seen one mention myself. Shamefully) is revealed. any guesses? I know who it is, and man it's a shocker. (He's dead, for starters)

Post subject: Re: Doctor Who
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 8:52 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Favorite Cheese: Brie de Meaux, Red Leicester and Wensleydale.
Doctor Who returned today.

If you don't want to see spoilers of the episode then don't click the spoiler box.

London has been evacuated due to two alien attacks the following Christmas - refering to The Christmas Invasion and The Runaway Bride except for everyone in Buckingham Place and a street vendor selling newspapers.

One scene is set in the fictitious Donovan Street, named after Jason Donovan, Kylie Minogue's former Neighbours co-star and collaborator on 1988 Number One hit duet "Especially For You".

Astrid Peth (Kylie Minogue) is from the planet Sto, and is currently a waitress aboard the Titanic, as she wanted to see the stars. She assists the Tenth Doctor after discovering he is a stowaway aboard the ship, and eventually grows to care more for him. She is "killed" when she shoves the villian (Max Capricorn) of the story into the reactor core, however she falls in also and is atomised. The doctor later remembers that as she was wearing a teleport bracelet that he can essentaly recall all the atoms, thus ressurecting Astrid. But the machinery is badly damaged and he can only give Astrid a ghost like body. The doctor eventulay maneges to turn Astrid into what appears to be pure energy, Astrid then flies of to explore the universe

The ship ends up almost crashing into Buckingham Place but the Doctor manages to save the day and the planet Earth in time.

Also there is a sneak preview of The Master and the Ood in the second episode

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:54 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Combusken BG wrote:
Doctor Who returned today.

Also there is a sneak preview of The Master and the Ood in the second episode

Master? I see no Master? I see Davros though...

Herin lay Rumours for season 4

The word on the street is that the last four episodes will revolve around the doctor fighting the Daleks (Huge shock) and will end with the Doctor Undoing the time war - Bringing the time lords back, and wiping the Daleks out once and for all (HA! HA I say.) the original rumours had the doctor regenerating because of this, but we know that this is in doubt as Tennant is to do Four Special episodes between now and season 5 (Set to return in a few years time by the way) -Oh, and Rose would come back, but a (Seemingly) Cryptic comment by Tennant tells us that she probably won't be meeting the Doctor anyway, but may be a Flashback style event, or possibly a "Peer across the void" type deal.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:19 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Asaloth wrote:

Herin lay Rumours for season 4

The word on the street is that the last four episodes will revolve around the doctor fighting the Daleks (Huge shock) and will end with the Doctor Undoing the time war - Bringing the time lords back, and wiping the Daleks out once and for all (HA! HA I say.) the original rumours had the doctor regenerating because of this, but we know that this is in doubt as Tennant is to do Four Special episodes between now and season 5 (Set to return in a few years time by the way) -Oh, and Rose would come back, but a (Seemingly) Cryptic comment by Tennant tells us that she probably won't be meeting the Doctor anyway, but may be a Flashback style event, or possibly a "Peer across the void" type deal.

Undoing. The. Time. War. :o :o

I don't exist. omo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:23 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I've been hearing about Dr. Who for ages. I used to watch the old ones with the guy who had the long scarf and bad hair with my gram when I was little. Recently, a dear friend linked me to a site to stream the new series and I've been watching in what little free time I have. lol I like it a lot! I just wish I had more time to be caught up like my other friends who watch it. haha :)

Image Image
<3 Divas rock! Click to join. <3

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:45 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Season 4 of Doctor who begins this Saturday on BBC1 (6:20)

Sodding Daleks are back aren't they.
They do have Davros this time though.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:16 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

OMG

How good was the ending of Episode 1?

ROSE!!!! I had shivers lol. As soon as I saw the back of her head I knew it was her. How I love Rose's Theme lol

Captain Insano wrote: I'd like to change my name to Bno2 please, as he is my hero.
Shoyru_Lover wrote: i want to change my gender

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:16 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Favorite Cheese: Brie de Meaux, Red Leicester and Wensleydale.
I enjoyed the episode

even though the monster (Adipose children) of the episode is cute.

It was shocking to see Rose again but the mystery that remains is why she walked off and faded away after Donna Noble told her where Donna's mum (Sylvia) car key were.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:30 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Combusken BG wrote:
I enjoyed the episode

even though the monster (Adipose children) of the episode is cute.

They were very cute indeed but
I wouldn't say they were monsters, it makes them sound evil and horrible. They were only little children, bless them :). Feel free to make me one :D

Combusken BG wrote:
It was shocking to see Rose again but the mystery that remains is why she walked off and faded away after Donna Noble told her where Donna's mum (Sylvia) car key were.

Damn Doctor Who making mysteries. Nah, it's good really lol.

I like to think that she's still on her own parrallel world (Pete's World), and has somehow managed to temporaily get through, like how The Doctor spoke to her from his Tardis. I think she can only get through partially, but enough to contact our world. I can't wait to see what happens :D

Captain Insano wrote: I'd like to change my name to Bno2 please, as he is my hero.
Shoyru_Lover wrote: i want to change my gender

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:17 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Theory from a freak with too much time on his hands a good memory of the last three seasons, and up-to-date rumours.

Best guess is that Rose is trying to communicate with the Doctor via some means (Presumably similar to the means he used -hence the fading, etcetera) through the Void.
Obviously, the Doc said this would be impossible, now that he has sealed it, but let us recall three things.
Daleks in the Void.
Caan not in the Void.
Davros, coming back.
Best guess is that Davros and Caan are messing about, tearing open the Void to release the Daleks, creating cracks that are allowing Rose to send the message through.
We "know" that Rose and the Doc never actually meet (As Tennant said he has done no scenes with Piper, of course they hadn't finished filming at this point as I recall, and of course Blue Screen anyway) and there are the rumours that the Doc will undo the Time war, and save the Time lords this season -of course, with no season 5 til 2010 (But two feature lengths -ala Christmas special - to bridge the gap) whos to say.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next