Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:41 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Lost (Split @ 10)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:25 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Last Thread

<hr>

They are continuing to keep things intense as they race towards this season's finale. Though if you are the type of fan who doesn't like when they don't answer questions, well, this one isn't for you.

SPOILERS below!! once again for those of the United States variety.

So it was Desmond centric. The first 3 minutes gave me a Heart Attack! I had not even thought about it being a vision until they revealed that it was. I thought when he first met Penny was really sweet; cliched, but sweet. When he was cutting her down, and they were overlapping his flashback with the present, I was fearing that Penny was going to be dead. But then it turned out to not even be Penny, so it was all good. Unless she was also in the helicopter. NO idea who that girl in the helmet was, at first I thought it was Ruth, but Ruth was rather pale and this girl was definitely some kind of ethnicity (Latina I think). I don't think she's dead, because if she was this episode would have had no point at all except for character development.

ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:03 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Los Osos, CA, USA, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
Flash would totally beat Superman in a race. Hello. Speed force. Anywho...

To be honest, Jin's story got me too :P

Desmond is always good for fun stories. They should do more of them.

Getting mad though. Our ABC hasn't shown the last two episodes in widescreen. That is getting under my skin.

Set by Cukupan
Ohayo Nippon every Sunday at LW
I *heart* R
I'm on a boat like a boss

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:11 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I never liked widescreen. =\ I don't know why people like it. I prefer good ol' 4:3

Anyways, loved the episode. :) I kind of figured the first part would be a vision though. I figured either that or it's going to be one of those episodes that show you a teaser at the end and then show what events led up to that point.

Yay Desmond.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:18 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

WIS wrote:
I never liked widescreen. =\ I don't know why people like it. I prefer good ol' 4:3

You get see more action with the bigger screen. Plus, it is great for subtitles since the text is not in the way of the action. Also, widescreen means you don't get the 'pan and scan' effect for shows and movies.

For a show like Lost where the producers love hiding Easter Eggs, widescreen is ideal since it gives them a wider canvas to work with. There is just that much more screen to add a reference to something that normally would not fit with smaller resolution.

Set by Cukupan
I *heart* R

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:54 am 

http://www.pinkpt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=33027

*cough*

It's funny how Sanjaya was eliminated from American Idol, then ten minutes later he lands on the island. No, I'm not being serious, they just look alike, that's all.

I'm pretty sure Sanjaya-girl was sent by Penelope to rescue Desmond in the helicopter. Copter malfunctions, woman parachutes, and that's what Desmond saw. It's lucky that she had the flashing light attached. Anyways, she is probably going to need medical care.

Other than that development, I didn't think this episode was all that great. It was better than the Jack-tattoo episode, but the ones preceding it have been of a much higher quality that this one just didn't live up to. However, I think it needed to happen in the storyline to set up the rest of the season.

IDB Rater, Pink Inker

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:50 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

theonlysaneone wrote:
However, I think it needed to happen in the storyline to set up the rest of the season.

You and I both know she's going to get Jack / Sawyer / Sayid / Kate into trouble then Die.

It's a shame when the entirety of secondary characters get background info just so they can be bumped off to make the Primary characters lives more interesting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:09 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I love this. Spoilers below, Americans.

Sun and Jin are love. That is all there is to it. Okay, there's a bit more. I feel a mini summary is in order.
I missed the first 15 minutes, but from what I gather, Jin's mother contacted Sun and told her where to go to find Jin's dad (the fisherman; Jin told Sun that his father was dead). Sun meets Jin's dad, who is super nice, and he tells her to not tell Jin that she met him, and also to continue to let Jin think his mother is dead (his mother slept around) to spare Jin shame.

Juliette takes Sun to the Staff station (the medical one), specifically to a hidden room with an Ultrasound. The plan is to measure the baby and determine if it was conceived on or off the Island (and, therefore, if Sun will die or live. And. also, whether the baby is Jin's or Sun's teacher's). She lets Sun know that sperm count on the Island is 5x the norm.

Back in the flashback, Sun gets money from her father to pay Jin's mother, and in doing so, SHE creates the debt that Jin owes her father. Yup, Sun, in an effort to spare her husband from shame, causes him to owe her father and work directly for him, therefore causing all their other problems that we have seen. How sad.

