Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:42 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Doctor Who
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:53 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Location: Faster than a speeding IM! Stronger than an ox on steroids! Pinker than a bottle of Pepto-Bismol!
I so knew this was an old series. I don't want to get into the new series just in case I get addicted...

Hold onto your seats people... the SL is back.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:12 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Kym-sensei wrote:
I so knew this was an old series. I don't want to get into the new series just in case I get addicted...

:o But you have to! It's just so good. I just watched episode 8. That was a sad one. :( I'm slowly catching up. ^.^

Image Image
<3 Divas rock! Click to join. <3

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:28 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Jasujo wrote:
Kym-sensei wrote:

:o But you have to! It's just so good. I just watched episode 8. That was a sad one. :( I'm slowly catching up. ^.^

That's one of my favourite episodes, but yes, it is very sad. He was very brave!

Captain Insano wrote: I'd like to change my name to Bno2 please, as he is my hero.
Shoyru_Lover wrote: i want to change my gender

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:17 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Bno wrote:
That's one of my favourite episodes, but yes, it is very sad. He was very brave!

He was! I've finished episode 11. Almost done with the first season! :)

Image Image
<3 Divas rock! Click to join. <3

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:22 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

OMG. I just watched Saturday nights Doctor Who... It was quite sad...

What a horrible choice to make! Kill everyone or kill 20,000people. Not a thing I'd ever like to have to participate in, as either way you'll be killing lots of innocent people :(. I like how they link history as being he the one to cause it haha

Captain Insano wrote: I'd like to change my name to Bno2 please, as he is my hero.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:21 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Bno wrote:

What a horrible choice to make! Kill everyone or kill 20,000people. Not a thing I'd ever like to have to participate in, as either way you'll be killing lots of innocent people :(. I like how they link history as being he the one to cause it haha

:O Saturday's episode was great, sad ending though. I missed the first episode of the new series, and then found out BBC iPlayer is only available to people in the UK :x Oh well.

Visit twinskiesnavigator.com and themeteorites.net

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:58 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Bno wrote:

An easy choice really...
The many must outweigh the few, Pompeii was dead either way.

The Pyroville were really rather cool though.

And apparently, the Medusa cascade (Mentioned by the Master last season, just before "I saw the Dalek Emperor claim the Cruciform...") is important.

Edit: Once again, Episode titles.

1. Partners in Crime (Aired)
2. The Fires of Pompell (aired)
3. Planet of the Ood (Take a guess what its about...
4. The Sontaran Stratagem (again, have a guess)
5. The Poison Sky
6. The Doctor's Daughter (wait wait wait... she's alive?
7. The Unicorn & The Wasp (Agatha Christie episode, I think)
8. Silence in the Library
9. River's Run
10. Midnight
11. Turn Left
12. TBA (Rose and Martha Return here, we assume)
13. Journey's End

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:44 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Yes, an easy choice, but, it was the choice of

Actually killing them yourself
Doing nothing (ie not them dying because of you) but have everyone die.

It would be horrible to feel you were the ones to of done that to those specific people :(

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:48 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Favorite Cheese: Brie de Meaux, Red Leicester and Wensleydale.
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

But 4/5 people (one family) survived so really only 19996/199955 people died. Excluding The Doctor and Donna.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:55 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Combusken BG wrote:

But 4/5 people (one family) survived so really only 19996/199955 people died. Excluding The Doctor and Donna.

Was anyone else TOTALLY expecting the doc to be a right nasty piece and leave them, and them to turn out to be the "Frozen by ash for all time" statue thing?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:22 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Asthaloth wrote:
Combusken BG wrote:

Was anyone else TOTALLY expecting the doc to be a right nasty piece and leave them, and them to turn out to be the "Frozen by ash for all time" statue thing?

To be honest I was. Someone please also tell me they're getting tired with the whole 'I watched my race die' stuff, get over it Dr. On the other hand really enjoyed the Ood episode, always wondered if they'd explain what was going on with them ever since we first saw them. Definetly a satisfactory episode in my opinion.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:54 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

The continuity with other Ood episodes.

The "red eye" phenomenon is present in all three "Ood" episodes, as an effect of being possessed; in the former, they were under the Beast's control. In "Planet of the Ood", the Doctor gives a possible time frame for all three stories: the 42nd century, during the Earth's second intergalactic empire (it is entirely possible the other two episodes were set earlier than this episode). The Ood-Sphere is in the same solar system as the Sense-Sphere, the location for the 1964 serial The Sensorites; the Sensorites and Ood are visually similar. Donna mentions the bees disappearing again, as mentioned previously in Partners in Crime. When Ood Sigma mentions that the Doctor's song may soon end, several seconds are played of the music featured during the the scene in which Rose Tyler was ultimately separated from the Doctor in Doomsday.

About the The Sontaran Stratagem episode.

Having covertly established a base at the mysterious ATMOS Factory aided by the Rattigan Academy, the Sontarans unleash a potent terror which brings the world to its knees.[2]

Martha Jones summons the Doctor back to modern-day Earth, but with the mysterious ATMOS devices spreading across the world, Donna discovers that even her own family is not safe from the alien threat.

Atmos is a Greek word meaning "vapour" (as in atmosphere), fitting for the next episode's title.
This is the Sontarans' first appearance since the 1985 Colin Baker story The Two Doctors

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:26 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Bno2 wrote:
To be honest I was. Someone please also tell me they're getting tired with the whole 'I watched my race die' stuff, get over it Dr. On the other hand really enjoyed the Ood episode, always wondered if they'd explain what was going on with them ever since we first saw them. Definetly a satisfactory episode in my opinion.

He DID kill them himself you remember :P
As for the Medusa Cascade, someone has mentioned that it is the time rift on Gallifrey (See: The Sound Of Drums, if you're not remembering it) I don't recall myself if that is what it was called, but a lot of things are beginning to come together if it is.

Edit: Nevermind, that was the "untempered Schism" apparently.

Edited for accuratenessress.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:00 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Turn Left explains what would have happened if Donna Noble had taken a right turn instead of a left turn.

Also the return of the of Bad Wolf (from 9th Doctor)

The TBA episode in Asthaloth's post from April 14 is called The Stolen Earth and features the return of Davros in his first appearance since the Remembrance of the Daleks episode in 1988.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:49 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

The final is gonna be ace.

OMG! CAPTAIN JACK! OMG! GWEN! OMG! IANTO! ROSE! OMG! SARAH JANE! OMG! MICKEY! OMG! JUDOON! OMG! HARRIET JONES! OMG! BAD WOLF! OMG! OMG! OMG!
I'm GUTTED that K9 hasn't been seen in the trailer though :( I would so love to see K9 chasing a Dalek down the road hahaha. Anybody know if he's making an appearance...?

that's me.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next