Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 4:32 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: America's Next Top Model crowns its first plus size model
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 2:13 am 
PPT God
PPT God

To answer a previous post...the theme of Whitney's shot is "grunge." :)

The whole series, I was kinda bothered by the fact that she was always referred to as "plus-sized." She's probably the closest thing I've seen to a healthy representation in a model. Go her.

That said, I still wish Anya had won. I thought her shoots were amazing...and didn't she win all those challenges? She seemed like such a sweetheart too. Ah well.

Please help my dragons grow and give a click!

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 5:47 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Moongewl wrote:
Wikipedia wrote:
Plus-size model is a term internationally applied to a woman who is engaged primarily in modeling garments that are designed and marketed specifically for larger body sizes and types.

I just don't think people should hear "plus-size" and automatically attach negative connotations to it. The fact that she models clothing designed for plus-sizes* doesn't make her any less attractive, so calling her a plus-size model does not mean she's fat. It's just a job description.

*Meaning the clothing is designed to look good in plus-sizes, not that it is only manufactured in plus-sizes. If you wear an unusual size in anything, especially if you're a women, you probably understand the distinction.

Everyone I have ever met (And I really do mean all of them) has regarded people of her size to be too thin.
I'm not sure where this idea that you have to be size 4 (He over exaggerated the point) to be sexy comes from, but it's certainly not the male population I've ever met.

(My other half is significantly larger than a 10, and is stunning. Although I guess that's the point, I wouldn't be with her if I didn't think that)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:02 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Fiddelysquat wrote:
I always give a chuckle when they call these girls "plus sized". I am in the healthy weight range for my height, and these girls are, on average, two inches taller than I am and quite a few pant sizes smaller. It truly warps your vision when you see them standing next to all the other girls on the show. Comparitively, they are plus sized, but put them in a room full of normal women and you'll see the truth.

Hit the nail on the head.

that's me.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:01 pm 

I was very dissapointed she won.. Anya did very good throughout the entire competition. Her outfits on the runway were very tight and hard to walk in while Whitney's outfits were very loose and easy to walk in. Whitney was in the bottom two alot, acted fake on all of the commercials, and did not compare to Anya on photoshoots. I am very sorry to people who liked her but I am just voicing my opinion.

But I am happy anyways because Anya was destined to be a model even though she didn't win.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2