The baby is Jin's, conceived on the island (it's about 53 days old, and they've been on the island for 90 days). Sun cries, but she is crying because she is happy it is Jin's baby, and not because she is sad she is dying. She has about 2 months (none of the other women make it into their third trimester). As Sun leaves, Juliette goes back into the staff to "clean up their tracks" a.k.a. tape a message for Ben on a tape recorder that she leaves in a locker. The message says that "Kwon's [Sun's] baby was conceived on the island, her husband was sterile before the island. I'll begin getting samples from the other women. I should be able to get Austin's [Kate's] next". She turns off the recorder and says "Oh, and I hate you".
Does this mean that Kate and other's are also pregnant!? Who knows.

And, as guessed, Mikhail is alive. He runs into Desmond, Hurley, Charlie and Jin (along with Italian girl Naomi). Naomi has a branch puncturing her lung, Mikhail will help ventilate her lung if they allow him to just walk way as though they never saw him. He does, they do, but Jin runs after him. He tried to steal the satellite phone. Naomi says some things in Italian that only Mikhail understands. I wonder what she says... he obviously mistranslates for our quartet.

At the end of the show, as Desmond Charlie and Jin make a stretcher to carry Naomi back to camp, Hurley sits with her. She wakes up, and in English asks who/where they are. When Hurley says "We are the survivors of Oceanic Flight 315. Is anyone looking for us?" she says "That's impossible. They found that plane. There were no survivors"

OOooh. It's getting good. As I said, Jin and Sun are love in this episode. Juliette proves once again that she is working for Ben but not so evil. And, we find out that the Survivors are all believed dead. And that Mikhail is still alive.

ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:01 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I like Sun. She is fun. I like seeing her evil side. How many have ever wanted to threaten their mother-in-law and mean it? :P

The mad Russian is still around! Cool. As Bender would say: 'Clone, robot or long, lost twin! Taking all bets! I also offer video poker!'

So they are all dead? Come on! Jack's cooking isn't that bad! :P Can't wait to see where that plot line develops.

Set by Cukupan
I *heart* R

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:09 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Skynetmain wrote:
I like Sun. She is fun. I like seeing her evil side. How many have ever wanted to threaten their mother-in-law and mean it? :P

The mad Russian is still around! Cool. As Bender would say: 'Clone, robot or long, lost twin! Taking all bets! I also offer video poker!'

So they are all dead? Come on! Jack's cooking isn't that bad! :P Can't wait to see where that plot line develops.

I didn't take it as them being all dead. I took it more as someone planting a fake planecrash somewhere so that people would not look for the survivors.

ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:34 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Moogum wrote:
Skynetmain wrote:

I didn't take it as them being all dead. I took it more as someone planting a fake plane crash somewhere so that people would not look for the survivors.

I didn't think they were all dead either. I just thought that was fun since that was one of the major early theories about the show.

Set by Cukupan
I *heart* R

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:45 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Mikhail is ALIVE! *dances for joy* Long live the Russian eyepatch dude!

Gone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:50 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Flame wrote:
Mikhail is ALIVE! *dances for joy* Long live the Russian eyepatch dude!

I had a little inkling that he couldn't actually have died. Was very easy to fake that, and he's a sneaky guy ;) Yay for crazy russian eyepatch guy!

ImageImage

Boom-shaka-laka! Rawr come and join us in the Randomness
Sig Halloween'd by Tom!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 1:23 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Spoilers again, Americans.

I'm... as confused as ever, but in a good way. I definitely think next week is gonna be heavy on the answers, and I'm glad that they set up a few things (What's with Juliette and Jack? Juliette's going to get exposed, which is good. Unless something happens to Sawyer). This episode was good, once again, for tying together more back stories; more importantly tying them together concretely and not just suggestively. Sawyer finally got some closure, which was good; I was worried for a minute that Locke was going to kill him.

I really want to know what the heck is up with the Others. Hopefully next week we will find out, and I think it's a Ben episode.

ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 4:05 am 

I thought it was a decent episode, but I would like to know what Ben wants Locke for. He might have the same powers Walt had earlier, maybe even to a greater extent.

By the way, someone won a prize on the LOST Death Predictions thread.

IDB Rater, Pink Inker

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 10:38 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Sawyer got closure.
I am pleased. (Time for him to die then, I reckon)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next