The big screen and the small screen... together at last! Hurrah!
Topic locked

Re: Pushing Daisies

Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:07 pm

WIS wrote:You can't really blame them. The show fell into the 4-million range.

It's moments like this when I wish shows like Smallville would finally die. I've watched Smallville from the very beginning and the quality is horrendous now.

Awww I'm going to miss my little Lee Pace fixes :(
Time to have Wonderfalls on loop....

Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:51 pm

3lla wrote:
WIS wrote:You can't really blame them. The show fell into the 4-million range.

It's moments like this when I wish shows like Smallville would finally die. I've watched Smallville from the very beginning and the quality is horrendous now.

Awww I'm going to miss my little Lee Pace fixes :(
Time to have Wonderfalls on loop....

It's so sad when shows that are clever, quirky, and beautiful can't stay a-float because of the network. In years past I've falling in love with many shows that were so great, but because of their time slot and the fact that the network never aired commercials for them, they died. Just thank the good lord for the writers strike because without that we probably wouldn't have had two season of this show.

Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:08 am

The good news is Bryan Fuller signed a two year contract with NBC, which means he'll be writing/directing for Heroes, but he will also create a new show for NBC. At least... I think.

Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:27 am

WIS wrote:The good news is Bryan Fuller signed a two year contract with NBC, which means he'll be writing/directing for Heroes, but he will also create a new show for NBC. At least... I think.

Well now lets just all hope that show can go from being annoying and useless to something actually worth watching again.

Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:20 am

What is upsetting is when a top quality show with amazing potential and uniqueness like Pushing Daisies doesn't garner enough viewership to keep it afloat, while some generic like Survivor always gets millions of viewers and manages to last way too long. It is a pity and a shame when shows like that, which have a number of similar types of shows, stay around.

BTW, I have been enjoying the season so far and am sad to see it go :( Another of my shows that was cancelled before its time. Did anyone else get a Pete's Dragon feel from last week's episode?

Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:46 am

I just watched The Norwegians (this week's episode). It was kind of awesome.

The bus. THE BUS. AND THEY KEPT CALLING IT MOTHER! *dies*

Now I am even more sad than before that this show is canceled.

Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:22 am

I was sick this week so I didn't get the chance to watch the episode (a first for me), so I am hoping to check it out in the next few days.

Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:13 am

I love this show so much! It's honestly the most beautiful show on air in the past few years. I'm sad it didn't last. The cast, writing, and art were all something that comes around once in a very short while.

Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:17 am

unspecialfish wrote:I love this show so much! It's honestly the most beautiful show on air in the past few years. I'm sad it didn't last. The cast, writing, and art were all something that comes around once in a very short while.

You mean "something that comes around once in a very long while"? :P

Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:20 pm

After watching the episode with the Norwegians, I really will miss Emerson Cod.

He just makes my day.

Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:15 am

WIS wrote:
unspecialfish wrote:I love this show so much! It's honestly the most beautiful show on air in the past few years. I'm sad it didn't last. The cast, writing, and art were all something that comes around once in a very short while.

You mean "something that comes around once in a very long while"? :P

Hey! I've heard that somewhere before -ponders- :D
Topic locked