Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 9:08 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:07 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Look, Zach (Claire's bff) was gay!

Quote:
Not that we needed any more confirmation that the character of Zach (Thomas Dekker) on Heroes had been degayed (a story broken by AfterElton.com), but Heroes writer Bryan Fuller (pictured) again says Zach was written as gay. He also again confirms that it was Dekker's agent who forced the issue because her client was up for the part of John Carter in The Sarah Connor Chronicles because she feared it might affect FOX's interest in hiring him. Instead, she got him yanked off one of the year's biggest hit shows, so don't go looking for him to reappear in tonight's episode. (Boy, Dekker sure has himself one smooth agent!)

Here are some quotes from the interview with with Popgurls.com.

On whether making Zach gay was a path they were always going to take:

It absolutely was a path that we were going to take. In the first meetings when we were sitting down and talking about the show, one of the things about the show that Tim said that he wanted all these characters to represent different people in the world and we had an Asian guy and an Indian guy and. a whole bunch of white people. He just wanted it to be a United Benetton cast. I said that's fantastic, but if we have this many people, then we need to have a gay character. If you want to represent the world, that's certainly a demographic that we need to hit.

On why it would have been good to have a gay character on Heroes:

Considering Heroes is a show about people embracing what's special about themselves, it would have been great for gay teens see themselves reflected on TV by Zach.

On his reaction to the whole debacle:

I was very upset by it - I was not happy about it at all. There were times I had to avoid talking about it because we didn't want to have a negative reflection on the show. The show's been such a positive experience for so many people, we didn't want to get hung up on the fact that one actor's management felt that it was a career killer for him to play a homosexual which, as a gay man, I found incredibly insulting.

Hopefully, this will finally shut up clarify things for all the straight boys who keep insisting Zach was never gay.

I know we're supposed to be like "Wow! He was?!" but it was obvious.

And I think it's stupid for the actor's agent to assume that him playing a gay character would affect his career. I mean, the actor himself has always played gay roles, I think the agent is just trying to hide "something".

Set by Medli

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:04 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

You know.... "future hiro" didnt really look like hiro... do you think theres a chance it might have been that comic book guy who was given issac's sketchbooks and stuff?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:11 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

The Wonder Weezel wrote:
You know.... "future hiro" didnt really look like hiro... do you think theres a chance it might have been that comic book guy who was given issac's sketchbooks and stuff?

No, I'm pretty sure that it is Hiro playing a dual role. They look very similar to me.

Set by Medli

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 2:43 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

WOW!

I'm amazed at how much we found out even though this episode didn't even take place on the current timeline. After being slightly underwhelmed last week with the return, I'm back and fully on board all over again. This episode almost rivals "Company Man" in awesomeness.

Completely shocked with Nathan/Sylar, and how they managed to "kill" everyone- HRG, Claire, the Haitian, Future Hiro all on screen, not to mention the off-screen deaths of DL, Micah, Jessica, Nathan, Past Ando, and Candice. Might be missing some here. One slight nitpick- how would Sylar kill Claire if he couldn't slice open Peter's head? I suppose he must've stuck a glass shard in her offscreen or something.

Parkman, Parkman, Parkman...poor guy's never on the right side of the tracks. Wasn't Nathan/Sylar right behind him when he revealed himself to Peter though? I wish we could've seen his reaction. And we can't forget Mohinder, who's still being played by Sylar!

I think in the future we'll actually find out about the scar and Peter and Niki's relationship. Those seem to be independent events that could happen in both timelines. But anyway, totally dug the new tougher versions of all the characters, and my only disappointment came in the fact that we couldn't see Peter and Sylar fight.

Since Future Hiro told Hiro to kill Sylar to stop the bomb, I can only presume that Ted's gonna die, Sylar takes his powers, Peter absorbs them, and then it happens. Or...and I have to give credit to a member of another forum who suggested this, maybe Nathan in Peter's apocalypse-vision isn't really Nathan, but actually Sylar!

With regards to the "Molly" that was mentioned in passing by HRG... (not exactly a spoiler, more like a refresher, ahead)
Quote:
...and also mentioned in the previews, another person mentioned that she was the girl Sylar tried to kill when he got his freezing power that he got early in the series, but was just shown today.

Can't wait for the next week, which is the start of the three-part season finale!

Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 3:20 am 
PPT God
PPT God

This episode blew me away. It definitely is one of the best episodes yet.

I think Sylar was able to kill Claire because he probably would be able to slice her skull off and remove it before it got a chance to mend itself back (I hardly think she would be able to regrow half her skull back). It's also possible that he could paralyze her or something with his telekinesis so she couldn't regenerate.

And throughout the entire episode, I had a feeling that something was up with Nathan... His ego was too inflated, even though he was elected president. :P The Nikki/Peter relationship threw me off, as did Peter's scar. We now know what the scar looks like, and at first I was wondering why he had the scar even though he has Claire's regenerating power... Then I realized that since he didn't save her, he didn't get her power.

One thing I don't understand is about Sylar posing as Nathan... Why would Sylar want all of the other people with special powers to be dead? Wouldn't he want them alive so he could take their powers?

Speculation Central - Thinking about the future... Today!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 3:50 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Sylar wants himself to be the only person with power, I suppose, or he just had so many at his disposal that he was satisfied (Was? Is? Will be? Arrrrgh!). His "treatment clinic" plan at the end would've definitively allowed him to steal all the powers though.

