Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:45 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Lost (Split @ 10)
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:50 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Asthaloth wrote:
Doesn't matter what they say, everything that's happened so far just shows they're making it up.

If you do take a good in depth look at it, the timeline and the story lines are very complex, and there have been set-ups for an event many episodes, sometimes even season(s) before the actual occurrence. Although, some parts do stretch on credibility (such as the timeline of Michael & Tom). They definitely, to a good extent, have things planned out.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:27 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

WIS wrote:
Asthaloth wrote:
Doesn't matter what they say, everything that's happened so far just shows they're making it up.

If you do take a good in depth look at it, the timeline and the story lines are very complex, and there have been set-ups for an event many episodes, sometimes even season(s) before the actual occurrence. Although, some parts do stretch on credibility (such as the timeline of Michael & Tom). They definitely, to a good extent, have things planned out.

Again, I gotta point to their line about not knowing who Ben was going to be when he first turned up.
"There will be no Time travel"
... Well. What's that then? Wizards?

There are a whole lot more examples than that obviously, but this is either the most schizophrenic Xanatos roulette I've seen since Emperor Palpatine, or they are the masters of Plan B.

Not that it would be a bad thing, but I sincerely doubt they've had every episode planned since day one, especially after they were told to drag it out for Seven Seasons.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:23 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Asthaloth wrote:
WIS wrote:
Asthaloth wrote:

Again, I gotta point to their line about not knowing who Ben was going to be when he first turned up.
"There will be no Time travel"
... Well. What's that then? Wizards?

There are a whole lot more examples than that obviously, but this is either the most schizophrenic Xanatos roulette I've seen since Emperor Palpatine, or they are the masters of Plan B.

Not that it would be a bad thing, but I sincerely doubt they've had every episode planned since day one, especially after they were told to drag it out for Seven Seasons.

Obviously not, but I think the writers have a definite direction they're going in. Especially after Season 3. I think before that they only had a general outline of what was to happen. Due to the nature of the show, the writers must tread carefully with flash-backs and flash-forwards to make sure they do not contradict anything. Many of the key events in the series have been set up many episodes before, and have been referenced in episodes later so they do not look so much like Deux Ex Machinas (Which ironically, is the name of an early episode). Also, LOST will only have 6 seasons. The writers did not have to drag it out because the fourth, fifth and sixth seasons will only feature about 16 episodes each, as opposed to the fourth and fifth seasons having approximately 24 episodes.

As for Michael Emerson, at first he was only supposed to appear for three episodes. However, they were impressed by his acting abilities so they signed him up for another season and made him into one of the main characters. If they have not done that, I would have assumed another character would have taken the role of Benjamin Linus, such as Richard, who currently appears to be a consigliere to Ben.

Now obviously there are hiccups in the story, such as Jack's tattoos and the characters of Nikki and Paulo. But as the nature of television series go, things happen (I.e. Rousseau's resignation) and things are made up as they go along. But Lost is one of the shows with a more defined plot (again, especially after season 3). Now, if you really want to see a mess, watch Prison Break.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:45 am 
PPT God
PPT God

WIS wrote:
Now, if you really want to see a mess, watch Prison Break.

Ugh, please do not even mention that show around me.

I absolutely became obsessed after a friend got me the DVD's as a gift and then was totally crushed by how crappy the second season was. "-_-
What a total mess of a show.

Seriously when I compare the two, Lost definitely looks ALOT more thought and planned out, but I do agree there are story lines which I think should be further explored even though they have been dropped, ie. Sawyer's daughter, Nikki and Paulo, Jack's Tattoo's, Rose and what'shisname, Rousseau's past and flashbacks, etc. etc.
Eh, I don't find the show as addictive as it used to be though. Maybe that's because I actually recognise most of the places where they filmed since I did live on the same island for a period of time . But I highly doubt that's the main reason.

set by Sakura

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:57 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

3lla wrote:
WIS wrote:
Now, if you really want to see a mess, watch Prison Break.

Ugh, please do not even mention that show around me.

I absolutely became obsessed after a friend got me the DVD's as a gift and then was totally crushed by how crappy the second season was. "-_-
What a total mess of a show.

