Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 5:42 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Comedies
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:33 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Oh god Keeping Up Appearances makes me cringe.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:37 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Well, apparently they're giving Dane Cook his own show, which is really hailing the comedy apocalypse. D:

I'll just stick to watching Ab Fab reruns and Flight of the Conchords.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:58 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Fiddelysquat wrote:
Well, apparently they're giving Dane Cook his own show, which is really hailing the comedy apocalypse. D:

I'll just stick to watching Ab Fab reruns and Flight of the Conchords.

Good to know I'm not the only person who finds Dane Cook supremely unfunny. His stand-up has absolutely no punchlines.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:03 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

btw, did anyone else ever watch Lee & Herring on telly in the late 90s?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:25 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Favorite Cheese: Brie de Meaux, Red Leicester and Wensleydale.
Armite wrote:
Asthaloth wrote:
Armite wrote:
I like The Simpsons (I'm amazed no one has mentioned that yet),

We hates it ;) :P

Although I must say, I did love Keeping Up Appearances when I could find it on TV.

HOW CAN YOU HATES THE SIMPSONS?!

Yeah, it's on GBH... At least in the US and Canada.

Because the jokes are lame, it has animal cruelty (The I & S cartoon in the program. :mrgreen: If I wanted to see animal blood and guts I would watch Happy Tree Friends), it has guest stars way too often and the show hasn't been funny in years.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:28 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Combusken BG wrote:
Because the jokes are lame, it has animal cruelty (The I & S cartoon in the program. :mrgreen: If I wanted to see animal blood and guts I would watch Happy Tree Friends), it has guest stars way too often and the show hasn't been funny in years.

*bows down to Combusken BG*
I coudn't have said it better myself. :P

*wishes :mrgreen: was back*

I don't exist. omo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:04 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Combusken BG wrote:

Lisa Simpson reminds me of "Crazy sunofa crazy" me before I woke up and got a clue that, no, Everyone ISN'T out to get me, and that yes, most people aren't infact evil crazies, they are the minority.

That episode where she goes off about how "NO ONE LISTENS!!1!!1" after she spouts some nonsense about Veganism or something is quite liable to drive me completely ratty any time it's on TV.
I think I'll be banned from watching it soon, much like I am from reading the Daily Mail that mother insists on buying.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:56 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: I don't know, but there'd better be chocolate. [art by Fiddelysquat]
I still love the Simpsons. The first six or seven seasons(excluding the first season itself) are really great, and while it hit a pretty low patch with the excessive guest stars and flat episodes, it still turns out some pretty decent episodes sometimes. It's lived long past its prime, but it's still better than anything Fox is offering us these days.
Family Guy is like its illegitimate, ugly child that tries so hard to be loved but is depraved and saddens me. NOTE TO SETH MACFARLANE ET AL: stuttering and repeating oneself ad nauseam is not funny anymore. You've killed that concept. Please get a new one. And don't go for non sequitur cutaways or complete sadism against a character that's never particularly done anything wrong; you've pretty much beaten those to death as well.

"Oh, better far to live and die/Under the brave black flag I fly/Than play a sanctimonious part/With a pirate head and a pirate heart."

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:54 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Are you kidding me?! Oh my God, Family Guy > The Simpsons everytime.

But yeah, I love pretty much everything Emma mentioned plus the Friday Night Project. Jimmy Carr and Simon Anstell are bloody ace, could watch those two all day long. Little Britain to me though has lost it's touch. I miss Phoenix Nights. :(

It's coming...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:13 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Location: Being Lauraa/thesockoverlord's official crazy insane fanthing.
Combusken BG wrote:

Ha, Okay, this has some good points, but some pathetic, bull :o points:

# 1. Animal Cruelty
...AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! When I first read your post, I thought you were joking. That is complete and total bull. Epic fail; Itchy and Scratchy is a cartoon... within a freaking cartoon! You could complain the same things about Tom and Jerry, and basically every: Sylvester and Tweety cartoon (Sylvester ends up getting blown up, shot through the head, run over, sliced up, etc. at the end of most every cartoon, and yes, there is no blood, but there's animal cruelty for ya!), Wile E Coyote (basically the same things a S&T), And Elmer Fudd and Bugs Bunny (Elmer normally gets cooked or shot throught the head or something). The Blood is Red, outlined in black. That's it. Not realistic whatsoever. And in the scene that is in a lot of Itchy and Scratchy cartoons, Scratchy would get his skin ripped off or something, and he is just made of muscles and nerves and such. I have seen that in Loony Toons.