Until reading a clarification, I was under the impression that HRG's cohort in the fake-ID business was Candice, thus causing a bit of confusion for me when Sylar showed up with her power. People over at TWoP say it was Hana, which explains a lot.

Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 4:10 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Ah true. Sylar does strike me as the "OMG IM THE PREZ OF THE US AND I DUN WANNA HAVE ANY1 AS POWRFEL AS ME!!!!1111" type. :P

As for Molly... She's most definitely the girl in the first few episodes, seems the best pairing since Sylar was about to take her power but didn't get the chance, and now that'll come back to bite him. As for her power, I think she might have the ability to nullify powers permanently. At first that doesn't make sense because then she would have done that to her parents and/or Matt, but there's probably something more to it. Some have speculated that she might be Uluru, which would completely rock (no pun intended) since on the outside she seems to be a sweet little girl and then BAM she turns into a giant rock monster that squishes Sylar.

Speculation Central - Thinking about the future... Today!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 4:22 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

What's amusing is, one of my friends who I've tried to convince to watch the show, picked tonight of all nights to do so. Needless to say, he was thoroughly confused :P

IDB Staff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 4:52 am 
PPT God
PPT God

From the beginning of the episode, I said to my friend "Sylar stole Candice's powers and he is masquerading as someone". And then when Peter was talking about genocide, I knew it was him.

Very good episode. Poor Future Hiro couldn't catch a break. "I have something to tell y-"BAM!! "I'll take you back to the pa--"BAM!!

Can't wait to see how this all unfolds. I notice there was no mention of Linderman in the future. Very strange.

ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 5:04 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

This episode was great, I was a little confused at times (Claire dying by Sylar, I was thinking why couldn't she regenerate but as Dragonfire stated, you can't grow back half a skull. And remember, Sylar STOPPED slicing Peter once he saw Peter could heal.)

But I don't know who this Molly chick is, I think I'm in some sort of alternate universe because I've never seen her. Or maybe I have but forgot.

And who is Candice? Why don't I know this name?

Moogum wrote:
I notice there was no mention of Linderman in the future. Very strange.

I thought that was odd as well, perhaps he doesn't play a large part as we all thought he did?

Set by Medli

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 5:24 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Wow. This show keeps out outdoing itself. This seems like another episode I'll have to watch over again though - it's hard to understand everything on the show after only watching the episodes once.

Dragonfire wrote:
One thing I don't understand is about Sylar posing as Nathan... Why would Sylar want all of the other people with special powers to be dead? Wouldn't he want them alive so he could take their powers?

But doesn't he kill them to get their brains and powers? I hope they'll explain what he does with the brains, I always thought he ate them like a zombie.

"I'm not superstitious, but I'm a little stitious."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 5:26 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

To those who asked about Linderman, there was a very tiny (but possibly significant) mention of him- Nathan/Sylar had passed a "Linderman Act" that allowed the arrests of all the people with special abilities, and it was mentioned on one of the newscasts.

Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 5:27 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Los Osos, CA, USA, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
What to say, what to say...

Nice future. It didn't make me remind Days of Future Past at all.[/sarcasm]

The only two questions for that future I have:
1) What happened to Jess?
2) Who really would have won between Peter and Sylar?

That really would have been a cool battle to see. Both had Claire's healing, and we had the fire vs ice hinted. Would have been awesome!

Really makes you wonder how it will turn out. Mondays don't come soon enough.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I noticed the nice, 'subtle' political commentary in the episode.

Set by Cukupan
Ohayo Nippon every Sunday at LW
I *heart* R
I'm on a boat like a boss

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 7:15 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Thanks Yoshi for that, I didn't notice any mention of Linderman in this episode.

Oh, another question, if Claire wasn't killed by Sylar as everyone thought she was, why wasn't Hiro successful in killing him? Because he said Claire's power was taken by Sylar yet Claire was still alive in that future. The only time Sylar had her power was near the end and that was because he tracked her down and killed her.

Set by Medli

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 7:43 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Ammer wrote:
Thanks Yoshi for that, I didn't notice any mention of Linderman in this episode.

Oh, another question, if Claire wasn't killed by Sylar as everyone thought she was, why wasn't Hiro successful in killing him? Because he said Claire's power was taken by Sylar yet Claire was still alive in that future. The only time Sylar had her power was near the end and that was because he tracked her down and killed her.

Oh Ammer, time travel is very confusing. I will attempt to help clarify it for you, if I understand what you are concerned about.

Here's how time would have worked out, had nothing extraordinary happened.

Sylar killed Claire at Homecoming, therefore PresentHiro couldn't kill him after the explosion, therefore the horrible future happened. In that horrible future, Claire was dead, and FutureHiro thought that by goinb back in time and saving Claire, PresentHiro would be able to kill Sylar and stop the horrible future. So FutureHiro went back in time, said "Save the Cheerleader, save the world", and then went back to the Future.

This caused Peter to saved Claire in the present, but PresentHiro never knew about that and therefore FutureHiro wouldn't know about it, either. That's how Claire was alive in the future in last nights episode. Obviously, even with Claire saved, PresentHiro did not kill Sylar, so the horrible future still happened. That's why FutureHiro was confused.

But now that PresentHiro knows that he has to kill Sylar, he can do so, thus the horrible future will not come to happen.

Hope that answers your confusion. However, then we get into the whole drama-that-is-time-travel: If you travel to the past to stop the future, then you'll never be in the future to travel to the past to stop the future.... ugh. Luckily Heroes is an awesome show. I try to avoid time-travel issues as much as humanly possible.

ImageImage

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next