Seriously when I compare the two, Lost definitely looks ALOT more thought and planned out, but I do agree there are story lines which I think should be further explored even though they have been dropped, ie. Sawyer's daughter, Nikki and Paulo, Jack's Tattoo's, Rose and what'shisname, Rousseau's past and flashbacks, etc. etc.
Eh, I don't find the show as addictive as it used to be though. Maybe that's because I actually recognise most of the places where they filmed since I did live on the same island for a period of time . But I highly doubt that's the main reason.

They were gonna have a Rousseau flashback, but she wanted off the show. :(

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:27 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: THE HEART OF DARKNESS. *ominous drums* Haha, just kidding, I'm stalking you. :D
I shall push this back from the dead as if it were Christian Shephard. Hahaha I'm so witty (or not). But yeah, I'm a Lost geek and thus think it unacceptable that this thread has been dead for so long.

SO. Lost season 5. Thus far, we have Because You Left and The Lie. Thoughts?

Personally, I thought BYL was the best premiere since Pilot, Part 1. It may have been because it was so action-y (and I'm a fiend for that- just to put things in context, my favorite episode of Lost is The Shape of Things to Come, where Ben goes all action hero and the mercenaries blow New Otherton up), but maaan. Awesome.

I was a little underwhelmed by The Lie, though that may have just been its following BYL. In general, episodes following ones that are loved tend to fall a little flat (Stranger in a Strange Land, The Other Woman...), so that could have been it a little, but who knows- everyone else seems to have loved it. I didn't hate it or anything- I thought it was a good episode, but not great or anything. Which is what we really need, with only, what, 34 hours left of the show? (AAAAH :'( )

Oh.

And Richard Alpert with glasses and being funny* kind of made me die a little.

That is all.

*"You give me this."
"What is it?"
"...It's a compass."
"What does it do?"
"It... points north, John."

ad;klafjdlska omg <3

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:26 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

to be honest the second episode of the current season did not impress me at all.....I was seriously bored thoughout that episode, but the third episode seems to be so much better! An episode that has Desmond and Faraday? WIN
And seriously now, after seeing the 'Jughead' I just want to know what on earth is going on because the writers still havent even answered the whole four toed statue thing... o_O

set by Sakura

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:46 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: THE HEART OF DARKNESS. *ominous drums* Haha, just kidding, I'm stalking you. :D
3lla wrote:
to be honest the second episode of the current season did not impress me at all.....I was seriously bored thoughout that episode, but the third episode seems to be so much better! An episode that has Desmond and Faraday? WIN
And seriously now, after seeing the 'Jughead' I just want to know what on earth is going on because the writers still havent even answered the whole four toed statue thing... o_O

The exec producers have promised to answer the four toed statue this season. Thank goodness.

A new theory about it, based off of a very, very minor spoiler from season 5, episode 2, The Lie:

I've heard crazy theories about it being Sawyer's foot, though. In The Lie he stepped on a gigantic thorn or whatever, a scene that really did seem totally random and unnecessary, and because of that, some fans are speculating that it does have a purpose- Sawyer's going to lose a toe to a resulting infection, then the Losties travel back in time, he does something heroic or whatever, a statue gets built in his lovely four-toed honor.

I don't know. Part of me doesn't like that theory because I think it's just plain stupid, and part of me is violently refuting the idea because I know the writers originally wanted the statue to have six toes, but the art department, while sculpting the model for it, realized that just looked a little off, so they changed it to four. My personal take is that the Island natives (Others, Hostiles, whatever- people like Richard Alpert) may have evolved further than us, or something, and don't require a fifth toe (or required a sixth). I don't know. It's fully possible that the 'let's show them a statue with six toes' thing was just made up on the spot, and I wouldn't doubt that. But I just really don't like the idea of it being a statue of Sawyer's poor wounded foot.

Away from the topic of small unanswered questions like that, I'm glad you agree on the second episode not being wonderful. Everyone I know keeps telling me I'm crazy for not being thrilled with it, but I'm a 'big plot development, action, answered question, action, action, BOOM EXPLOSION, lots of character development' type of fan, and it just seemed too slow. I also felt a strong urge to reach though my TV screen and throttle Hurley at the end. Ughhh.

After seeing how much I liked Jughead, especially when compared to The Lie, I have come to the conclusion that a large part of my love for it is because of the total lack of Oceanic Six. I've come to terms with Kate over the last season or so- I used to HATE her- but I still really dislike Jack, and him being front and center in an episode featuring the O6 is almost inevitable. Grr.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:06 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I think we can all agree that Desmond + Faraday = win.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:18 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Xandra wrote:
The exec producers have promised to answer the four toed statue this season. Thank goodness.

