The big screen and the small screen... together at last! Hurrah!
Topic locked

Re: Last Movie You Watched & What You Thought (Split @ 13)

Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:37 am

Christopher wrote:Speed Racer - That was really fantastic

I watched that and simply said "So this is what it must be like to be on drugs".

That movie was a total and utter waste of time in my opinion. And I'm a car dork too.
I'll stick to the original show thanks.

Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:30 am

Ammer wrote:
Christopher wrote:Speed Racer - That was really fantastic

Really? I've heard it was crap.

Although, I can't seem to tell if you're being sarcastic or not.

I like flashing lights and bright colours. I wasn't watching the movie for the plot or anything close to intelligence, and it succeeded.

Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:29 pm

Wall-E
Ohmahgawd.

This movie is utterly fantastic. Hardly any dialogue and I still was moved by the cinematography and the sheer brilliance of the animation.

I recommend it for everyone

Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:36 pm

Hancock--the first part is good, they introduce a major plot element, it gets decidedly meh.

Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:40 am

WALL-E - A lot better than all of the reviews I got from friends.

Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:53 pm

The Golden Compass - I thought it was pretty good. The best scene is definitely the polar bear fight - there's that one part of it where you're just like, "Whoa! Did that really just happen?!" It was crazy. I'm wondering if they're going to make the other movies or not, and I'm seriously considering reading the books.

Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:32 pm

Wall-e was the cutest movie ever. Even though the majority of the dialogue consists of two words it was probably one of the best movies Disney/Pixar has ever done and it was pretty funny too. It also had a great message.

Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:53 pm

Hancock - I loved it; I had assumed the worst because it looked as if the movie couldn't decide if it was an action or comedy movie. But I was pleasantly surprised, definitely a good movie :)

Hellboy - I watched it so I wouldn't be confused when I see "Hellboy II". It was a good movie, some plot elements were a bit shaky but overall, a good solid movie. I can't wait to see the sequel which looks amazing!

Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:02 pm

Wall-E.

AMAZING. Mostly because they used Macintalk for the voice of Auto. <3

Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:29 pm

Wall-E: Yeah, I'll agree with everyone else and say it was good. Which it was.

Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:31 pm

The Mist: Best. Movie. Ever.

Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:48 am

Hancock: Strangest. Movie. Ever.

Like someone else said, I couldn't decide which genre of movie it was, lol! But it was good just the same. :) (Also, I have a mini-crush on Jason Bateman which I'm sure helps).

Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:39 pm

Hancock: I really enjoyed it. The comedy was great, the action was pretty good. I feel like the last third of the movie was somewhat strange. There's one point where you find something out that you weren't expecting, and after that, the movie just doesn't really tell you a whole lot, which was the one disappointment.

Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:07 pm

The Happening - Oh. My. God. This is the worst movie to ever hit the screens, EVER (aside from those teen flicks and cartoon crap movies). You know what wasn't happening? The script. God awful writing that was. The acting. Who the Hell cast these people? The only person I liked was John Leguizamo (I can't spell his last name) and that's only because he's an amazing actor. Everyone else sucked.

The plot itself had potential, but my God, what an awful execution that was.

I sentence M. Night to NEVER direct another movie again. Or at least to come up with interesting plots (which he does) and just let other writers and directors take it from there.

Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:16 pm

i saw Hancock recently and i wasn't disappointed coz i didn't really expect much...

the last one i actually saw was Get Smart. i liked it coz i thought everyone in the movie was funny...lol
Topic locked