#2. Guest Stars
In the newer seasons they have been taking it easy on the guest stars; I thing there may have been, eh, four or five for all of season eighteen so far.

#3. "The jokes haven't been funny in years"
Well, I'd have to partly agree with that, although there are some really good jokes occasionally (The 18th season actually has good jokes), But seasons 1/2 (halfway through the first season) to season seven have actually been pretty good, after that, the plots sucked, there were too many guest stars, and the jokes weren't funny. But after the 17th season, they've been doing much better. The stories now have an actual plot.

Moving on:
Moongewl wrote:
I still love the Simpsons. The first six or seven seasons(excluding the first season itself) are really great, and while it hit a pretty low patch with the excessive guest stars and flat episodes, it still turns out some pretty decent episodes sometimes. It's lived long past its prime, but it's still better than anything Fox is offering us these days.
Family Guy is like its illegitimate, ugly child that tries so hard to be loved but is depraved and saddens me. NOTE TO SETH MACFARLANE ET AL: stuttering and repeating oneself ad nauseam is not funny anymore. You've killed that concept. Please get a new one. And don't go for non sequitur cutaways or complete sadism against a character that's never particularly done anything wrong; you've pretty much beaten those to death as well.

I. AGREE. COMPLETELY. I thought I was the only one who hated Family Guy! And have you seen TV-Tropolis?! They are completly leeching off of the "success" of Family Guy. 'Tis a complete ripoff of the Simpsons. I don't care if some of the Jokes are funnier, They've stolen everything:

Smart Baby
Smart-ish girl
Dumb boy
Dumb Father
Fat Father
Dog
Annoying Neighbor

Moongewl, I now have a slightly larger respect for you now.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:19 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Chill, it's The Simpsons. Not everyone is going to find a kids tv show funny. What a bloody stupid thing to get annoyed about...

It's coming...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:21 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Twinkle wrote:
Chill, it's The Simpsons. Not everyone is going to find a kids tv show funny. What a bloody stupid thing to get annoyed about...

<.<

Why Universe hate Wazzzzzpinator.

It seemed appropriate.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:02 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: I don't know, but there'd better be chocolate. [art by Fiddelysquat]
Twinkle wrote:

It's not a kid's show. It was the show that pioneered animated comedy as a genre for adults, giving rise to other not-for-kids animated shows such as Beavis and Butt-Head and encouraging networks to make their animated shows more appealing to the older generations(like Invader Zim, which many teens and adults loved, but which had to be taken off Nickelodeon because it gave children nightmares). I'm just sayin'. Because I have lots of spare time.

"Oh, better far to live and die/Under the brave black flag I fly/Than play a sanctimonious part/With a pirate head and a pirate heart."

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:17 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Location: Being Lauraa/thesockoverlord's official crazy insane fanthing.
Moongewl wrote:
Twinkle wrote:

It's not a kid's show. It was the show that pioneered animated comedy as a genre for adults, giving rise to other not-for-kids animated shows such as Beavis and Butt-Head and encouraging networks to make their animated shows more appealing to the older generations(like Invader Zim, which many teens and adults loved, but which had to be taken off Nickelodeon because it gave children nightmares). I'm just sayin'. Because I have lots of spare time.

Faith in Moongewl points: 3000
asthaloth wrote:
<.<

Why Universe hate Wazzzzzpinator.

It seemed appropriate.

...What?!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:59 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I still like The Simpsons although the best episodes were in the 90s (Mostly the first 8 or maybe 9 seasons). It is still funny sometimes - there have been a few good episodes this season. I've seen every episode and nowadays there are probably more misses than hits, but usually the new episodes are at least somewhat funny. As for the guest stars...yeah I'm tired of the pointless cameos. There doesn't need to be a guest star in almost every episode, it can be stupid and unnecessary. It promotes animal cruelty?! AHAHA...that's so ridiculous. Have you seen the episode where Lisa becomes a vegetarian? Did you know that Itchy & Scratchy is parodying old episodes of Tom & Jerry?

It's still better than Family Guy though. I have a love/hate relationship with that show. It is funny SOMETIMES but not very creative or original. Every episode has one interchangeable joke after another, little to no plot, and lame 80s references. It hasn't been very good since being 'uncanceled.' Have you ever seen the Cartoon Wars episodes of South Park? It shows everything that is wrong with Family Guy. I'd be surprised if anyone remembers Family Guy in 50 years.

I also like Futurama, South Park, 30 Rock, The Office (Both versions), Arrested Development, and Flight of the Conchords. IMO, Flight of the Conchords is the funniest show on TV right now.

"I'm not superstitious, but I'm a little stitious."

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next