A new theory about it, based off of a very, very minor spoiler from season 5, episode 2, The Lie:

I've heard crazy theories about it being Sawyer's foot, though. In The Lie he stepped on a gigantic thorn or whatever, a scene that really did seem totally random and unnecessary, and because of that, some fans are speculating that it does have a purpose- Sawyer's going to lose a toe to a resulting infection, then the Losties travel back in time, he does something heroic or whatever, a statue gets built in his lovely four-toed honor.

I don't know. Part of me doesn't like that theory because I think it's just plain stupid, and part of me is violently refuting the idea because I know the writers originally wanted the statue to have six toes, but the art department, while sculpting the model for it, realized that just looked a little off, so they changed it to four. My personal take is that the Island natives (Others, Hostiles, whatever- people like Richard Alpert) may have evolved further than us, or something, and don't require a fifth toe (or required a sixth). I don't know. It's fully possible that the 'let's show them a statue with six toes' thing was just made up on the spot, and I wouldn't doubt that. But I just really don't like the idea of it being a statue of Sawyer's poor wounded foot.

Oh I am so glad to know that I am not the only one who noticed that scene. I seriously thought it was completely unnecessary but when you present a theory like that I have to somewhat agree and disagree
Now Sawyer losing a toe to a resulting infection is totally plausable. Seriously after I saw that scene I was like "WHAT?! He's not going to clean his foot or something?!? That thing is going to get infected"
But how a statue gets built is something that bugs me. Yes, it could go along the lines of the island shifts back in time to when natives are on the island but I'm still curious as to how Sawyer could affect them to build one giant statue of his foot, and as to how this affects the whole LOST plotline.
To be honest if the four toed statue is going to be modelled on anyones foot I say it should be Lockes. Afterall he is supposed to be the 'leader' and plus the fact that Locke couldn't walk before could mean the statue is more symbolic to Locke. But I'm still puzzeld over the whole four toed thing..... o_O

ALSO
Does anyone else think that Locke and Faraday have gone all Desmond on us? Seriosuly this time travel thing maybe interesting as hell but it's killing my brain.

set by Sakura

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:45 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Okay, I'm kind of hooked on this now. I think for the most part I've managed to figure out what's going on, but in my travels on the internets I've seen a lot of people saying that Charlotte needs to find her Constant. Can anyone explain what that means to me? o_O

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:02 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Byakuya San wrote:
Okay, I'm kind of hooked on this now. I think for the most part I've managed to figure out what's going on, but in my travels on the internets I've seen a lot of people saying that Charlotte needs to find her Constant. Can anyone explain what that means to me? o_O

A while ago Desmond was traveling through time, and he was told by Faraday (I think) that he needs to find a constant - a person or thing that is familiar to him in both time zones. He eventually finds Penny as his constant and is saved from his nose-bleeding-to-death condition.

Although I personally don't think that's the problem with Charlotte, as nobody else in her group is having the same problem. I think that she might be experiencing similar symptoms to the girl Faraday left behind (the one that's all hooked up to tubes and UV drips).

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:04 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

WIS wrote:
Byakuya San wrote:

A while ago Desmond was traveling through time, and he was told by Faraday (I think) that he needs to find a constant - a person or thing that is familiar to him in both time zones. He eventually finds Penny as his constant and is saved from his nose-bleeding-to-death condition.

Although I personally don't think that's the problem with Charlotte, as nobody else in her group is having the same problem. I think that she might be experiencing similar symptoms to the girl Faraday left behind (the one that's all hooked up to tubes and UV drips).

OK, thanks.

And as long as I'm here:
Has anyone else heard about Jin being in the next episode? I've heard rumors, but I don't know if any of them are true.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:49 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I just got into this show (finally) too, and I'm pretty much addicted. xD I'm still watching DVDs at the moment (just started 4). This show is such a pot of crack. It's amazing.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:46 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

WIS wrote:
Byakuya San wrote:

Yup, Faraday was the one who told Desmond to find a constant since Desmond found Faraday in the past at Oxford.

As for Charlotte, I agree with WIS' theory and I think she is experiencing symptoms similar to the girl Faraday left behind but to be honest, I would rather just make this simple and make it all about her needing to find a constant rather than that nosebleed/headache thing being about something that Faraday does. Although that could make for one hellova episode :D

set by Sakura

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next