Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 12:44 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Last Movie You Watched & What You Thought (Split @ 10)
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:40 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Enchanted - Adorably cute. I was so happy with the ending. What a great movie.

Evisceration is a sign of respect.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:37 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: I don't know, but there'd better be chocolate. [art by Fiddelysquat]
Hoarfrost wrote:
Enchanted - Adorably cute.

"Cute" is definitely the word for it. Sitting through that movie was kind of like eating a whole cake by oneself. It definitely enforced my desire to play a wicked stepmother one day, though. Wicked stepmothers get the best costumes and makeup, and they get to be all imperious.

"Oh, better far to live and die/Under the brave black flag I fly/Than play a sanctimonious part/With a pirate head and a pirate heart."

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:11 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Watching little birds fly kamikaze missions into the walls.
Live Free or Die Hard - I love Bruce Willis as John McClane <3 Every Die Hard movie has been awesome, and this one was no different! If you love Bruce Willis kicking everyone's butt, this is a good movie!

It was an honor serving you PPT. I will miss you.
Click here to join my new werewolf forum!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:53 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Turistas - Too short to get their message across, or get any actual attachment to the characters.
The Decent - Once you've seen one horror movie you've seen them all.
300 - One of the best movies I've seen. I'm a sucker for computer effects, but the hi/story got to me just the same.
Pride & Prejudice - I loved this. The acting seemed sincere, and I really do like Keira Knightley, but she sounds like she has cotton balls in her mouth when she talks.
Rashomon - Sigh. I'd hate to sound like I have a low IQ, but I didn't like, and didn't get this movie. Maybe if I knew Japanese and saw it 50 years ago I would have liked it.
I just finished watching Pan's Labyrinth - Beautifully done...

~Set by moogie~

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:15 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Los Osos, CA, USA, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
Just got back from
National Treasure 2

I really liked it. It was very fun. It had some goofy moments, and there was plenty of product placement (almost all of the computers were Apple), but it was still fun.

Set by Cukupan
Ohayo Nippon every Sunday at LW
I *heart* R
I'm on a boat like a boss

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 5:47 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: I don't know, but there'd better be chocolate. [art by Fiddelysquat]
Sweeney Todd--great. The cast was very well-chosen and the music was wonderful. Who knew Sacha Baron Cohen could actually act? I had a few qualms with some director choices, but I really liked it.

"Oh, better far to live and die/Under the brave black flag I fly/Than play a sanctimonious part/With a pirate head and a pirate heart."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:45 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Bourne Ultimateum.

KABOOM.
Rock on. Still watching it but man. ROCK ON.

Evisceration is a sign of respect.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:11 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Hoarfrost wrote:
Bourne Ultimateum.

KABOOM.
Rock on. Still watching it but man. ROCK ON.

Watched all three of those yesterday (got the box set for xmas :P)

They were amazing. Thought i had seen the first two, but turns out i'd only seen part of 1, think i confused 2 with a film called Paycheck or something, sounds vaguely familiar.

How good was the taxi car chase in 2, and the fight between Bourne and Desh in 3 :o Went back and watched each of them 2 or 3 times after the films.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:48 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Moongewl wrote:
Sweeney Todd--great. The cast was very well-chosen and the music was wonderful. Who knew Sacha Baron Cohen could actually act? I had a few qualms with some director choices, but I really liked it.

ITA. Much better use of my money than when my brother dragged me along to see AvP:Requiem on Christmas. :roll:

I have to say that my ears have not been able to tear away from the Sweeney Todd soundtrack this whole past week. Gah, I'm in looooooove. <3

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:45 am 
PPT God
PPT God

National Treasure 2

Not bad. Some nice action sequences and some funny moments. I thought the plot was mostly swiss cheese though.

Set by Byakuya'<3

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:26 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Moongewl wrote:
Hoarfrost wrote:
Enchanted - Adorably cute.

"Cute" is definitely the word for it. Sitting through that movie was kind of like eating a whole cake by oneself. It definitely enforced my desire to play a wicked stepmother one day, though. Wicked stepmothers get the best costumes and makeup, and they get to be all imperious.

definately.. w3rd

NDB Count: 835/1000

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:58 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Transformers (For the third time since I got the DVD)

Blackout's casual assault upon the base in Qatar still gives me chills.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:58 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

National Treasure 2
I found this movie to be.......meh.....
I mean it was good in some places but the plot at the beginning of the movie just completely died. I say if ever they do a third one(since i think they will) then they should just try to stick to the beginning plot and try not to be soooo far fetched.
I do really like Riley though <3

Sweeney Todd
I absolutely adore this movie. I was very much surprised by johhny depp singing since i was expecting something a bit of a lower level, but he was a pleasant surprise.
Plus I thought Sacha Baron Cohen was great.

The Chumscrubber
For anyone who is going to watch this movie, watch it twice since I know you will find it confusing. I quite like this movie simply because it was something different. It took me some time to understand a few things that do happen in the movie, but afterwards I had a good laugh because of how stupid I was.
I especially liked Ralph Fiennes somewhat quirky character and all the "honey you pierced his dorsal."
The directing from time to time was a confusing but I still enjoy this movie.

Hallum Foe
I really enjoyed this movie. The direction was great and I felt as if I could truly relate to Jamie Bell's character. I also loved the music aswell as most of the casting. I'm not a fan of Sophia Myles so I pretty much didn't enjoy watching her on screen, but I think with some work she will do some good things in the future. Who knows....
I am though, a fan of Jamie Bell ever since Billy Elliot, and have thoroughly enjoyed watching him in films. I think he is brilliant and myself as a budding actor hope to maybe one day work with him :D
Jamie Bell I think is going to be the next up and coming Christian Bale so I definitely have on eye on this lad :D

/rant

set by Sakura

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:01 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I Am Legend - Good movie; wasn't all it was hyped up to be though.

Set by Medli

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:29 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: New Zealand Weapon: HaaH Sword Species: Human Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
The Golden Compass:

Hmm...lots of things to say.

First, New Line cinema's attempt to create a new billion dollar cash cow franchise to suceed Lord of the Rings (and thus avoid working with Peter Jackson after their fallout). The level of branding is at the point where the movie isn't called 'The Golden Compass', but rather 'The Golden Compass New Line Production'. Look at the big shiny golden logo. I'm serious. The trailer was even 'from NEW LINE CINEMA who brought you Lord of the Rings...etc'

However it is an attempt without the same level of effort. It is chiefly, Far too rushed. The film overall comes across as a ham handed blugeoning through the plot. It jumps quickly from scene to scene as though they were like 'oh crap! We spent more than a minute! Get to the next one! Cut! Fade! ARRRGG!' I would have thought from the MULTIBILLION success of Lord of the Rings that they would have learn you don't have to make a movie two hours long or shorter. People can in fact sit for an extra half hour. Even an entire hour more! The movie feels shallow in a similar vein to Narnia (zomg Prince Caspian soon). Praise is given to the attention to detail, wardrobe, and especially the cast. Yet praise is not given to the fact that there was no time to elaborate them and use them effectively.

The most unfortunate thing is that the ending of it was shifted to the second film, but the fact it did not make Epic amounts of money (lol pun), despite being already profitable, might push back The Subtle Knife, or in a truly infuriating situation cancel it.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next